Books and more books discussion

Buys and Borrows > March 2011 Buys

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) What have you bought this month

Amy ~Lover of Books~ Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1) by Rachel Hawkins (cause it was bargain priced on amazon for under 7 dollars hardcover edition and this book was amazing)

Demonglass (Hex Hall, #2) by Rachel Hawkins (cause I wanted to know what happens next in the series and it was under 10 dollars hardcover edition on amazon)

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) cool i'm going to try and buy as little as i can but I don't know if that is going to happen

Amy ~Lover of Books~ ❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "cool i'm going to try and buy as little as i can but I don't know if that is going to happen"

I still need to get a few books, but I am only buying a little at a time.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) I'm going to try and do that

Amy ~Lover of Books~ I bought my own copy because it was bargain priced for under 4 dollars on amazon yesterday:
Betrayals (Strange Angels, #2) by Lilith Saintcrow

message 7: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ I have 2011 books in my apartment and yet there I was in Barnes and Noble buying a bookmark. Well don't you know that I just couldn't walk out of there without buying a book so I picked up the following:

Never Again (Wizards of Nevermore, #1) by Michele Bardsley The Fallen Raziel (Fallen, #1) by Kristina Douglas Hunger Untamed (Feral Warriors, #5) by Pamela Palmer

You know because I needed a few more books to read. :)

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) I just back from the library and bought
Highland Outlaw (Campbell Trilogy, #2) by Monica McCarty Highlander Ever After (Nvengaria, #3) by Jennifer Ashley The Dream-Hunter (Dark-Hunter, #10) (Dream-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

message 9: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ I just came back from Walmart and they had a $1.99 dump bin with newish books. I got

Shadow Fall (Shadow Series, #2) by Erin Kellison Shadow Bound (Shadow, #1) by Erin Kellison The Shattered Sylph (Sylph #2) by L.J. McDonald The Darkly Luminous Fight for Persephone Parker (Strangely Beautiful, #2)  by Leanna Renee Hieber Mayhem in High Heels (High Heels Series #5) by Gemma Halliday Chill by Stephanie Rowe My Zombie Valentine by Katie MacAlister Entwined (Eternal Guardians, #2) by Elisabeth Naughton Marked (Eternal Guardians, #1) by Elisabeth Naughton Bloodstone (Leisure Fiction) by Nate Kenyon The 5th Witch by Graham Masterton

And picked up these two at regular price (Walmart's regular price which is $2 less than a book store).
Primal (Breeds, #23; Nightshade, #1.5) by Lora Leigh Devil's Own (A Clan MacAlpin Novel) by Veronica Wolff

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) Very cool books Barbara

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) Evil Twin One (Ange) wrote: "This past weekend I bought
The Iron King (Iron Fey, #1) by Julie KagawaThe Iron Daughter (Iron Fey, #2) by Julie KagawaThe Iron Queen (Iron Fey, #3) by Julie Kagawa

And yesterday I bought
Embraced By Darkness (Riley Jenson Guardian, #5) by Keri Arthur[b..."

I have the first and 3th in the Riley series

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) yeah I get payed this week and I thank i'm going to go buy the rest of the series

Amy ~Lover of Books~ This came out today and I might wait til Thursday or so when I get paid to buy it on amazon. Plus, I want to see if amazon will lower the price a little more in the next couple days like they did with Demonglass.

Afterlife (Evernight, #4) by Claudia Gray

Amy ~Lover of Books~ Evil Twin One (Ange) wrote: "that's another series I wanna get. I read the first and have the second in ebook but I really wanna get them all paperback or however I can cuz I hate ebooks."

I have the first 3 in hardback and read the first two because I heard book 3 ends on a major cliffhanger.

Amy ~Lover of Books~ Evil Twin One (Ange) wrote: "I can see why you waited to read book 3 then. I hate when they end in major cliff hangers. Some of the House of Night books did that and I was glad I had them all when I was reading them. The last ..."

I try not to read books with major cliffhangers, but I cannot help it sometimes.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) I bought yesterday from HPBs
Howling at the Moon (Tales of an Urban Werewolf, #1) by Karen MacInerney Total Eclipse (Weather Warden, #9) by Rachel Caine Dayhunter (Dark Days, #2) by Jocelynn Drake Unknown (Outcast Season, #2) by Rachel Caine The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld, #5) by Gena Showalter Dawnbreaker (Dark Days, #3) by Jocelynn Drake The Darkest Lie (Lords of the Underworld, #6) by Gena Showalter Rogue (Shifters, #2) by Rachel Vincent Pride (Shifters, #3) by Rachel Vincent Prey (Shifters, #4) by Rachel Vincent Alpha (Shifters, #6) by Rachel Vincent

and from walmart
Pretty Little Liars (Pretty Little Liars #1) by Sara Shepard

message 17: by Starzee (new)

Starzee I bought today:

This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5) by Jeaniene Frost Skykeepers (Final Prophecy, #3) by Jessica Andersen Veil of Shadows (Veil, #2) by Shiloh Walker Primal Instincts (Primes, #9) by Susan Sizemore Jewel of Atlantis (Atlantis, #2) by Gena Showalter The Nymph King (Atlantis, #3) by Gena Showalter Dark Guardian (Carpathians, #9) by Christine Feehan Predatory Game (GhostWalkers, #6) by Christine Feehan Ruthless Game (GhostWalkers, #9) by Christine Feehan

And yesterday from Borders:

Millenium Snow, Volume 2  by Bisco Hatori Enemy (Fushigi Yûgi The Mysterious Play #10) by Yuu Watase

Haha well technically my dad bought the books for me and my mother bought the manga lol

message 18: by Starzee (last edited Mar 11, 2011 06:13PM) (new)

Starzee ❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "I bought yesterday from HPBs
Howling at the Moon (Tales of an Urban Werewolf, #1) by Karen MacInerneyTotal Eclipse (Weather Warden, #9) by Rachel CaineDayhunter (Dark Days, #2) by Jocelynn DrakeUnknown (Outcast Season, #2) by Rachel Caine[bookcover:The Darkest Passion|6758331..."

How much do you pay for a book on average? Curious to know the price differences between countries

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) ☆♥Starzee♥☆ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "I bought yesterday from HPBs
Howling at the Moon (Tales of an Urban Werewolf, #1) by Karen MacInerneyTotal Eclipse (Weather Warden, #9) by Rachel CaineDayhunter (Dark Days, #2) by Jocelynn DrakeUnknown (Outcast Season, #2) by Rachel Caine[bookcover:The Darkes..."

Mass Market Paperback go from $6.99 - $7.99
Hardbacks are a lot more

message 20: by Starzee (new)

Starzee $7.99??? Jesus Christ. In New Zealand, prices for Mass Market Paperbacks are between $17-$35. Hardbacks $35+ depending on what you want.

message 21: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca I just bought Demonglass (Hex Hall, #2) by Rachel Hawkins Bloody Valentine by Melissa de la Cruz and Secrets and Shadows (13 to Life, #2) by Shannon Delany online from Chapters. I got free shipping so I only paid $37 for 2 hardcovers and 1 paperback

Amy ~Lover of Books~ I vowed yesterday that I am not going to buy any more books or other special stuff until April. It is kinda hard to explain my reasoning why I decided this.

message 23: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Good luck with that

Amy ~Lover of Books~ Rebecca wrote: "Good luck with that"

Thanks, it will be hard, but I will try to do it.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) ☆♥Starzee♥☆ wrote: "$7.99??? Jesus Christ. In New Zealand, prices for Mass Market Paperbacks are between $17-$35. Hardbacks $35+ depending on what you want."

DANG that is a lot

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) I bought from Amazon
Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) by Kiersten White Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George Primal Bonds (Shifters Unbound, #2) by Jennifer Ashley Romeo & Juliet & Vampires by Claudia Gabel Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1) by Rachel Hawkins The Demon Trapper's Daughter (The Demon Trappers #1) by Jana Oliver Wildthorn by Jane Eagland The Body Finder (The Body Finder, #1) by Kimberly Derting The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, #1) by James Patterson Monster High by Lisi Harrison Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill Blood Song (Blood Singer, #1) by Cat Adams Boys that Bite (Blood Coven, #1) by Mari Mancusi Vamped (Vamped, #1) by Lucienne Diver The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove by Lauren Kate Once a Witch (Witch, #1) by Carolyn MacCullough The Good Ghouls' Guide to Getting Even by Julie Kenner Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson Possessions (Possessions, #1) by Nancy Holder The Morganville Vampires Volume 2 by Rachel Caine Almost to Die For (Vampire Princess of St. Paul, #1) by Tate Hallaway
I didn't buy it at one

I bought from Target
Flawless (Pretty Little Liars, #2) by Sara Shepard Discord's Apple by Carrie Vaughn

Amy ~Lover of Books~ ❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "I bought from Amazon
Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) by Kiersten WhitePrincess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day GeorgePrimal Bonds (Shifters Unbound, #2) by Jennifer AshleyRomeo & Juliet & Vampires by Claudia Gabel[bookcover:Hex Ha..."

I wish I can buy a lot of books, but I don't have the room for a whole bunch and I need to save some money at least about a month. It is kinda complicated why need to. It is going to be hard not going to buy books during one month.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "I bought from Amazon
Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) by Kiersten WhitePrincess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day GeorgePrimal Bonds (Shifters Unbound, #2) by Jennifer AshleyRomeo & Juliet & Vampires by Claudia Gabel[..."

yesh I have not room for new books but I can't help it lol. And good luck on not buying books this month

message 29: by Starzee (new)

Starzee Bluemoon wrote: "STARZEE: Damn! That is totally expensive and I thought books here (Canada) are expensive!"

LOL well someone told me the exchange rate from America to New Zealand dollar would make up most of the difference, but I'm not seeing it haha! I'll just have to take their word for it.

But yes, totally expensive!! You'd think it would stop me from buying books, but nope LOL!

I try to buy from a little place called Bookworms. It's a second hand store but the lady who owns it orders in Paranormal Romance and Sci-Fi brand new, selling them a few dollars cheaper than anybody else

message 30: by Starzee (new)

Starzee LIZZ: You buy a LOT of books LOL. Do you keep up to date with reading them? Or just stockpile them for when you're in the mood?

Amy ~Lover of Books~ ❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "I bought from Amazon
Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) by Kiersten WhitePrincess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day GeorgePrimal Bonds (Shifters Unbound, #2) by Jennifer Ashley[bookcover:Romeo & J..."

Well, it might have to be longer than one month with me not buying books, games, etc. because of money issues in my family I just found out today. I need to try and help my family out as much as I can even though I have one the crappiest job ever because I don't know what is going to happen later on.

message 32: by Starzee (new)

Starzee Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "I bought from Amazon
Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) by Kiersten WhitePrincess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day GeorgePrimal Bonds (Shifters Unbound, #2) by Jennifer Ashley[boo..."

Wow, that's unfortunate. I hope things improve for you and your family soon.

I actually know what that's like. A few years ago my family and I had money issues and it was a very hard time for us. A lot of cutbacks on everything to try and cope. So like I said, I hope it doesn't last long for you and your family.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) ☆♥Starzee♥☆ wrote: "LIZZ: You buy a LOT of books LOL. Do you keep up to date with reading them? Or just stockpile them for when you're in the mood?"

I stockpile them lol

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "I bought from Amazon
Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) by Kiersten WhitePrincess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day GeorgePrimal Bonds (Shifters Unbound, #2) by Jennifer Ashley[boo..."

I been writing my mom a check for 100dollors everytime I get payed cause that is all I can do right now

Amy ~Lover of Books~ ❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "I bought from Amazon
Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) by Kiersten WhitePrincess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George[bookcover..."

☆♥Starzee♥☆ wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "I bought from Amazon
[bookcover:Paranormalcy|7719245]Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George[bookcover..."

I hope so too. My mom and I believe things happen for a reason. My eldest brother had a dream earlier this year and my dad was in it and told my brother that everything is going to be all right. I just hope it will for us.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "I bought from Amazon
Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) by Kiersten White[bookcover:Princess of the Midnight Ball|36..."

If you need anyone to talk to i'm here

Amy ~Lover of Books~ ❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "I bought from Amazon
Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) by Kiersten White[bookcover:Prince..."

Thanks!

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "I bought from Amazon
Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) by Kiersten White[..."

It is always better if you have someone to talk too

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "I bought from Amazon
Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) by Kiersten White[..."

It is always better if you have someone to talk too

Amy ~Lover of Books~ I finally bought my own copy today at HPB using a 50 percent off coupon:
Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost

They also had books 2-4 in the series, but I decided just to get the one today.

message 41: by Starzee (new)

Starzee Wow, awesome. Love that series.

I don't think I'll be buying any books for a while. Not unless my job search turns up something positive lol

Amy ~Lover of Books~ ☆♥Starzee♥☆ wrote: "Wow, awesome. Love that series.

I don't think I'll be buying any books for a while. Not unless my job search turns up something positive lol"

I love the series too. I have read the first four books so far in the series. The reason why I made the exception and bought it today because of the 50 percent off coupon on any one item in the store for and it was over 2 dollars and the condition looked good.

message 43: by Starzee (new)

Starzee I would have bought it too. Bargains are the best =D

Amy ~Lover of Books~ ☆♥Starzee♥☆ wrote: "I would have bought it too. Bargains are the best =D"

Yeah. I wanted to also get book 2, 3, and 4, but I think I can find them online for cheap too. I want to read book 5 too.

message 45: by Starzee (new)

Starzee Hmmm... I found book 5 to be a bit forced. I'd love to know your thoughts when you read it.

I'm missing book 4. For some reason it seems harder to find than the rest where I am.

message 46: by Amy ~Lover of Books~ (last edited Mar 28, 2011 12:10PM) (new)

Amy ~Lover of Books~ ☆♥Starzee♥☆ wrote: "Hmmm... I found book 5 to be a bit forced. I'd love to know your thoughts when you read it.

I'm missing book 4. For some reason it seems harder to find than the rest where I am."

I'm missing book 2-5 now, lol. I think I may have to reread books 1-4 since I read them last year and I kinda forgot some stuff in this series.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) I want to ask you guys something

I am thinking about becoming a antique appraiser cause I love history. But what do you guys thank?

message 48: by Starzee (new)

Starzee I think if it's something you really want to do and are passionate about, you shuold go for it. Not everyone in ife gets to do a job that they love. And if later you decide it's not for you, then you can always move on to something else.

Sounds really interesting =D. If you love history so much, then this job would be really good for you.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) ☆♥Starzee♥☆ wrote: "I think if it's something you really want to do and are passionate about, you shuold go for it. Not everyone in ife gets to do a job that they love. And if later you decide it's not for you, then..."

yeah i'm going to try and go back to school for History