Bookreaders of the Pacific Northwest discussion

PDX Foodie Book Group

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by sadie (new)

sadie Howdy, All,

I'm new to this group so mea culpa if what I'm posting violates terms...

I am starting a food-themed book group for hungry minds and rabid readers in PDX, OR! I'm looking for a small group of female food enthusiasts who are as crazy as I am about food books (memoir, essay, fiction).

I'm a mid-forties, CSA member, gardening would-be maven seeking other like-minded forty-somethings for camaraderie and book discussion.

This group will meet once a month to discuss a mutually chosen food-themed book, occasionally accompanied by an outing to a local eatery so that we might sate our book and foodie hunger!

Here's a brief list of the books I've enjoyed in past (and that might appeal to you?). But the real fun will be in discovering what each member brings to the table!

If this interests, I'll hope to hear from you.

Bon Ap,
sadie

*Spoon Fed: How Eight Cooks Saved my Life
*The Language of Baklava
*97 Orchard: An Edible History of Five Immigrant Families
*Life, Death & Bialys
*American Wasteland: How America Throws Away Nearly Half of Its Food (and What We Can Do About It)

message 2: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Hutchinson (thursamaday) | 3 comments Unfortunately, I'm in Belligham, WA but that does sounds like a great book club Idea. I really enjoy reading about food!

Here are some food books, I've really enjoyed.

An Edible History of Humanity
Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life
Salt: A World History
A History of the World in 6 Glasses

message 3: by sadie (new)

sadie Lauren wrote: "Unfortunately, I'm in Belligham, WA but that does sounds like a great book club Idea. I really enjoy reading about food!

Here are some food books, I've really enjoyed.

[book:An Edible History of..."

Thanks Lauren for chiming in! :D
I used to live in B'ham..sure do miss the Coop! Yummmmm!
All best,
sadie

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Hutchinson (thursamaday) | 3 comments Yup, the Co-Op is delish, and I can't wait for the Farmers Market to open up again!