Problems with Life/Emos and Goths discussion

What is a real emo?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 293 (293 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi. I could consider myself an emo, i cut with a plastic knife but it leaves scars. But in reality, im an almost 13 yr old girl. a dirty blonde, fat, 5-year-old-faced, boobless, makeupless freak. nobody at school ever would susspect that im emo because i keep it on the inside. Now let me tell you this: there are freaks at my school who call themselves emo. they wear wolf tails, chains, black marcara down their cheeks, and dye their hair pink and black. but they dont cut themselves. they dont feel the depression and pain a real emo feels. like me. they do it for attention and sh** like that. unlike me. I am real. I wear normal clothes, laugh and smile alot, and have lots of friends that are real, not fake. but im still emo, unlike those goths. yes, goths are the ones that dress that way but dont cut. no offense to them.

message 2: by Army of Sexy Unicorns! (last edited Mar 01, 2011 07:04PM) (new)

Army of Sexy Unicorns! | 1 comments i think your right but i don't cut yet

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Chichi *Mrs. Ivashkov. The original* wrote: "But some emos don't cut. So are you saying that if you don't cut your not a real emo?"

no, if you dont really feel pain in your heart but just dress that way to look like it, then ur technically goth. not that theres anything wrong with that!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

then ur emo! welcome though! i just dont think its right to mix goths and emos because goths want to look a certain way and thats different from BEING that way

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

you can be both. i still love ya no matter wat!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

i would luv ya if u were an alien taking over earth! haha id probably be one too if u were one though :)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

well ill talk to u!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

thnx :)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

giygue loves u!

message 10: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 37 comments I think what you're calling 'goth' is scene...:P
Scene is: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=h...
Goth is: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=h...
And then emo is basically a toned down, less colorful scene. (Strictly style-wise, at least.) Emo is a music genre and a style; it is not depression.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

but emo is the term for people who are sad and catu themselves....
scene IS the style, but its a lil more modern and bright
goth is more dressy
emos wear browns, pastels, and blacks

Every one bites the dust! *music is my sole* l n l i /a g o s (katlan15) | 436 comments emo actuly comes from the word EMOtional... but on the inside ... on the outside there are the 'happie' groops... and then there are the 'staled' groops... i am bolth... i dont listen to the pop/ rmb or what ever it is called... i listen to techno...iv cut myself a cople times... but i still dont feelanything... untill i go into a suisidle state... not fun... UGH and i hate all the pansyasses who thinck they are emo!... NO JUST NO!
and i know i can not spell for shit!... Cope with it

Every one bites the dust! *music is my sole* l n l i /a g o s (katlan15) | 436 comments wow im suprised... no1 ever does... im just the 'depresed nerd that will bight your heaad off'

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Personaly, I think an emo is just someone who knows the true face of pain and has seen it first hand...someone who has a lot to tell.

Every one bites the dust! *music is my sole* l n l i /a g o s (katlan15) | 436 comments yes... but i do not tell... i have troble talking to people about how i feel...

message 16: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (musicequalslove) | 1818 comments *♥Nemonica♥* ~*One of the forgotten*~ wrote: "Personaly, I think an emo is just someone who knows the true face of pain and has seen it first hand...someone who has a lot to tell."

Thats how I am. If you read my bio u would understand. Yeah, I'm going to therapy and it helps some, I still fight the depression every day. I fight the urge to slice my wrist every day. Now, I don't broadcast to the world that I'm cutting. Cuz I think if you announce it to the world your just trying to get attention from ppl. To cut and not tell any one (only ppl that i tell all the time is y'all) those are the true "emo" kids. Cuz only reason I am emo is because I have been through so much crap it isn't funny. The music especially the screamo has an outlet effect on me. I can sing along to it and put meaning into it cuz I connect to it. Yeah, if you see me in real life you wouldn't think that I would be emo. I wear bright colors, flip flops, dresses (i'm forced into them), and non skinny jeans. But yeah I do have skinny jeans, studded belt, and a couple of band t shirts. I laugh, joke around, and basically act anti emo. But if you catch me on one of my off days....I'm quiet, I don't smile at anything, and it takes me time to respond to someone when they ask me a question. Like its unbearable to talk about a subject.
To this day I'm trying to fight the depression, but as hard as I am fighting it is fighting that hard back. I hate it. Its like once ur in the abyss of depression, it doesn't go down with out a fight when your trying to break free.

Every one bites the dust! *music is my sole* l n l i /a g o s (katlan15) | 436 comments holly shit! that is me... (mines the therapy... sports is mine)but i could never form words into a sentance to make scence...

message 18: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (musicequalslove) | 1818 comments eh, i'm a writer so writing comes naturally to me. its my spelling and grammar

Every one bites the dust! *music is my sole* l n l i /a g o s (katlan15) | 436 comments ... aparently im the best wrighter in my class... im not that good...

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Kayla wrote: "*♥Nemonica♥* ~*One of the forgotten*~ wrote: "Personaly, I think an emo is just someone who knows the true face of pain and has seen it first hand...someone who has a lot to tell."

Thats how I am...."

O.M.G. YOU DESCRIBED ME PERFECTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im so srry btw that ur sad too!

message 21: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (musicequalslove) | 1818 comments Avery (link-giver) ☮♥♫ ♀★ ☺ wrote: "Kayla wrote: "*♥Nemonica♥* ~*One of the forgotten*~ wrote: "Personaly, I think an emo is just someone who knows the true face of pain and has seen it first hand...someone who has a lot to tell."

T..."

i'm use sadness. but i have good friends to up lift me every once and a while. the depression doesn't kick in until i am alone

message 22: by KB (new)

KB Love is our weapon (kaitybugs) | 881 comments EMO does come from EMOtional. Which fits me well because I have very high highs and very very low lows (mor lows then highs). Scene is like punk kicked up a notch.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Kayla wrote: "Avery (link-giver) ☮♥♫ ♀★ ☺ wrote: "Kayla wrote: "*♥Nemonica♥* ~*One of the forgotten*~ wrote: "Personaly, I think an emo is just someone who knows the true face of pain and has seen it first hand...."

same here..... wow i think ur my long lost twin or somthin!!!

message 24: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (musicequalslove) | 1818 comments Avery (link-giver) ☮♥♫ ♀★ ☺ wrote: "same here.... wow i think ur my long lost twin or somthin!!!"

haha probably who knows.

message 25: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (musicequalslove) | 1818 comments once someone gets to know me i'm really predictable but those who don't know me think i'm unpredictable. Cuz they don't understand my reasoning. But what I say that is my opinion I have a reason. Its not cuz I have a have a half closed and half open mind its cuz of the experiences I have and what I've learned from others.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

huh.... i just came home from a chior concert. we did good, we had fun, mrs.jones (our director) was proud, but one thing rly messed things up for me. Well, i rly hate attention being called to me in front of strangers (AKA the adudience) just pointing that out. anyways, i was sitting with my legs on the ground, absolutley NOTHING showing when a lady walked up to the stage. She was one of those fake blonde-and-tans that make you think that theyre just kids in growup bodies. So then after walking up to the stage, she starts yelling, "HEY, GIRL! YOU IN THE FRONT! PULL DOWN YOUR SKIRT SO NONE OF THAT JUNK SHOWS!" I was absolutley mortified. At first, I didnt even think she was talking to me. My friends and i, of course, after she sat down, made sarcastic jokes about her, but it didnt make me feel better... i felt like i wanted to curl up in a ball and die but also like i wanted to slap the sh*** out of her at the same time. I mean, who does that ass think she is!?! OK, ok, i disgress.... i didnt even know her. infact, not even mrs jones or my choir knew who she was. And I cant just tell what her personality is like off of her fake blonde and tan-ness.... but still, what do yall think?

message 27: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (musicequalslove) | 1818 comments Avery (link-giver) ☮♥♫ ♀★ ☺ wrote: "huh.... i just came home from a chior concert. we did good, we had fun, mrs.jones (our director) was proud, but one thing rly messed things up for me. Well, i rly hate attention being called to me ..."

she is a butt (putting it nicely) who knows maybe she was drunk or high. Cuz don't yall wear those black dresses during choir conserts?

message 28: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (musicequalslove) | 1818 comments but make sure she throws the first punch for then u can claim it was self defense

Every one bites the dust! *music is my sole* l n l i /a g o s (katlan15) | 436 comments not inles you threten,or verbaly 'throw the first punch'

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah.... she wasnt drunk but lol my friends were like joking "oh yeah, ill pull my skirt down if you pull ur WRINKLES down!"

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

ikr

message 32: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (musicequalslove) | 1818 comments Avery (link-giver) ☮♥♫ ♀★ ☺ wrote: "yeah.... she wasnt drunk but lol my friends were like joking "oh yeah, ill pull my skirt down if you pull ur WRINKLES down!""

lol

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

exactly.

Every one bites the dust! *music is my sole* l n l i /a g o s (katlan15) | 436 comments and if you hit them with the right angle and force you can eather give them brain damig and might evankill them... *grinnes at the thaught*

message 35: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (musicequalslove) | 1818 comments i'sOkAy (European Noble)Oui....nein wrote: "and if you hit them with the right angle and force you can eather give them brain damig and might evankill them... *grinnes at the thaught*"
hmmmm thanks for the tip:)

Every one bites the dust! *music is my sole* l n l i /a g o s (katlan15) | 436 comments hehe well the only reason i know this is because my dad was a war Major... and my mum is a navy nurce...

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

wow do u have to move alot?

Every one bites the dust! *music is my sole* l n l i /a g o s (katlan15) | 436 comments not anymore... my mum got out when i was borne and my dad got out after 22 years... but yes i DID have to move around alot... my mum isa getting her lisens back... so she can work at the local schools...

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah....

Every one bites the dust! *music is my sole* l n l i /a g o s (katlan15) | 436 comments it is and was... and no1 understands thatthey can say somthing and in has no meaning to them or to other people around them but it hurts me... i need counsiling and maby mentle help because iv bottled everything up and im getting almoast.... abusive... with physicly hurting them... but i dont want to talk to pepole.... i just want them to leave me alown... i love the internet because you people are like robots....and it isharder for me to hurt you... i mean you might not like me or how i say somthing... but it is not like we will ever meat in person....so...

message 41: by KB (new)

KB Love is our weapon (kaitybugs) | 881 comments Trust me you can do as much damage to me just by phrasing something wrong as you could beating me to the point where I have to be hospitalized. If it's an opinion I can usual tell it's just that though.

message 42: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (musicequalslove) | 1818 comments GOD WHY DO GUYS HAVE TO BE SUCH IDIOTS!?

Every one bites the dust! *music is my sole* l n l i /a g o s (katlan15) | 436 comments well you seem to be the only one...

and they mature slower than girls... what do you expect from an adelesent little boy...?
sorry it is the day after a 15 hr car ride being the talist and bigest(not fat) i had to sit in the back... so im kinda cranky

message 44: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (musicequalslove) | 1818 comments its okay I'm mad and i'm also confused right now

message 46: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (musicequalslove) | 1818 comments yeah but I now have a valid reason

message 47: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (musicequalslove) | 1818 comments message me its a long story

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

I found this poem on the internet:

I want to throw this peice of glass away
It hovers over my head every single day
The pressure grows stronger.
The days become longer
And I watch myself drift away.
This is the bottle that hides my emotions.
It used to be a bright, empty green bottle that held nothing more than childhood innocence
But now it holds the heaviest weight of all.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

I didnt... i found it on a poetry site LOL im no good @ poetry LOL

message 50: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (musicequalslove) | 1818 comments speaking of poetry I found one that I wrote 2 years ago that I forgot that I wrote. It was about this boyfriend that I had. He was my first crush, first real boyfriend, and first kiss....

« previous 1 3 4 5 6