Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > goodreads author Helen Neville

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by joy (new)

joy *the clean-reader extraordinaire* (joytotheworld) | 10 comments i'm trying to combine the editions Is This a Phase: Child Development And Parent Strategies from Birth to 6 Years and
Is This a Phase?: Child Development & Parent Strategies, Birth to 6 Years.

in one, the author is listed as Helen F. Neville, and the other as Helen Fowler Neville. i tried to combine the author profiles. i wasn't able to edit/combine properly, so i wondered where to go from here...

apparently, since this author is on goodreads, she's responsible for clearing up her own issues??

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 26639 comments joy to the world, the only way to combine a book when the author is a gr author and the names don't match is to change one. As our author uses F. and your 2nd listed book had Fowler I changed it to F. and combined.

message 3: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (last edited Mar 01, 2011 07:03PM) (new)

rivka | 45050 comments Mod
Actually, we do have a thread just for requests to merge GR authors. I or another GR staffer can do so.

message 4: by joy (new)

joy *the clean-reader extraordinaire* (joytotheworld) | 10 comments Sandra wrote: "joy to the world, the only way to combine a book when the author is a gr author and the names don't match is to change one. As our author uses F. and your 2nd listed book had Fowler I changed it to..."
that's what i tried, but it wouldn't take.

message 5: by joy (new)

joy *the clean-reader extraordinaire* (joytotheworld) | 10 comments rivka wrote: "Actually, we do have a thread just for requests to merge GR authors. I or another GR staffer can do so."
rivka dahling, where is that thread? i'll be more than happy to post this over there... over where?

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45050 comments Mod
GR Author Merge

(I already took care of Helen F. Neville.)

message 7: by joy (new)

joy *the clean-reader extraordinaire* (joytotheworld) | 10 comments good to know. thanks!