Cover to Cover Challenge discussion

2011 Archive > Rachel's 50 books for 2011

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (thedoctorscompanion) | 107 comments I joined a little late, but here goes! Some of these first ones I started last year, but whatever.

I Capture the Castle
Her Little Majesty: The Life of Queen Victoria
The Blue Enchantress
Keep Me in Your Heart: Three Novels

The last one book has three novels in it, so I am counting it as 3 books. So far I have read 6 novels this year! YAY!!!

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (thedoctorscompanion) | 107 comments I forgot to post what book I finished in April. I am lagging behind right now, but I think I can catch up in the summer.

A Young Woman's Call to Prayer: Talking with God About Your Life

I am just about finished another book, hopefully I will be able to post more than just 1 next month!

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (thedoctorscompanion) | 107 comments Been a while since I posted, I have been trying to finish school!

Here's what I have read since I last posted:

The Portrait of a Lady

Beauty and the Beast

I was happy to read Beauty and the Beast, since I grew up with the Disney version. I recommend it to all adults, since it really isn't just for kids.

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (thedoctorscompanion) | 107 comments I am loving my Kindle! I finished another book on it, as well as 2 books I started before I got it. Here's what I finished toward my goal:

A Bundle of Letters
Literature of England Volume 2
Adoniram Judson: Bound for Burma: Christian Heroes: Then & Now

message 5: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (thedoctorscompanion) | 107 comments I finished Forever Young. It was a sweet story, though really really really short.

I also read Text Order Bride a few weeks ago but forgot to put in in here. I didn't really care for this one.

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (thedoctorscompanion) | 107 comments A long car ride helped me out!

Here's what I've read since I last posted:

Draugr
Surrender the Heart

I've entered the readathon, so hopefully next week I might be posting something!

message 7: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (thedoctorscompanion) | 107 comments I'm going really slow, I probably won't make 50. I spent a lot of time on The Way We Live Now, but then gave up on it since it wasn't doing anything for me. Anyway, I read the The Hunger Games, which was AMAZING. I highly recommend it. It is a little depressing and dark, but if you don't mind that then go for it.

message 8: by Audrey (new)

Audrey Cook Kolbek (audreykol) Rachel wrote: "I'm going really slow, I probably won't make 50. I spent a lot of time on The Way We Live Now, but then gave up on it since it wasn't doing anything for me. Anyway, I read the [book:The Hunger Game..."

I LOVED the Hunger Game trilogy!

message 9: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (thedoctorscompanion) | 107 comments OH MY GOODNESS, YEAH!!!!!! It was AMAZING!!! I've only read the 1st book, I'm trying to wait to read the next 2 since I want to be able to concentrate on it. When I read the first one, I was reading other books at the same time, but this one consumed me. I just want to be able to focus on only them. I'm dying for the movie too!

message 10: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (thedoctorscompanion) | 107 comments Read a couple more. :)

A Heart Revealed: A Novel
Pumpkin Cookbook

I was dying to read a heart revealed all year, and it was awesome! I recommend any of that author's books to romance fans. I thought the Pumpkin cookbook was going to be lame, but it was such a surprise! I can't wait to try some new recipes!

message 11: by Rachel (last edited Dec 31, 2011 07:52AM) (new)

Rachel (thedoctorscompanion) | 107 comments Here are 3 books I finished without logging.
Dawn of Avalon
Spells
I also read 25 dips and spreads from Circle of Friends.

Dawn of Avalon I totally don't reccomend. This short novel was wasted on extremely detailed parts that had nothing to do with romance, and it is advertised as romance so I was disapointed with the LONG scenes of torture. Pointless!

Spells was good, it's a sequel to Wings, and it leaves a cliffhanger for the 3rd book, Illusions!

The cookbook was great! I totally recommend it. I've made 2 dips from it already!