For those who read... discussion

Discussions (Other Books) > Hunger Games

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Honey Hawthorne Discuss........

But please put SPOILER when you say one.........

message 2: by Asa, Epic sauce.[Don't ask.] (new)

Asa | 60 comments Mod
The Hunger Games is amazin! Favorite book by far.

Honey Hawthorne I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!

ANYONE WHO HASN"T READ HAS TO READ IT.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

message 4: by Katerina (new)

Katerina (klymene) Um, who hasn't read it?

message 5: by Asa, Epic sauce.[Don't ask.] (last edited Mar 08, 2011 01:37PM) (new)

Asa | 60 comments Mod
No one mildly fun...

Has anyone read The MazeRunner ?

Its kinda like the Hunger Games, although the writing itself isn't as good.

Honey Hawthorne I've been wanting to read it for some time now......I never got to it.

message 7: by Asa, Epic sauce.[Don't ask.] (new)

Asa | 60 comments Mod
I started it today. Its decent so far...

Honey Hawthorne Mmhuh

Is it a difficult read or pretty easy?

I started Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy yesterday, on page 71 and already halfway through the book lol.

message 9: by Asa, Epic sauce.[Don't ask.] (new)

Asa | 60 comments Mod
Its very easy. Like I said, I'm not too into the writing itself, but the storyline is decent.

Hah... I have yet to read that.

message 10: by Katerina (new)

Katerina (klymene) Quite honestly, I didn't like it at all. My sister did like it though. She was the one who bought it. It's ...Different. More scifi than Hunger Games

Honey Hawthorne HItchhikers? It is a nice story...sort of......but the writing is a little tedious like JRR Tolkien. I like action every second...not long descriptions in confusing space worlds.....

There is a movie. I just found that out today...

message 12: by Katerina (new)

Katerina (klymene) Eragon is tedious, just not really, really bad. I barely lived through Hobbit

Honey Hawthorne I KNOW!!! I asked my teacher if I could read the Hobbit and write a report for extra credit and I thought it would be a fun report. The only reason I kept reading was extra credit. The movies though....STROKE OF CINEMATIC GENIUS!!

you see? that is another line when you are talking to someone bout a good movie.

message 14: by Katerina (new)

Katerina (klymene) lol. Yeah. I have yet to watch the movies. I'm not sure I want to?

Honey Hawthorne OMG I WAS GONNA DIE READING THE BOOK BUT THE MOVIES ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD.

almost as good as the hunger games. ALMOST!!!

message 16: by Katerina (new)

Katerina (klymene) There's gonna be a movie on HG

Honey Hawthorne I KNOW!!! My dream cast give or take a few characters i couldn't find people for..

Katniss- Kaya Schdelario or something of the sort

Peeta- Alex Pettyfer

Gale- Drew Roy

Prim- Elle Fanning

Haymitch- Robert Doweny Jr.

Effie- Kristen Chenoweth

Flickerman- Johnny Depp

Foxface- Molly Quinn

Rue- Alana Locke

I judge by face not age so some may be way to old....idk

message 18: by Asa, Epic sauce.[Don't ask.] (new)

Asa | 60 comments Mod
I like your cast... I lke either Robert Downy or Hugh Laurie would be good for Haymitch. For me, Haymitch is a very big role.

message 19: by Katerina (new)

Katerina (klymene) Love your list. Like really!!!

message 20: by Asa, Epic sauce.[Don't ask.] (new)

Asa | 60 comments Mod
I like the girl you picked for Foxface. Exactly how I imagined her.

message 21: by Asa, Epic sauce.[Don't ask.] (new)

Asa | 60 comments Mod
I like your Rue. To me, this role is the most important in the whole movie.

Honey Hawthorne I really really really want a good one for Cinna though I still haven't found the perfect one yet.

I just want it to be a good movie...

message 23: by Katerina (new)

Katerina (klymene) Has anyone noticed that many of the book to movie movies normally have somewhat unknown people in them. Like Percy Jackson, I only knew the main character, from Hoot.

Honey Hawthorne Ya. I find it is better to have unknowns because if Kristen Stewart was Katniss (I heard some rumors) all everyone will think about would be Twilight......

If there is a new actor, it creates a better picture. Like you imagine Katniss somehow and Bella (twilight) somehow. If it were the same actor fans wouldn't be able to associate Stewart with Katniss.

........Hold on. I have something I wanna post on Collins blog....

Honey Hawthorne If she has one.....

I know rick riordin has one....

Honey Hawthorne Dang. Collins isn't a goodreads author....

You think I can send her a card in the mail with my dream cast? I really want to contact her.....

message 27: by Katerina (new)

Katerina (klymene) try it

message 28: by Asa, Epic sauce.[Don't ask.] (new)

Asa | 60 comments Mod
If you know her address, you could at least try. But remember, it isn't her decision. The casting is in the hands of Lions gate now.

Honey Hawthorne But she has a big influence...

message 30: by Asa, Epic sauce.[Don't ask.] (new)

Asa | 60 comments Mod
Over some things... Usually the author basically signs over their soul(The book) to the directors to do what they wish.

message 31: by Katerina (new)

Katerina (klymene) That whole mini 3 post conversation seemed like a real life talking conversation. The way Asa seemed to interupt Honey. Whoa! that was cool.

message 32: by Asa, Epic sauce.[Don't ask.] (new)

Asa | 60 comments Mod
Lol... Okay?

message 33: by AJ (last edited Mar 10, 2011 09:58AM) (new)

AJ | 61 comments Mod
Ω♂Asa Oblivious♂ Ω wrote: "I like your cast... I lke either Robert Downy or Hugh Laurie would be good for Haymitch. For me, Haymitch is a very big role."

Haha, Hugh Laurie would be perfect as Haymitch.

He portrays House so well with his cutting sarcasm and sharp intelligence, and yet also manages to give him such endearing qualities you have to feel sympathy for him.

There's a lot of similarity between House and Haymitch, both bitter and full of derision with a sort of hidden compassion within them.

message 34: by Asa, Epic sauce.[Don't ask.] (new)

Asa | 60 comments Mod
Yeah. I think Hugh would be amazing as Haymitch. Robert downy is alright, but he doesn't have the... Um... Idk, spunk? Just doesn't seem right for the role.

Honey Hawthorne I didn't know who Hugh Laurie was before, but now that I do I am starting to think he would be better for the role.

message 36: by Katerina (new)

Katerina (klymene) I loved the sarcasm that Robert Downey, Jr. has. It's pretty essential to Haymitch. But Hugh Laurie has it to, I mean, have you seen the Super Bowl House commercial?

Honey Hawthorne No I haven't.......

*you tubing it.....*

message 38: by Katerina (new)

Katerina (klymene) Did you see it!? isn't it amazing?! and halarious?! (I know I spelled that wrong)

Honey Hawthorne I don't really like it so much......The kid is a little stupid....

BTW I don't watch House so......If there was like an inside joke, i didn't get it.....

message 40: by Asa, Epic sauce.[Don't ask.] (new)

Asa | 60 comments Mod
Lol, the four mods are the only active members...

message 41: by Katerina (new)

Katerina (klymene) Honey Hawthorne wrote: "I don't really like it so much......The kid is a little stupid....

BTW I don't watch House so......If there was like an inside joke, i didn't get it....."

sorry, I refering to the Academy Awards, I forgot what I said before I posted. The Academy Awards where Robert Downey, Jr and the other guy from Sherlock Holmes introduce an award
But the house commercial was suppose to reference to a coke commercial awhile back, that's what my teacher said

Honey Hawthorne ok...

Asa, that's y we are all mods!

message 43: by Asa, Epic sauce.[Don't ask.] (new)

Asa | 60 comments Mod
Lol...

Honey Hawthorne haha

Honey Hawthorne .......I laugh a lot.....

message 46: by AJ (last edited Mar 15, 2011 03:13PM) (new)

AJ | 61 comments Mod
Klymene wrote: "Honey Hawthorne wrote: "I don't really like it so much......The kid is a little stupid....

BTW I don't watch House so......If there was like an inside joke, i didn't get it....."

sorry, I re..."

Yeah there was a Coke commercial originally, you have to have seen that one to get the House commercial.

Here's the House one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH3vCS...

Here's Mean Joe Green for Coke:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xffOCZ...

message 47: by Katerina (new)

Katerina (klymene) Oh! I've been wanting to see that coke commercial, but I was to lazy to look for it. Thanks!

Honey Hawthorne Kool