100 books in 2011 discussion

Looking for motivation

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Stevens | 5 comments I really want to read 100 books in 2011, but I'm finding really hard to finish reading one book. Anyone one have any ideas on how to make time to read and stay motivated? This is more of a medium for personal growth than for pleasure.

message 2: by Angelique (new)

Angelique Stuart (dylangi) | 12 comments Hey Ashley
firstly I'm also far behind but here are a few tips. 1. Read what you are interested in the most.
2. Don't bother with TV and Films rather read
AND MOST IMPORTANT
3. NEVER NEVER leave you current book at home/work, always have a book with you.

Traci   ~Vohrtex~ | 31 comments Angelique wrote: "Hey Ashley
firstly I'm also far behind but here are a few tips. 1. Read what you are interested in the most.
2. Don't bother with TV and Films rather read
AND MOST IMPORTANT
3. NEVER NEVER leav..."

I have also found that having books with me helps. If not just one but a few. Also, keeping the interesting looking ones on your currently reading list motivates me to actually start them. I try to keep that short, no more than 3 or 4 that way if Im just not feelin one I have choices.

message 4: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Stevens | 5 comments You know that is really good advice...I always leave my books at home..Or when I bring them to work I end up forgetting them here.

What are some really great page-turners you guys have read so far?

Traci   ~Vohrtex~ | 31 comments I just finished Covet, JR Ward... it wasnt a page turner til the second half... But I still couldnt walk away. The Black Dagger Brotherhood by her is also pretty exciting. The Hunger Games goes on my list of all time faves... (all 3 in that series) ... Getting ready to start the Stephanie Plum books by Janet Evanovich cuz I already read #16 and it was pretty good. I have to know the rest of the story with one character. LOL.

message 6: by Chris (new)

Chris Nicola wrote: "John Le Carre's The Constant Gardener is the most recent page-turner I've read."

I just added that to my 'to read' list. I want to read it and then see the movie.

message 7: by Chris (new)

Chris Nicola wrote: "I did it the other way round and enjoyed both."

Does it take place during the Spring because I need a book for #3 for the March challenge. :)

message 8: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Stevens | 5 comments You see,I like books like The Alchemist. That book changed the way I view life. I haven't found one like it yet!

message 9: by Maggie (new)

Maggie C. | 3 comments Ashley wrote: "I really want to read 100 books in 2011, but I'm finding really hard to finish reading one book. Anyone one have any ideas on how to make time to read and stay motivated? This is more of a medium f..."

I try to mix up the type of books. I love Dickens, but reading two at the same time is confusing! I try to pace big "important" tomes with something that has entertainment value and not much else... but being entertained has its place! Not every book has to be on the NYT bestseller's list and also a Pulitzer. Some reading is simply for fun.