Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

30 views
Monthly "Reads" > Susie's February

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 865 comments You finished so many books and among them 2 which I've read and enjoyed - The Sinner and Hold Tight. I've never read China Bayles - is it a series you'd recommend?


message 3: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3626 comments I've read 4 on your list and agree with your opinions. WORMWOOD is probably my least favorite of the China Bayles books, but still not bad. One of my favorite series!


message 4: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1639 comments Marcy wrote: "You finished so many books and among them 2 which I've read and enjoyed - The Sinner and Hold Tight. I've never read China Bayles - is it a series you'd recommend?"

Marcy, I can't believe you haven't read a China Bayles book! I'd say most of them are pretty good. She does have a few duds though. I started reading them in 2003, and I should be caught up after her newest comes out in April. You might want to try the first one - Thyme of Death - it was very good!


message 5: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1639 comments Melodie wrote: "I've read 4 on your list and agree with your opinions. WORMWOOD is probably my least favorite of the China Bayles books, but still not bad. One of my favorite series!"

Glad it wasn't just me that didn't care for Wormwood Melodie. I'm in the middle of Holly Blues and it is so much better ;)


message 6: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 865 comments Thanks, Susie - I will check out Thyme of Death.


message 7: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14620 comments Marcy - I will add my recommendation of the Susan Wittig Albert China Bayles series!


message 8: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 865 comments Ann wrote: "Marcy - I will add my recommendation of the Susan Wittig Albert China Bayles series!"
Okay, I'm sold. With the 3 of you recommending it, I'm eager to try China Bayles.


message 9: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1639 comments Marcy - we are always glad to help you add another series to your TBR pile ;)


message 10: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14620 comments Marcy: I will say I think I liked getting to know China in the middle section of the books best, and liked Witches' Bane (#2) more than Thyme of Death (#1)then really enjoyed the rest of the books starting with Mistletoe Man (#9)


message 11: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3626 comments Ann wrote: "Marcy: I will say I think I liked getting to know China in the middle section of the books best, and liked Witches' Bane (#2) more than Thyme of Death (#1)then really e..."

I agree. WITCHES' BANE was better than THYME OF DEATH. I never read the 1st book until a few months ago. I think the first one I read was CHILE DEATH.


back to top