Saqi Books discussion

General > Welcome!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by 45th Parallel Communications (last edited Mar 01, 2011 01:05PM) (new)

45th Parallel Communications (45thParallel) | 5 comments Mod
Welcome to Saqi Books' new group on Goodreads. Here we hope to connect with readers on the latest from Saqi, including news, book announcements, reviews, giveaways and more. We hope that this will serve as a useful communication tool to help our readers communicate easily with us and with our authors.

Saqi's titles are more relevant than ever as the world becomes more and more interconnected. For more information and to learn more about Saqi's books, visit http://www.saqibooks.com

message 2: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (barbarasc) | 3 comments Hi! I just joined this group. I won a First Reads copy of "Brothers in Arms." I have not started reading it yet -- I just need to finish some books that I'm currently reading, but I'm looking forward to getting started. I'm glad that this group is here -- it will be nice to share thoughts on "Brothers in Arms" once I do start reading it.

Hi Barbara- welcome! We're happy to hear that "Brothers in Arms" is on your reading list, and congratulations again on winning a copy through First Reads. We're looking forward to your thoughts on it. Thanks!

message 4: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (barbarasc) | 3 comments What crazy timing!! I just started reading "Brothers in Arms" last night, and this morning I saw the news on Osama Bin Laden!! Well, I'm sure we can have some very interesting discussions about this book now! It's interesting, because even though I am not very far into the book, I felt as though I had a bit more of an understanding about what may or may not happen next, now that Bin Laden is dead. (And the question is -- is he really dead???)

message 5: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 3 comments Hi, I was supposed to receive a copy of "Emerging Arab Voices: Nadwa 1: A Bilingual Reader" and it has not come yet.

Hi Hannah -

Thanks for writing about EMERGING ARAB VOICES. These books were late arriving from the printer; however, we popped one in the mail to you this week (arriving via priority mail), so it should appear in your mail box tomorrow or Friday.

All best,

the SAQI PR team

message 7: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 3 comments Thanks so much!

message 8: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 3 comments I received my book yesterday. Thank you so much! I can't wait to read it.

Great, thanks for letting us know, Hannah! We look forward to hearing your thoughts on this collection.