Beyond Reality discussion

General - Group Business > Welcome to March 2011!

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stefan, Group Founder + Moderator (Retired) (last edited Mar 01, 2011 09:48AM) (new)

Stefan (sraets) | 1667 comments Mod
Hi everyone,

Another month, another set of new Books of the Month at Beyond Reality! For March, you selected:

March Fantasy: The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
March SF: Dragon's Egg by Robert L. Forward

As always, I've set up a few starter topics, but please feel free to start more - and if anyone would like to volunteer to lead the discussion, please let me know.

We also have our schedule for the next few months:

April Fantasy: Black Sun Rising by C.S. Friedman
April SF: Lord of Light by Roger Zelazny

May Fantasy:The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss
May SF: When Gravity Fails by George Alec Effinger

(Please note that May's fantasy selection The Wise Man's Fear is the direct sequel to this month's Book of the Month. It's also brand new and bound to be very popular, so if you're a library reader, you may want to reserve your copy early!)

In other news, our ongoing discussion of the WARS OF LIGHT AND SHADOW series by Janny Wurts is still going strong. We're currently reading Traitor's Knot. All the discussion threads for previous books in the series are still open, and Janny is still monitoring them, so if you haven't joined us yet, it's not too late to pick up the first books in the series and discuss them with us and the author!

In our Short Story Discussion folder, we're starting a new project this month: we'll be reading the stories that are nominated for a Nebula Award this year. You can find the details here. Please take a look and join us to discover some great SFF short stories.

And that's it for now. Enjoy and... get reading!

Stefan & Candiss
Moderators

message 2: by Stefan, Group Founder + Moderator (Retired) (new)

Stefan (sraets) | 1667 comments Mod
A quick FYI - I asked Random to post some questions relevant to Dragon's Egg, but because of work pressure this may have to wait until next week. I haven't read the novel so I can't really lead the discussion. I will be able to do so for The Name of the Wind, which I've read twice.

In the future, if you nominate a book and then also would like to lead the discussion (which really just involves posting some relevant topics), let me or Candiss know, either via PM or by posting a message here.