Free Books, .99, Giveaways & Reviews - Check Them Out! discussion

Giveaway: Elizabeth Kostova's The Swan Thieves

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenny (last edited Mar 01, 2011 09:38AM) (new)

Jenny Orozco (litendeavors) | 8 comments Hi all. I'm giving away a trade paperback copy at my blog, Literary Endeavors. Contest ends on March 8th, 10 pm CST. No loops to jump through, just make a comment. You don't even have to be a follower.

http://litendeavors.blogspot.com

message 2: by Mare (new)

Mare (maref) | 4 comments What did you think of this book? I have The Historian in my TBR pile....hopefully soon.

message 3: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Orozco (litendeavors) | 8 comments I haven't read The Swan Thieves yet! I decided it's time to read it and then thought it would be nice to do a giveaway of the same book.

I absolutely loved the historian. A lot of people didn't, and I understand that. as well. But I loved it and have read it maybe 10 times since 2005.

message 4: by Mare (new)

Mare (maref) | 4 comments Oh, I like the sounds of this. Thanks.

message 5: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Orozco (litendeavors) | 8 comments Please feel free to enter. You don't have to have a blog and you don't have to be a follower. As long as you live in the us or canada.

message 6: by Hira (new)

Hira (enamoredsoul) | 17 comments I would love to enter this book just because I love Elizabeth Kostova's writing. I loved "The Historian" as well, Jenny - and because its a sluggish-paced, slowly-unfurling kind of a story, chock-full of details that keep you rooted to the story, is why some people get really frustrated by it. But for me, it was an amazing book. I also liked Swan Thieves, but I LOVE The Historian

I think I'm going to write a review on the Swan Thieves soon...but thank you VERY much for hosting this giveaway. But BECAUSE I have both novels, I think it would be unfair to enter and ruin someone else's chances...but i WILL keep an eye out for your blog from here on out! :D

message 7: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Orozco (litendeavors) | 8 comments Hira, Please do so. Do you have a blog?

message 8: by Hira (new)

Hira (enamoredsoul) | 17 comments No, not currently, Jenny - I used to, but my medical career (I'm a recent medical graduate, prepping for her licensing exams) has rendered me useless, lol, and now I basically spend my time supporting book bloggers, indie authors, the love of literature through a few chosen sites. And reading - Reading up a storm whenever I can! I have promised myself, I will get back on the wagon, come this summer - so wish me luck!

P.S...I am already a subscriber to your blog. Yay! :D