Gigi's Company discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Gigi's Company Archives > April 2011 Books of the Month Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Burket (kathleengigicompany) | 20125 comments Mod
Please post your nominees for April 2011 Books of the Month on this thread. Please limit your nominations to two books per member.

message 2: by Kathleen (last edited Apr 03, 2011 03:11PM) (new)

Kathleen Burket (kathleengigicompany) | 20125 comments Mod
I would like to nominate His Majesty's Dragon (Temeraire, #1) by Naomi Novik His Majesty's Dragon (Temeraire, Book 1) by Naomi Novik. This was the first book of my favorite new series in 2010. It is a historical fantasy set in era of the Napoleonic wars with both British and French forces using aerial corps of dragons in the hostilities. I would recommend it to both fans of urban fantasy (which it would be if set in modern times) and lovers of historical fiction. Please note I said fiction, not romance. The hero doesn't even have a passing relationship with a female until later books in the series. There are female characters. At least one species of dragon will only have female captains. Riveting, strong characterization, original storyline, definitely a keeper.

I am changing my second choice to Enclave (Razorland, #1) by Ann Aguirre Enclave (Razorland, Book 1) by Ann Aguirre. This dystopian young adult novel is set in a New York City where most of civilization lives in underground enclaves. Life expectancy rarely is in the 20's and teenagers serve as hunters. It is to be published April 12, 2011.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.