YA Book Club Not Just For Teens! discussion

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (new)

Michael Mcdaid | 23 comments Mod
Has anybody else read this book? I thought it was well written. I have seen the Disney version of Beauty and the Beast. And this book took some elements from the many tales and made it unique. Some really nice dialogue and well written scenes.

message 2: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Dickerson (melanie_dickerson) | 13 comments I liked some things about this book and other things I didn't. I thought the hero was decidedly "un"heroic. But it was interesting and I agree it was well written. I read another book by this author and basically thought the exact same thing!

message 3: by Samie (new)

Samie | 4 comments Generally speaking, I enjoyed the book, but I thought a few parts were unrealistic/corny. Although I agree with Michael that there was some nice dialogue and scenes. I read them over again several times(I always do that when I really like a scene).

message 4: by Ashlea (new)

Ashlea Daune (ashyydaune) | 32 comments Mod
Melanie wrote: "I liked some things about this book and other things I didn't. I thought the hero was decidedly "un"heroic. But it was interesting and I agree it was well written. I read another book by this autho..."

I agree with this, I always picture the beast to be a hero, and the main character in this one wasnt really one, though I suppose he was because he "saved" the girl from her father.
Everytime I read the book, i kept picturing beast from the disney version

whos going to see the movie?

message 5: by JennRenee (new)

JennRenee (jennreneeread) | 226 comments Mod
I really enjoyed the book. I do agree with the unheroic comment. It did seem kind of a let down. I really wanted to see more of the girl. I wanted her to be more heroic and save the beast in more ways than she did.

message 6: by Kayla (last edited Mar 07, 2011 01:09AM) (new)

Kayla (kaylawrites89) i quite enjoyed this book. i finished it in six hours, which says alot since i read REALLY slow. hehe, but i really liked Lindy. Kyle wasn't exceptional, but he was the main character. i kind of wanted to know about the other chatroom characters, silentmaid, grizzlyguy and froggie. (i wonder if she'll write their stories. hehe)

message 7: by papalbina (new)

papalbina i enjoyed the book a lot. beauty and the beast ist one of my favourite tales (and one of my favourite disney movies :D) and i loved to read the story from another point of view... i liked kyle/adrian's evolution, didn't like so much that this evolution almost outshone such a good character as lindy... but in the end... i think the book is phantastic.

i'm dying to see the movie but i don't think i will be able to do it soon, in switzerland there's no official release date yet >.<

message 8: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylawrites89) papalbina wrote: "i enjoyed the book a lot. beauty and the beast ist one of my favourite tales (and one of my favourite disney movies :D) and i loved to read the story from another point of view... i liked kyle/adri..."

well, i will be watching it online. there are millions of movies online that you can watch. if you want any websites, feel free to ask. The quality might be a bit on the crappy side, but hey, you get to watch it before anyone else. ;) (i'm naughty, i know, but it's better then paying tons of money to see it in theaters.)