Q&A with Courtney Conant discussion

Who is your favorite author and why?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Conant (courtneyconant) | 10 comments Mod
I'll start...

I have 2 favorites. Stephen King and Jacqueline Carey are my absolute favorites.

I started reading King when I was 7 and have been addicted ever since. The Stand was the first novel that I ever read and find myself going back to it periodically, just to remind me why I started reading in the first place.

I was drawn to Carey, after seeing the cover for Kushiel's Chosen in my local bookstore. It was so beautiful and I couldn't pass it up. Her writing style is exemplary. She keeps you on the edge of your seat and always turning the pages.

message 2: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Audet (danielaudet) | 5 comments My favorite author is Alex Berenson, (choice B would be David Baldacci). In an age where we are seeing less and less of the heavy hitter writers making it to the upper echelons of the publishing world, in an old school sense, Alex has succeeded in just the last 2 years or so in carving out a spot in the top 10 of thriller fiction authors because of his classy yet still gritty advanced writing ability. I enjoy his writing, and several other authors in this genre, but Alex is my favorite.

message 3: by Mary (new)

Mary Beeson (xchylerconn) | 2 comments I would have to say J K Rowling is my favorite. She got me hooked on magic!
I should add Courtney Conant to this list with her stellar book The Blood Moon of Winter as well

message 4: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Audet (danielaudet) | 5 comments Mary wrote: "I would have to say J K Rowling is my favorite. She got me hooked on magic!
I should add Courtney Conant to this list with her stellar book The Blood Moon of Winter as well"

I have recently "met" or at least started following Courtney on Twitter and her name is one I am seeing cross my radar more and more, so, I'm sure I will be reading her book soon too. Thanks for the tip.

message 5: by Mary (new)

Mary Beeson (xchylerconn) | 2 comments Oh she is a great person, and a magnificent author! I reviewed her book on my blog http://www.mysticthoughts-xc.blogspot...
There are a bunch of links there to find her in more place I think you will be suprised just how many places you can find her

message 6: by Lynnette (new)

Lynnette Phillips (lynnettephillips) | 2 comments My favorite author seems to change with each book I read! It's so hard to choose Janet Evanovich can't write Stephanie Plum novels fast enough for me, JK Rowling is in a class alone, James Sheehan & Lisa Scottlini write awesome legal thrillers, I'e read some astounding Indie authors of late...see what I mean?

message 7: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Conant (courtneyconant) | 10 comments Mod
Lynnette wrote: "My favorite author seems to change with each book I read! It's so hard to choose Janet Evanovich can't write Stephanie Plum novels fast enough for me, JK Rowling is in a class alone, James Sheehan ..."

I do know what you mean but I do always have my 2 tops that I keep close to my heart... Carey and King are not only amazing authors, but they also gave me a lot of inspiration to build my own writing from. This is why they stay at the top of my list.