Fantasy Book Club Series discussion

Magician: Master (The Riftwar Saga, #2)
This topic is about Magician
Riftwar Saga > Magician Master: Side Discussion: Midkemia or Kelewan? (**MARKED SPOILERS**)

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Dawn (breakofdawn) In Magician: Apprentice and Magician: Master, we learn quite a bit about the cultures and history of both Midkemia and Kelewan. So the question of the day... If you had to choose one of the worlds to live in, which would it be and why? What do you like about the world you chose, and likewise, what is it about the other world that turns you off?

In an effort to keep this thread readable for everyone, no matter how far they are in the book, please mark all spoilers.

message 2: by Jim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jim (jimmaclachlan) Definitely Midkemia! The regimented society of Kelewan would drive me nuts & get me killed immediately. If it didn't, I'd be bored to tears.

Dawn (breakofdawn) I think I'd personally go with Kelewan. Something about that imperial society just appeals to me.

Chris  (haughtc) | 111 comments Dawn wrote: "I think I'd personally go with Kelewan. Something about that imperial society just appeals to me."

You just want us to call you Great One.

Dawn (breakofdawn) (view spoiler)

Chris  (haughtc) | 111 comments Dawn: (view spoiler)

Bill (kernos) | 59 comments Definitely Midkemia! It is much more like Western civilization that I am used to. I think I would have a lot of trouble living in a far-East like culture.

Sandra  (sleo) | 1059 comments Jim wrote: "Definitely Midkemia! The regimented society of Kelewan would drive me nuts & get me killed immediately. If it didn't, I'd be bored to tears."

LOL, why do I not find that hard to believe? But I agree. So far, I'm a Midkemia girl.

message 9: by Jon (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jon (jonmoss) | 706 comments I'm torn and undecided. I want to learn more about Kelewan, but not sure I'd want to live there. Midkemia is shaping up to be almost as guilty of suicidal political intrigue as Kelewan, so not sure I'd want to live their either.

Can I just hangout in the rift for awhile? :)