Book Bloggers Anonymous discussion

(2011) March Book Discussion > The LOTU Universe

Comments (showing 1-13 of 13) (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stella (last edited Mar 01, 2011 04:18AM) (new)

Stella (Stella_ExLibris) | 93 comments Mod
***This topic is only for discussion of the Lords of the Underworld universe. Please feel free to discuss the setting, the mythology and any other topics you would like to discuss which do not fit into any other topic. Please be aware that there may be spoilers here! PLEASE if you're discussing events taking place in later books write SPOILER before so those who don't want can avoid them. Thank you!***

message 2: by Linda (new)

Linda Young (qladyhawke) | 2 comments I have not yet had the pleasure of reading these books yet. However, after reading a little about them today, I can't wait to start. They sound great!

message 3: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie  G (ParanormalHaven) | 80 comments Mod
I love the greek mythology involved in this series. In the later books Cronus cracks me up! Umm that wasn't a spoiler was it?

Stephanie G

message 4: by Jo-Anne (new)

Jo-Anne (strange_candy) | 14 comments Mod
This is one of my favourite series. I love how she blends the mythology into her stories. It's an amazing take on the Pandora mythology.
I'm so excited Amun's story will be out at the end of the month.

message 5: by Stella (new)

Stella (Stella_ExLibris) | 93 comments Mod
I agree! It is always fun to see tidbits of ancient (usually Greek) mythology in modern paranormal novels, and like valkyries in Kresley Cole's series :-)

And what an original spin on Pandora's legend and how each vice is now controlled/controlling a warrior. In a way they are contained and humanity is proptected through the warriors' struggle and sacrifice.

Lori {Romancing the Dark Side} (romancingthedarkside) I just finished The Darkest Night and loved it! I'm a sucker for a tortured hero and this series if full of them! I love the concept of Pandora's box and demons. I can't wait to get to the rest!

message 7: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (Midna) | 17 comments Love the story, love the characters, love everything. When my daughter begins to speak about pain, hope and everything else, i hear myself when I say: "Pain is a demon, Gina... always remember." LOL .

message 8: by Laura Ferrari (new)

Laura Ferrari | 6 comments I love how Gena changed the myth and made the males responsible for the opening of the vase/box

message 9: by Holly (new)

Holly Wright | 1 comments I've read 2 of these books and I think they are the best I've read in this genre. The characters are deep and the stories r wonderful.

message 10: by Alice (new)

Alice | 1 comments I haven't read these books yet but I am wanting to! I've heard so many great reviews of them.

message 11: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (Midna) | 17 comments Alice wrote: "I haven't read these books yet but I am wanting to! I've heard so many great reviews of them."

Yep - the great reviews were correct :) I love the books and can't wait for the next one.

Kat (A Journey In Reading) (AJourneyInReading) | 12 comments I finished the 2nd in the series yesterday. Loved Anya... shes hilarious!

message 13: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (Midna) | 17 comments Okay, finished "The darkest Passion" today... and that changed my mind. It's now my favorite book... But my favorite lords are still Maddox and Reyes - then Gideon and Strider :D Favorite Heroine: Olivia!

unread topics | mark unread