Book Bloggers Anonymous discussion

(2011) March Book Discussion > The Darkest Night (Chapters 1-5)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stella (new)

Stella (stella_exlibris) | 93 comments Mod
***This topic is only for discussion of chapters 1-5. No spoilers for events further in the book please, and if you've not completed all five chapters, there will be spoilers here!***

TheGeekyBlogger Ok ya'll I listened to this on audiobook so I have no idea really what the end of chapter 5 was :)

So in an effort not to be spoilerish I will say this---I thought this was one of the stronger starts to a series (even in the first few chapters) that I have seen in a very long time :)

Lori {Romancing the Dark Side} (romancingthedarkside) The first sentence had my attention! Maddox is one of the most tortured heroes I've read...you can't help but fall for him!

message 4: by Stella (new)

Ooh I just LOVED the first paragraph and how it started off the novel with such a powerful bang! Will ahve to look it up, I definitely wanted to include it ;-)

(and Felicia, I'll see where chapter 5 ended, btw, who was the narrator: a smoky dark chocolate voiced man? hm.. that sure would make for a yummily narrated story ;-p)

message 5: by Stella (new)

Ok here is that paragraph I wanted to share:

"Every night death came, slowly, painfully, and every morning Maddox awoke in bed, knowing he'd have to die again. That was his greatest curse and his eternal punishment."

Wow, talk about a strong, powerful beginning!

message 6: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie  G (paranormalhaven) | 80 comments Mod
yes i loved Maddox i feel for all of the lords they are just soo sexy :)

Athenna