The Super Awesome Club discussion

Three Years Past

Comments Showing 1-50 of 204 (204 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Halley, The Giggly One (last edited Feb 28, 2011 11:24PM) (new)

Halley (jacketgirl) | 1164 comments Mod
I know it's been a long time. (Well, about a year.) And this group is no longer what it used to be. But I wanted to post this because today I got on here to update and I was messing around with my profile and I noticed that I have just entered my 4th year on goodreads. It made me think of when I was the immature little 7th grader who joined this group. I was attracted by the picture we originally had. Do you remember it? The green shoes. And I remember Cartoonist and Bookworm standing out in their crazy discussions. I remember how I was when I first started. Who I was at that time. 
Then I look at myself. Now a Sophomore in High School with a completely different set of friends then when I started. I'm truth a completely different person. I'm not even sure if I belong here anymore. My nickname is the giggly one. I don't giggle anymore in fact I'm the opposite. Few things make me laugh now. I've done things that as that 7th grader I never imagined doing. I changed, grew, and in a sense corrupted who I used to be. I miss who I was sometimes but then I get a hug from my best friend, a joke from another friend, a moment with the sweetest boy to ever enter my life, and I'm glad I changed.  
Though most the people I would love to hear from are long gone from this group I wanted to explain what happened to us. I'm assuming each one of us grew up and went on to become great people. But I'm happy about that time I spent here. 
Thank You,
Halley
Edit: I didn't realize how long this was. Guess I rambled a bit.

message 2: by Katherine, The Math Nerd (new)

Katherine | 1391 comments Mod
Halley, I miss you so very much. I think about you and the others at least once a week.
I remember the moment I met Cartoonist. I had just joined a group that his friend Gabby had started. The group was pretty dead and I was trying to liven it up. Then I received an email from Cartoonist, asking if I would join the Super Awesome Club. I joined and the rest is history.
Isn't it strange to think back on the times we spent talking together, how different we are now? I feel quite melancholy imagining those days. I miss all the crazy, hilarious discussions we had together. I wish I could go back in time and experience everything again, but I can't. We can't. We can only move forward with our lives.
I want to keep in touch, though. I want to know how you're doing, what's going on in your life, if there's anything I can do. Because you all hold a very special place in my heart that will never be removed. (:

message 3: by Halley, The Giggly One (new)

I do miss all the silly things we use to talk about. You and Cartoonist and the wet towels; I miss him a lot. He was so funny. It makes me laugh that all the things we used to say. I miss being happy and giggly about what we used to say. My iPod got stolen today so I haven't been in the greatest mood.
But I would love to hear about your life now, Your sweet just to keep talking to me. It's nice to know that the silly people I knew made something of themselves. it's good to know I still matter to you.

message 4: by Katherine, The Math Nerd (new)

haha Yeah, we were kinda crazy. (: I'm friends with Cartoonist on Facebook. We don't really talk that much, though. I tried to keep in touch with him, but things are different. He's growing up and is walking a different path. I still creep on him, though... (;
Aw, I'm so sorry! I don't know what I would do if I lost my iPod...

I'm glad you're still talking to me! It means my weird personality didn't scare you off. (;
You'll always matter to me, Halley. (:

message 5: by Katherine, The Math Nerd (new)

So, tell me what's new? What has happened in the past year or so?

I found out that I have food allergies... TO CORN, RICE, TOMATOES, ORANGES, PEANUTS, AND COTTONSEED!!!! I... can only eat bread and water. haha Not really, but sometimes it feels that way. :p
Did you know that a person can develop allergies at anytime in their life?! Kinda scary...

message 6: by Leonie, The European One (new)

Leonie | 516 comments Mod
Hey guys!! Ohmygod it has been so long since I've last been to this group!! I don't know, if you still remember me, but I am "the German one" ;)
I also changed a lot during the last few years, but I think it's always great to see sth you did when you were younger, because it always reminds you of sth you've experienced (like the Super Awesome Club :))
Well.. it's good to hear from you after such a long time! :)

message 7: by Katherine, The Math Nerd (new)

Um, of course I still remember you!! :D
I really hope you're doing well, Leonie!

message 8: by Halley, The Giggly One (new)

@Leonie- OMG! It's great to hear from you! I totally remember you! ;]
@Bookworm- Ohmigoodness, what do you eat?! I would die! I have this friend who is allergic to wheat, i still don't know how she lives.

Hmm...what happened to my life...I'm going to High school and we have the best mascot ever to exist. My friend group flopped around a bit and I found out who really matters to me. You know I'll just make a fact sheet...
Name: Halley (It hasn't changed! XD)
Favorite color: Green!(But I also like red and black and etc...)
Favorite Book: Poison Study
Favorite Subject: Science! (Such a nerd...)
Favorite Person: (Oh this is a hard one.) I'll say anyone who cares about me. =]
Favorite activity: Snowboarding! (If you haven't tried it you have not lived!)
Favorite Thing(s): My iPod (Until i lost it),= My jackets and, My Baby (it's a computer, yet again I am a nerd).
Favorite line I've ever said: "I do not...I do not eat flowers!"
Something happening to me right now: My friend Bryce is bugging me about the location of our group because I told him how funny it used to be...

message 9: by Leonie, The European One (new)

I'm glad you're still remembering me :)
yesterday I read the roleplay we'd once written.. it's soo funny! :D but unfortunately it doesn't have an end..
I'll also make a fact sheet (great idea halley! :))
Name: Leonie (hasn't changed either ;))
Favorite color: Yellow! (and red and blue and green .. soo no specific one ;))
Favorite book: the host
favourite subject: english
favorite person: my whole family and friends
favorite activity: Playing hockey or flute ;)
favorite thing(s): (I've never thought about that..;)) but I think my cellphone ;)
Favorite line I've ever said: (I can't remember one I'm sorry!) :(
Sth happening to me right now: I will finish school in May so I'm really busy learning all the stuff right now :(

message 10: by Katherine, The Math Nerd (new)

@Halley - It is insane how many foods have corn in them!! POWDERED SUGAR HAS CORN IN IT!!! That means no icing on cookies or cakes... I cried when I read the label.
Hmm... I can eat fruits, meats (as long as they do not have corn syrup for preservatives), CHOCOLATE, and different breads. It is very difficult.
Yeah, that would be hard to not be able to eat wheat.

It's good to know your name hasn't changed. (;
Uh, I would kill myself if I tried to snowboard.
hahahaha I think Bryce might freak out if he saw how insanely awesome we are. Some people can just not handle our super awesomeness. (;

message 11: by Katherine, The Math Nerd (new)

@Leonie

The Host by Stephenie Meyer? That is a really cool book!
You play the flute?! I didn't know that! :D
When you say 'finish school' do you mean FOREVER or just for the year?

message 12: by Katherine, The Math Nerd (new)

Okay, it's my turn!!

Name: Katherine (hasn't changed!! :D)
Favorite Color: Lavender and Green
Favorite Book: The Truth about Forever (It is amazing)
Favorite Subject: Hmm... Biology. Is it sad that I am fascinated by protozoans?
Favorite Person: Friends and family. (:
Favorite Activity: Listening to music, playing the cello and piano, being with friends, and looking at protozoans... Okay, maybe not the last one. (;
Favorite thing(s): My piano, my cello (Her name is Phillipa Starker!!), my iPod, and my pantyhose... I love those things. (:
Favorite line I've ever said: Hmm... I cannot think of one! However, my brother once said that I "lived in a nerd cave"... I wasn't quite sure how to take that! :D
Something Happening to me right now: I'm on spring break right now! My friends and I are going to see a movie tomorrow! :D

message 13: by Leonie, The European One (new)

@ bookworm:
Yes! I'm loving this book!! ;) do you know if there is a second book too?
yes I do :D and you play the cello? that's cool!! are you in an orchestra?
It's my last year at school, so in may I will leave school forever :( (not that I'm sad about it, but I think I will miss seeing all my friends every day..)

in which grade are you?

message 14: by Halley, The Giggly One (last edited Mar 16, 2011 08:10AM) (new)

@Bookworm-Powered Sugar?! I would die. I'm so glad I'm not allergic to anything. And no, it's not weird to be fascinated by protozoans. I am too, or anything science-y really. I'm taking like 3 science classes next year. XD I love the line about the nerd cave. And you wouldn't die snowboarding, its really fun when you get used to crashing and stuff. And Bryce probably would die, cause he's not used to the super awesomeness.
@Leonie-I wish I was going to be completely done in school. But then I would have to go to college, and I'm not quite ready for that.

message 15: by Leonie, The European One (new)

@Halley: You're right, I also think that I'm not ready to be really done with school and go to college.. but we'll see.. maybe it's getting better than I think ;)

message 16: by Katherine, The Math Nerd (new)

@Leonie
There are supposed to be two more books, but I don't know when they'll be out. ):
Yes!! I just started playing! :D No, I'm not but I really want to join.
Aw, that's really sad!!!! Will you be going to college?

I am in the 10th grade. (:

message 17: by Katherine, The Math Nerd (new)

@Halley
Really?! I'm thinking about being a cardiologist, so I'm going to be taking a lot of science classes. I'm looking forward to Physics... (:
Yeah, no one has ever seen awesomeness like us. (;

message 18: by Halley, The Giggly One (new)

@Leonie- It sounds so scary to me.
@Bookworm- Yeah I'm big science and debate team nerd....

message 19: by Leonie, The European One (new)

I plan to go to college, but I'm not sure yet..
Yes! It also sounds scary to me ;)

YEII! Two more books! I will be the first one, who buys them! ;)

message 20: by Katherine, The Math Nerd (new)

@Halley - You like debate? I don't... (:
@Leonie - Will you go to a college in Germany, or some other country?

message 21: by Halley, The Giggly One (new)

@Bookworm-I love it. Anything I can debate I will. Might have made my English teacher hate me a few times.

message 22: by Katherine, The Math Nerd (new)

hahahaha I can sorta imagine you arguing with your English teacher... :D

message 23: by Halley, The Giggly One (new)

My English teacher is a strange guy...His favorite author is John Steinbeck. If you have read anything by him you know what I mean.

message 24: by Katherine, The Math Nerd (new)

Oh, wow... My sister read The Grapes of Wrath last year... Yeah, I know what you mean. :p

Have you ever had Oreo Truffles?!?!

message 25: by Leonie, The European One (new)

I don't know to which college I should go yet.. but I also think about maybe going to the USA after school for studying.. I'm not sure.. because I don't know how you can apply to university there..

I don't know oreo truffles ;) what's this? ;)

message 26: by Halley, The Giggly One (new)

Oreo truffles!? That sounds amazing....
I think it would be great to go to school in another country...

message 27: by Katherine, The Math Nerd (new)

Don't worry Leonie; I'm sure you'll figure it out. The USA would be an awesome place to study! You could visit me! ;D

Oreo truffles are amazing.
Here is the recipe/pictures: http://www.goodeatsblog.com/2007/12/o...

My friend Zeke and his sister call them Heaven Balls. (:

message 28: by Halley, The Giggly One (new)

ohmigoodness...they look...magical. *sparkle effect*

message 29: by Bryce (new)

Bryce | 47 comments Hello, Everyone. As my name has been introduced, I will spell out the rest. (good idea Halley, really)

Name: Bryce
Favorite Color: Orange (Blue and Yellow close second)
Favorite book: Lord of the Rings or Sherlock Holmes
Favorite Subject: German and maybe Choir
Favorite Person: Friends/Family (same as Bookworm)
Favorite Activity: I guess I love Board Games
Favorite Things: Books I write,relationships with people, and Tennis
Favorite Line: He shoots, he scores! (ask if you want to hear why and the curcimstance.)
Something Now: Tennis Games 2 a week for 2 months.

There I am. Happy to be here.

message 30: by Katherine, The Math Nerd (new)

@Halley - Yeah, they are kind of amazing... :D

Hey Bryce!! It is very nice to meet you!
You take German?! That's kind of awesome...

message 31: by Halley, The Giggly One (new)

@Bookworm-They sound amazing...
@Bryce-You added Sherlock Homes to your list?

message 32: by Bryce (new)

Bryce | 47 comments @Bookworm- I love German, though I am just a first year student.
@Halley- What of it? I love them! Genius

message 33: by Leonie, The European One (new)

greaat, you're all loving german! that's awesome :))

@bookworm: Yes, I also think that would be an awesome place! but it's really far away from where I live ;)

message 34: by Katherine, The Math Nerd (new)

Uh, yeah. The three languages I want to learn are German, Japanese, and Portuguese. I'm working on the Portuguese right now. (: Do you have a hard time speaking English, Leonie?

Yeah, it is kinda far away isn't it... (;

message 35: by Bryce (new)

Bryce | 47 comments I can speak some little things in Japanese and yes German sounds tough, but you learn that it is not too bad. I love that class... except the people who won't stop talking. I could say that Halley and Leonie are Kawai. That is Japanese for you Bookworm.

message 36: by Halley, The Giggly One (new)

@Bryce- One of these days I will look that up...
I just speak English and ASL. Can't really use that online...

message 37: by Katherine, The Math Nerd (new)

Eh, I don't think German sounds too hard. I think Japanese would be hard, though. I have a friend who lived there for three months, and a cousin who studied abroad there.
Did you just say they were cute, Bryce-san? (;

message 38: by Bryce (new)

Bryce | 47 comments Yes I did. :D Did you have to use a translator?
Do not mix it up with, Kowai, or scary.

message 39: by Katherine, The Math Nerd (new)

Yep, I certainly did. (: I know some Japanese, but not too much.
So Kowai means scary?

message 40: by Leonie, The European One (new)

@bookworm: no as long as you aren't talking about veery special topics I understand the words.. and if not I can look them up..

But I don't really know if I make a lot of mistakes when I speak english..so if there's a biig mistake, you are also allowed to correct me;)

What's kowai?

message 41: by Halley, The Giggly One (new)

@Bryce-I am most definitely not scary, right CB?
@Leonie-Your English is pretty good. Not that mine is perfect. I'm really bad at grammar.
@Bookworm-I have an easier time with Japanese pronunciations than German.

message 42: by Bryce (new)

Bryce | 47 comments Kowai means Scary in Japanese.
Kawai means Cute.
Do you understand these, Leonie, reading a different language a different language?
@Halley- I will find out what that means!

message 43: by Halley, The Giggly One (new)

@Bryce- If you dare. ;) Only time...or Destiny will tell. XD

message 44: by Katherine, The Math Nerd (new)

@Leonie: You make tiny mistakes ever so often, but nothing too big. (: I think you are great at speaking English. (:

message 45: by Bryce (new)

Bryce | 47 comments Sorry, just noticed this. I left out Bookworm in my Japanese comment!
I am sorry, all three of you are Kawai. My dad's mission was to Japan so he tells us random Japanese words.
He calls me and my brothers Kusai.
Learn that one, Bookworm :D (or look it up)

message 46: by Katherine, The Math Nerd (new)

haha No worries! I'm not upset! (:
Your dad's mission?

Wow, he calls you stinky? That's kinda weird... (;

message 47: by Bryce (new)

Bryce | 47 comments LDS Missionary. He was there thirty years ago.
We had Japanese friends of his over during the summer, 2010.
The tsunami is horrible. A few days ago there was a 7.0 aftershock.
That is a huge earthquake, not an 'aftershock.'
All the people we know are all right though, thank goodness.

Stinky: Yes, he is nuts. :D

message 48: by Halley, The Giggly One (new)

A 7.0 aftershock?! wow...

message 49: by Katherine, The Math Nerd (new)

My heart really goes out to the people in Japan. I'm glad your friends are alright. (:

A lot of my neighbors are from China and have jokingly offered to teach me Chinese, but I'm holding out for Japanese. (: Besides, my neighbors are too busy working at the Lab to teach me!

message 50: by Bryce (new)

Bryce | 47 comments Yes, another 7.0 after shock again. My dad says Haiti was a 7.0.

Those Chinese neighbors sound great. Here at Halley, and my, school they teach Chinese. That is also where I am learning German and they used to teach French.

« previous 1 3 4 5