The Bronze Horseman discussion

Fan Fiction

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Caro (new)

Caro | 3 comments Hi,
Absolutely loved The Bronze Horseman Trilogy, simply can not get enough of Alexander and Tatiana. Does anyone know of any fan fiction based upon these stories.

message 2: by Leea (new)

Leea | 317 comments Cara, i don't even know what "fan fiction" is... good luck and you found the right group if you love A & T :)

message 3: by Caro (new)

Caro | 3 comments Hi Leea,
Fan fiction is where other people write stories/ extend
Scenes etc based on characters for a book. I love the story surrounding
Tatiana and Alexander and was hoping to find some fan fiction to help
Keep the story alive. :)

message 4: by Leea (new)

Leea | 317 comments Well i'm a dork!! Thanks for explaining it Caro. Hope you find some.

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 183 comments Is fan fiction by the same author or a different one? There's always Tatiana's Table (by Paullina) which is a recipe book but also includes stories about tatiana etc.

message 6: by Caro (new)

Caro | 3 comments Fan fiction can be written by anyone, generally not the
Author.
I'm reading tatiana's table at the moment :)
Having to read slowly and only a little at a time to
make it last longer.

message 7: by Alycia (new)

Alycia | 549 comments Mod
I havent heard of any fanfic, but I wonder if it's does exist somewhere.

I knew there was a message board on Paullina's website, I was going to check there but it not available right now. I don't know if it's temporary or permanent.

message 8: by Evelina (new)

Evelina (evelando) I used to write on the Paullina's website mb, but since the website was redesigned the mb has been down. But I can confirm you there was never any fanfiction posted about T&A!

message 9: by Nikki (last edited Jul 17, 2012 09:06AM) (new)

Nikki (nikkchikk) | 12 comments If I was more creative, I would write a light and funny fanfic about Tatiana and Alexander's adventures in Vegas. Maybe someone will see this post and be inspired? Please? :)

message 10: by Leea (new)

Leea | 317 comments Hahaha! I'm a purist so i'm hoping they don't start writing Fanfic of this series.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm with you Leea!

message 12: by Megan (last edited Jul 18, 2012 01:43AM) (new)

Megan | 410 comments I don't know - I think the love story is magnificent, but the writing left s bit to be desired (I found Paullina Simons was far too repetitive, and spent a long time on certain themes and not enough on others. Ie that whole conspiracy theory about Alexander's mother in The Summer Garden seemed to drag and then never really even got resolved, it's like she got side tracked and went onto the whole marital struggle storyline?!). I'd LOVE to read an alternate ending where Tatiana didn't find Alexander (I vaguely remember whispers about there being an alternate ending?!) or maybe focus on one of their children/grandchildren as I found the end of the summer garden a hot mess; the boys (excluding Anthony) and the daugher were a vague mystery to me. Way too many character introductions in too short a period of time to form any attachment. One minute they were struggling to conceive their 2nd, and the next they had 4 adults and a gazillion grandchildren to get your head around. I'd welcome fan fiction going off on some of these tangents, or even more about Pasha's story, as I'm more invested in the characters than the author...

message 13: by Leea (new)

Leea | 317 comments Megan, you might want to spoiler tag some of that. Talk about sine major plot spoilers.

message 14: by Brunhilde (new)

Brunhilde | 26 comments Megan wrote: "I don't know - I think the love story is magnificent, but the writing left s bit to be desired (I found Paullina Simons was far too repetitive, and spent a long time on certain themes and not enoug..."

where can I find an alternate ending?

message 15: by Nikki (new)

Nikki (nikkchikk) | 12 comments Megan you're right! On PS' website there is an interview about the original TBH ending. Tatiana married Edward, but ended up looking for and finding Alexander 50 years later. Bah! Never!! I'm glad she wrote it the way we all know and love.

Leea I understand, but wouldn't it be fun to read about the two of them in Sin City?!?!

message 16: by Nikki (new)

Nikki (nikkchikk) | 12 comments I loved the ending of SG. I cried!! It couldn't be more perfect.