Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Group Discussions > Goodreads Book Advertisements

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments So I'm curious, may I have a show of hands, er, posts? How many of you have picked up and read a book because you saw it advertised on Goodreads? If you have which book(s) were they and did you like them?

I ended up finding Nightshade through the ads. Let me know if you've done the same.

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) | 724 comments I've trained myself to ignore ads on websites. I guess I better start looking at the ones on here! lol

message 3: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina Waddle (breewaddle) I have found quite a few of the books I've read from the ads here on good reads or from the giveaway books.. I found Nightshade which I really enjoyed. Also got Whisper of a Witch which was a little hard to get into but once you get through the first couple of chapters it picks up and gets interesting. There are still a lot more that I found this way but way to early in the morning for me to think of what they are....lol

message 4: by Sans (new)

Sans Read? Zero. Added to my TBR? Over a dozen.

message 5: by Galla (new)

Galla | 110 comments The only ads I've seen on Goodreads have been the recent Jane Eyre promotions. I guess my adblocker add-ons are working? Heh.

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) | 724 comments Ok, I've been looking at the ads, but so far none have interested me.

message 7: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Most of them don't interest me as well, but every so often one pops up that catches my fancy and I click on it. GR was promoting Bloodroot by Amy Greene by Amy Greene pretty heavily back in January and they even did a Q&A with her. I've got it on hold a the library. I'm curious if I'll like it.

message 8: by Kellyflower (new)

Kellyflower | 248 comments Sans wrote: "Read? Zero. Added to my TBR? Over a dozen."

Same here

Lisa - I read Bloodroot. I thought it was interesting, I liked it a lot more then Winter's Bone.

message 9: by Lisarenee (last edited Mar 02, 2011 07:50AM) (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments I just look at the list GR has now and I have read one. Awakened by a Kiss by Lila DiPasqua. I actually didn't read it because of the advertisement, but because as I was looking through my list of friends I realized Lila was on my friend list. I also noticed that she was an author and so I checked out her book. I really liked it, but it's got a touch of erotica to it so not everyone would love it. I'll be looking to read more of her books.
Awakened by a Kiss  by Lila DiPasqua

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) | 724 comments Lisarenee wrote: "I just look at the list GR has now and I have read one. Awakened by a Kiss by Lila DiPasqua. I actually didn't read it because of the advertisement, but because as I..."

I have hers on my TBR list, but can't find it at the library or Booksfree yet.

message 11: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments They had it at my library. It's so strange how what is readily available at one library another doesn't.

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) | 724 comments I tried searching her name again, only I made sure to capitalize the 'D' and the 'P'. Sometimes the Greensboro Library search function really bites the big one. They have it and it was checked in as well as The Princess in His Bed  by Lila DiPasqua . That means I'll them both to pick up on my usual Monday library trip. :)

message 13: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Kellyflower, Somehow I missed your post. I did not like Winter's Bones either. Were the two books similar?

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) | 724 comments I just put To Kill A Vampire by Julianna Sage on my TBR list after seeing a blurb to the right. :)

message 15: by Liz (new)

Liz Fichera (lizfichera) I've added quite a few to my TBR.

message 16: by Kellyflower (new)

Kellyflower | 248 comments Lisarenee wrote: "Kellyflower, Somehow I missed your post. I did not like Winter's Bones either. Were the two books similar?"

They both are about Mountain people, but I liked how Bloodroot had it's story unfold. In my review I said "This story is sorta like a puzzle, it's given to you one piece at a time and by the end you have the whole story/puzzle put together.I like how the story slowly showed you why each "puzzle piece" was shaped the way it was and how it was connected with the others."

message 17: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Thanks Kelly, It sounds like it'll be a good book to read.

message 18: by Jex (new)

Jex (jexball) | 2227 comments Well back before Jane Eyre took over the entire site, they used to change their advertising to show various books :-P