The Next Best Book Club discussion

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10060 comments Mod
Oh boy! I can't wait. No spoilers please!

message 2: by Claire (new)

Claire (clairebear8) | 513 comments Wow, I am loving Room. It is amazing how this little guy sees this Room as his whole world and how his mother is taking care of him....also, how they spend their time on a daily basis. Its a good example of human resiliency and the will to survive and to make the best of a horrific situation.

message 3: by Jane (new)

Jane | 221 comments I agree Claire. I thought it was wonderfully thought out from the perspective of the boy.

message 4: by Claire (new)

Claire (clairebear8) | 513 comments It really was, Jane, I agree. I really just want to read and not put it down, but my job is cramping my reading life....LOL.

message 5: by Efe (new)

Efe | 181 comments Aaaagh, I am so desperate to start reading this, but am stuck finishing Dragonfly in Amber first. The last 200 pages are dragging and all I can think is how desperate I am to read Room!

message 6: by Stacey (new)

Stacey | 2 comments Monef wrote: "Aaaagh, I am so desperate to start reading this, but am stuck finishing Dragonfly in Amber first. The last 200 pages are dragging and all I can think is how desperate I am to read Room!"

Monef, that's wild, I'm caught up in Dragonfly too, and I'm at about the same point you are. I decided to read Room and come back to Dragonfly later, figuring Room will go pretty quick. Three days later I am almost done.

I agree with Claire and Jane, hearing the story from the boy's perspective is incredible.

message 7: by Diana (new)

Diana | 31 comments I just started it and I'm hooked... this is way I love modernism so much! you get to experience the narrative from the perspective of a five-year old :) It gets me back to my childhood, when I was an annoying/adorable/curious child asking a lot of questions concerning a lot of subjects :) I can't wait to see how the story turns out... :)

message 8: by Efe (new)

Efe | 181 comments Stacey wrote: "Monef wrote: "Aaaagh, I am so desperate to start reading this, but am stuck finishing Dragonfly in Amber first. The last 200 pages are dragging and all I can think is how desperate I am to read Roo..."

Wow, I finally finished Dragonfly, but now have to read my giveaway copy of Townie before reading Room. I might just read them at the same time.