YA Apocalyptic and Dystopian Fiction discussion

Archived > Feed by Mira Grant: March 2011

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Feed (Newsflesh, #1) by Mira Grant

All right! Discuss this book!

Remember that this thread will contain SPOILERS, so don't red it if you don't wanna know!!

message 2: by Brandy (new)

Brandy Hunt So I bought my copy early and then almost promptly read it. I gave it a smashing review. I really really liked it, and the sequel is on my to read list.

I really liked all the kids names. Shaun of the Dead, Georgia and Georgette after Romero. Then of course, Buffy. That was such a cool use of popular culture.

The ending had me tearing up. I could kind of see it coming but I so thought it woudln't be Georgia, ya know.

*Suzy (ereaderuser)* (suzyereaderuser) I admit to crying at the ending too.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Okaaay...I need to stay faar away from this thread! I'm about half-way through right now and enjoying it so far! Can't wait to join you guys in a couple days! Have fun discussing! :)

message 5: by Kristy (new)

Kristy Turner (ladybugt15) | 32 comments I totaly loved this book and can't wait for the next one. I will tell you that I have read it a total of 2 times and cried both times at the end. I really didn't expect it to end that way!!

message 6: by Brandy (new)

Brandy Hunt Yeah, it just floored me. Grant did a great job with that fake out, didn't she?

message 7: by Kristy (new)

Kristy Turner (ladybugt15) | 32 comments Totaly!!! I always fall in love with the main character of books because if there is a sequal you pretty much know they will be around. I loved the book being writen from Georgia's point of view and I was really not thinking it would go in that direction. My fav. part of the book had to be the relationship between Georgia and Shaun.

message 8: by Donna (new)

Donna (ljldml) Ok, Just starting the book but so far I think it's great! I'll be back with more to add when I finish.

message 9: by Cher (new)

Cher Mendoza (chercabulamendoza) | 2 comments I'm 80% done! Wow this book is amazing. I'm finding that I'm skipping meals just to read it. Haha. It's THAT good. How is everyone doing so far?

message 10: by Hope (new)

Hope York (hopeyork) I love how the world continued to lead a somewhat normal existence considering the situation. That's a change from most zombie books I've read. I also loved the blog posts thrown in. Added to my favorites shelf as soon as I finished!

I was expecting it to happen the other way around! If you're done you know what I'm talking about! It was upsetting because the relationship they have is very clear. Not only is it sad because we lost one it's even worse because the other had to do it! Gaw!! I was devestated! Both Georgia and Shaun at some point say something like I can't imagine a world without him/her. Man! I'm ready for the next one!

message 11: by Emma (new)

Emma | 33 comments I can't imagine what the next book will be like without Georgia, I was so upset that she died I really liked her and Shaun's dynamic. I couldn't believe it was Tate!! Ugh this is such a wonderful book full of crazy twist you don't expect and I really enjoy the politics.

message 12: by Kristy (new)

Kristy Turner (ladybugt15) | 32 comments I don't think the next book will be that different due to I have already fell in love with Shaun. I can't wait to see what the next twist and turn will be.

message 13: by Hope (new)

Hope York (hopeyork) I'm not saying that 'Feed' wasn't full of action and suspense, it was but in a reserved way almost. Georgia was the smart, cool headed one. I think 'Blackout' will be more action packed seeing everything from Shauns point of veiw since that's his thing.

message 14: by Emma (new)

Emma | 33 comments Yeah I could see that happening. And I love Shaun as well. I was so sad reading from his pov after he had to put down George. We deff got to see a deeper side of him annd I liked it.

message 15: by Donna (new)

Donna (ljldml) Amazing book. Can't wait for the second book. I agree "Blackout" will be more action packed.

message 16: by Hope (new)

Hope York (hopeyork) 'Deadline' is the second book 'Blackout' is the third sorry for the bad info!

message 17: by Sara (new)

Sara (meatball77) I read this last summer and loved it. The ending shocked me.

message 18: by Nichola (new)

Nichola | 28 comments Ok I finally finished this book. It took me a really long time to read it. I struggled through the first half, it didn't pick up for me until Buffy died. I read it in one day after that. I like Shaun's POV towards the end, and that makes me look forward to reading book two.

message 19: by Laura (new)

Laura | 70 comments I thought this would take me ages to read, but I knocked it off in one and a half days. Very different to other zombie novels, with the journalistic/political aspects, but I really liked it.
It was interesting having everyone already infected, so when you die, you know exactly what's going to happen. And really well thought out, including all mammals in this and going so far as to say that you can't eat red meat because it's infected too and if you eat just the tiniest bit of uncooked meat then your own infection will awake!
I am so glad that it's not a long wait until the sequel.

message 20: by Laura (new)

Laura | 70 comments Also, I accidentally read a bit of this thread and knew that G would die, but it was still awful when it actually happened.

message 21: by Adela (new)

Adela Clancy I finished reading this book not too long ago and although it broke my heart I thought it was one of the best books I've read :)

Here's my review :)

message 22: by Emma (new)

Emma | 33 comments I deff was crying for like 3 pages. Fuck I loved George.

message 23: by Kira (new)

Kira (chewablebook) | 3 comments oh, my god I love this book! I had a bit of a dilemma at the end though. sure I was sad and crying when George met her fate, but if it had to be her or Shaun (terrible choice), then I'm sorry, but I'm glad it wasn't Shaun. (Can't help it. I loved George, but I fell hard for the idiot five minutes into the book—and then proceeded, everytime danger popped up, to scold myself for only caring about Shaun's well-being 'til I knew he was alright. I blame Georgia and her obvious deep love for her brother, because she had the same issues as I did.)

Can't wait wait for the next one. it'll be odd seeing Shaun without his need to antagonizingly poke things that probably shouldn't be poked...

message 24: by Kristy (new)

Kristy Turner (ladybugt15) | 32 comments What can I say I just finished dead line and I loved it!!!! can't wait for the last book but It will totaly throw you for a loop...

YA Apocalyptic and Dystopian Fiction

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Feed (other topics)