Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Page Numbering Requests > ISBN: 9780307744227: Jane Eyre (Movie Tie-In Edition)

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cynthea (new)

Cynthea | 1 comments Hey Folks -

Jane Eyre, movie-tie edition featured on the Goodreads challenge, (ISBN # 978-0-307-74422-7) has the incorrect page number listed. I am sure that similar to my husband's initial confusion, you may have gotten comments about how it isn't 600+ pages, but 284. That is only for PART TWO. There are actually TWO parts to the book. Here is the breakdown. Please correct accordingly:

Pages 1 - 312: Part One
Pages 1 - 284: Part Two

Following that are a number of Production Notes for the Movie that are not paginated (a total of 3 pages). Then, there is a Readers Guide (a total of 4 pages), also not paginated.

In my opinion, and to correctly estimate how far along % wise you are in the book, the first and second parts should be combined for a total of 596 pages.

Now, just to confuse you further, this is a Vintage Classic Edition, dated April 2009 on the copyright page. There is a Vintage ISBN listed on the inside, #: 978-0-307-45519-2. I am wondering if there is different pagination for THAT edition.

And, lastly, the actual ISBN # that is listed on the Goodreads site (that brings up this movie tie-in cover is: 0307744221).

Confused now? We are too. . .

Thanks so much! Cynthea and Ray

message 2: by Carolyn (last edited Mar 01, 2011 02:08PM) (new)

Carolyn (seeford) | 579 comments Looks like the person who changed the page count to 284 saw your post and made the correction to 596 pages already. GR doesn't use unpaged material (or roman numeral paged material) when doing page count, so I agree with you on the 596 pages.

The first ISBN and the last ISBN in your post are both for the same edition of the book - the movie tie-in. One is the 10-digit ISBN and the other is the 13-digit ISBN for it.

Not sure what is going on with the 'Vintage Classic Edition" thing - that ISBN does lead to another edition of the book, which page on GR says 608 pages. It has a different publisher than the movie tie-in edition however, which means it certainly can be likely that they have different page counts. The page count may change, but the word count of the original novel doesn't. = )

Hope this helps the confusion some.