Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Chat Room > PaperBackSwap

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Reeves (barefootdokusha) | 0 comments Is anyone a member of PaperBackSwap? I am looking for friends to add, you can find me under the e-mail addy of JeniNicole83@gmail.com. I just used my last credit to get The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo. I hope it's good!

message 2: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments It's good Jennifer, but has a lot of violence against women in it and is a bit slow in the beginning. Larsson took a lot of time trying to describe everything and set the stage and it took a while for me to get into it. Quite a few people I know were touched emotionally by the violence, but none of us expected it. We read it when it came out. As long as you know it's coming you should be fine.

message 3: by Sherrie (new)

Sherrie (vampirekisses2) | 120 comments I'm on PBS Jennifer, I'll look for you.

message 4: by Amy J. (last edited Feb 28, 2011 07:28PM) (new)

Amy J. | 686 comments I'm on PBS too. I've sent you a friend request or two. It didn't confirm it sent one the first time. So, of course, I hit the button again. It didn't confirm it the second time either, which makes me think the system doesn't do confirmations.

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Reeves (barefootdokusha) | 0 comments Sherry and Amy, Thanks! I accepted you both! Hopefully I'll be getting some BookCrossing labels in all my books I posted! Probably won't be until after the middle of the month since I just had our paper route put in my name and now I'm waiting on a paycheck!

The UHQ Nasanta (uhqs) | 829 comments Jennifer, I had an experience with a Paperbackswapper who didn't like BookCrossing labels. Is it permissible to put them on? I wasn't sure so I PM ahead of time to let them know.

message 7: by Sherrie (new)

Sherrie (vampirekisses2) | 120 comments niquae wrote: "Jennifer, I had an experience with a Paperbackswapper who didn't like BookCrossing labels. Is it permissible to put them on? I wasn't sure so I PM ahead of time to let them know."

PBS does allow bookcrossing labels so it's just the swapper. I think there are a lot of people who use bookcrossing labels on PBS.

message 8: by Amy J. (new)

Amy J. | 686 comments What's a bookcrossing label?

message 9: by Sherrie (last edited Mar 01, 2011 08:26AM) (new)

Sherrie (vampirekisses2) | 120 comments Amy wrote: "What's a bookcrossing label?"

Bookcrossing is another site where you can list all your books and track where they have gone as long as the other person receiving the book logs it into the system. So you can print labels with a number from bookcrossing and when the swapper receives they long in to bookcrossing and input that book number and so on and so.

message 10: by Kristen (new)

Kristen  (yogamamareads) | 57 comments I use it, but I tend to keep the books that I get...I add them to my bookshelf in my classroom.

message 11: by The UHQ Nasanta (new)

The UHQ Nasanta (uhqs) | 829 comments Sherrie wrote: "niquae wrote: "Jennifer, I had an experience with a Paperbackswapper who didn't like BookCrossing labels. Is it permissible to put them on? I wasn't sure so I PM ahead of time to let them know."

..."

Thanks, Sherrie. Although I don't use Bookcrossing (I have difficulty releasing books), I'm glad to know that the few I did log into the system won't be rejected by paperbackswap.com.