Love Or Leave It: A Book Club for Authors, Readers & Giveaways discussion

What Books Would You Want to See Made Into a Movie?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by EZRead (new)

EZRead eBookstore | 58 comments Mod
Pretty much any book you can think of is being made into a movie. But what about some REALLY crazy ones? Like, I was thinking about "Super Sad True Love Story" with Paul Giamatti as the lead.

AND DEFINITELY "THE BOOK THIEF". EVEN THOUGH I WILL CRY.

Jason "Book Sniper" (booksniper) | 3 comments The book thief would be a great choice! I'm waiting on the hunger games. I read that they start recording this year.

message 3: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Horton | 4 comments The Great Collapse? (Oops, how impolitic of me!)

message 4: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Horton | 4 comments How about NEXT, by Michael Crichton? It was a pretty eye-opening novel.

message 5: by EZRead (new)

Jason wrote: "The book thief would be a great choice! I'm waiting on the hunger games. I read that they start recording this year."

I'm going to be interested to see who they cast in "Hunger Games", I think Katniss is kind of a down-and-dirty role. It's probably going to be Taylor Swift though, I have this crazy feeling...

message 6: by EZRead (new)

Jeff wrote: "How about NEXT, by Michael Crichton? It was a pretty eye-opening novel."

I haven't read "NEXT"! My husband keeps trying to get me to read "Eaters of the Dead" by Crichton. Every day, he seriously gives me a little-mini intervention trying to force me to buy it. :)

message 7: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Horton | 4 comments It was very provocative. As I understand it, Congress recently passed some laws that Crichton advocated, that he alludes to in the novel. I recommend it.

message 8: by EZRead (new)

Jeff wrote: "It was very provocative. As I understand it, Congress recently passed some laws that Crichton advocated, that he alludes to in the novel. I recommend it."

I'll have to check it out. It seems like a lot of Michael Chricton's books, overall, would make for fabulously amazing movies. I think the action translates really well to the screen, IMHO.

message 9: by Peter (new)

Peter Medley | 2 comments The Perfect Deceit

An intriguing and fascinating book on how countries vie against each other to be top dog on the world stage. Spies, double agents, love triangles -- it’s all in a day’s work for super spy Alexey! In today’s interconnected world, this book gives an interesting perspective on how much competition goes on behind the scenes with ambitions and stakes running high. Hearts are broken and for some power is gained.

Illuminating book on the espionage sphere. Lots of mind games involved. Great book with high drama. Makes for a perfect summer read!

Love Or Leave It: A Book Club for Authors,...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Perfect Deceit (other topics)