Book Club Across State Lines discussion

Suggestions for Future Reads > Suggestions for book 3 (march)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by jacky (new)

jacky Here is what we have already from last time. Sorry no authors and links, I just don't have time right now. YOu can look back on the book 2 thread to use them.

Evening Class
Watchmen
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
The Scarlet Pimpernel
The 1001 Arabian Nights
Cloud Atlas
The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet
Oryx and Crake
Franny and Zooey
In the Year 2889
The War of the Worlds
Man and Superman
The Art of War

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Kennedy (michelleyk) | 7 comments How about: Good Omens or The Worst Hard Time: The Untold Story of Those Who Survived the Great American Dust Bowl.

Good Omens is a fun read, clever and witty, and even if someone has read it previously, it is worth a 2nd or 3rd read.
The Worst Hard Time is non-fiction, but everyone who's read it raves about how compelling it is -- a rather gritty look at the Dust Bowl, and those who chose to stay. Since many of us have read Steinbeck's The Grapes of Wrath it would be interesting to compare and contrast them. (Too much English teacher in me, I think -- sorry!)

I recently re-read The 19th Wife which is a great book, and the same author has also written The Danish Girl, which I've heard is pretty interesting.

message 3: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Lee Hamilton (kathandra) | 13 comments I loved good omens, it was so funny but its been a long time since I read it, I would love too again. Great suggestion!
Good Omens Amazon Link
http://www.amazon.com/Good-Omens-Accu...