Snarkfest Bookshelf discussion

Book Club > Suggestions For Monthly Book Picks

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liesl (new)

Liesl (jcpdiesel21) | 34 comments Mod
If you have a suggestion for our monthly book club, please feel free to share it here! Ideally, I plan on putting up a poll of any suggestions that are made during the last week of a month to decide our pick for the following month.

Something to keep in mind when making a suggestion: in my other book club that I meet with in person, the leader always makes sure to pick a book that is readily available in paperback. That way, if anyone needs to purchase a copy, they won't have to spend as much money. This may not necessarily apply to this group, since these discussions will take place over a longer period of time, but it might be helpful to those who want to get in on the discussion right away.

message 2: by Genevieve (new)

Genevieve | 4 comments A few ideas for future books:

The Brontes Went to Woolworths -Rachel Ferguson

Starter for Ten -David Nicholls

I know this isn't in hardback but I am kind of curious about Swamplandia by Karen Russell. (it is available on Kindle) Maybe a book for when it comes out in paperback. She also did a book of short stories called,
St. Lucy's Home for Girls Raised by Wolves
I believe that is now in paperback.

message 3: by Peggy (new)

Peggy (psramsey) | 3 comments St. Lucy's Home for Girls Raised by Wolves

That needs to be read, just based on the title alone.

message 4: by Lian (new)

Lian | 4 comments Is it too late to throw in a last minute vote for the latest Sweet Valley book? ;)

message 5: by Liesl (new)

It's too late for April, but I'd be happy to include it as a possible option for April! :) That would be a fun read to dish over together.

Also, feel free to make suggestions for books both in paperback AND hardback. It seems that hardback is not as limiting an option for everyone as I thought it would be, and there are a lot of good titles that have been recently released that I don't want to exclude.

message 6: by Liesl (new)

I think we should definitely make Spoiled our June pick.

message 7: by Ahk (new)

Ahk | 17 comments Spoiled sounds fun!