Movies We've Just Watched discussion

goonies never say die!!!!

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Faith (last edited Aug 16, 2008 10:33PM) (new)

Faith Quick (faithbquick) | 81 comments i am a goonie die hard fan! i know by heart every line and every scene! i have loved this movie since the first time i saw it at the drive in! i have loved this movie my whole life!my husband and i started our own goonie adventure this last month where we ventured to Astoria Oregon!!! we did the goonie fan thing of getting our picture in front of the goonie house, the goonie "museum", the goonie jail, and the cannon beach scene where the 4X4 race starts in the opening scene!!!

this movie is my all time favorite rainy day show! anyone else a die hard goonie fan and if not what do you think of the movie and if you haven't seen this movie, for shame get it on your netflix.

i had a lot of goonie adventures when i was younger even before they were coined "goonie adventure." any goonie adventures that anyone wants to share. i can think of one of mine where i ended up in a coyote den!!!!!

message 2: by Angie (new)

Angie I LOVE LOVE Goonies! I know they are talking about making a second one and I really hope they don't. It would be like watching Lost Boys 2!

message 3: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) "Hit the frappe button!" I love this movie, too. I was shocked to discover that Josh Brolin was the older brother who had the romance with the pretty girl. I can't remember names; forgive me.

Ah, this movie takes me back to the innocent days of the early eighties, when I was younger with no responsibilities and gas was cheap as hell.

message 4: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 118 comments I have to admit that I haven't seen it in awile but now I have to get out the VHS(lol) and watch it.

On Lost Boys 2 - Did you see really see it? I can't bring myself to pick it up. It's just so sad that they are ruining the classic 80s movies by bringing back sequels now.

FYI: There is talk about Breakfast Club 2 also. I'm cringing.....

message 5: by Angie (new)

Angie No I didn't actually see Lost Boys 2. I don't even know what it's about.

message 6: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 118 comments Thats cool, I wanted to know what you thought about it if you did.

Man did I word that wrong up there.....sorry Angie. I didn't mean for it to sound like I typed it. I didn't mean to sound snotty towards you. Please don't talk it that way.

St[♥]r Pr!nc:$$ N[♥]wsheen pictures, pictures, pictures ||| ♥ Zin Uru ♥ |||| | 482 comments I liked this movie too..... very nostalgic

message 8: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 35 comments Goonie-fan-by-association. When I was a kid my BFF was a HUGE goonie fan. We watched it all the time to the point the VHS tape, because she recorded it off TV, was so warn it was dark and hard to see. For her 30th birthday I got her a Goonie T-shirt. It made her scream with joy....ok she was a wee bit drunk but she would have screamed sober.

Faith - just in case you don't have one of these yet....'
Goonies T-Shirt

message 9: by Faith (last edited Aug 17, 2008 07:02PM) (new)

Faith Quick (faithbquick) | 81 comments thanks roxy!!!!!!!

my husband and i had so much fun in astoria and i can honestly say it is as cool as the movie! loved it there! believe it or not it is our next move moving destination! in case you don't know me i move a lot! i have lived in lots of different places and my husband and i are bound for astoria! yes it is in most part because of goonies and kindergarten cop. sadly though there is no goonie stuff there! my husband wants to open a Fratellis italian restaurant with goonie periphenilia up front!

and i am with you crystal i was about to ask you angie what you thought of lost boys 2, i want to pick it up but my hand wont move!

please oh PLEASE no breakfast club 2!!!!!!!!

message 10: by Angie (last edited Aug 17, 2008 07:14PM) (new)

Angie Don't worry Crystal I didn't take it wrong.. in fact I didn't even think of it bad at all and now I think what I wrote sounded bad! :) I hate how sometimes when you type it doesn't sound like how it sounded in your head to others.

Quote from goonies:

"Hey you guys!!!!"

Tera (TheBookishAbyss) Goonies is one of my all-time favorites and it has become my oldest son's as well because I make him watch all the movies I loved when I was younger. I was in love with Sean Astin forever and have been excited to see him more active in films as of late (thanks LOTR). My son's favorite part is Chunk's "Truffle Shuffle". I loved Data and his inventions. A great movie!

message 12: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) | 169 comments "rabies, rabies!!"

message 13: by Holli (new)

Holli I love this movie....my brother and I watched movies constantly when we were in Junior High and this one was on the rotation. Grease 1 & 2, Revenge of the Nerds, Dirty Dancing, Pretty in Pink, Ferris Bueller, Breakfast Club, Young Guns, Sixteen Candles,Lost Boys etc etc etc. LOL

Remaking these movies is sacrilegious!!!!!

message 14: by Faith (new)

Faith Quick (faithbquick) | 81 comments i love when the nerds do their concert! one of my favorite scenes! i find myself singing the song randomly! :)

message 15: by Jenn (new)

Jenn | 99 comments Loved Goonies! I have a shirt but I think it embarrassed my husband when I wear it out.

Lost Boys 2- I know several people that bought it in pre-release and from what I've been told it's decent. If you loved the first one then seeing the second one should be one your list of things to do (or so I was told). There are a couple alternate endings but they all come to the same conclusion. They came out with a series of comics about the Frog brothers and the movies are following in line. Talk of a part 3 is already going on. I believe there might be 4 comics but I'm not 100% on that.

message 16: by Holli (new)

Holli I was hoping it would be good Jenn but my hopes weren't high. Your thoughts here may have changed that....i will check out Lost Boys 2 for sure!!!

message 17: by Angie (last edited Aug 25, 2008 10:25AM) (new)

Angie I saw the Lost Boys 2, Crystal made me want to do it! (JK) :) They cut out Corey Haim's part but it is in the deleted scenes at the end. It was a OK movie, I didn't think it was terrible. And the main vampire is Keifer Sutherland's brother.

message 18: by Holli (new)

Holli Keifer Sutherland has a brother......wow.....you mean there's another one?? Let the obsessing begin!! ;)

message 19: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 35 comments Breakfast Club 2?! Hope not but JCPenney (department store for anyone who doesnt' have one near them) recently put out a back to school add totally, obviously spuffing BfC. Though I had to wonder how many of the kids in it had even seen BfC?

Dirty Dancing....one of my secret all time favs (not so secret anymore). My friend forced me to watch Goonies all the time so I forced her to watch DD. She had a baby girl this year and I even bought her the "Nobody Puts Baby in the Corner" onesie. Told her it was on lone till I had a daughter.

message 20: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (roxy_nj) | 35 comments had to look for it.....

JCPenney Breakfast Club Commercial

It really isn't that bad....hits some of the key scenes.

message 21: by Angie (new)

Angie That commercial is great!

message 22: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) | 169 comments That commercial is driving me nuts. I am so tired of hearing that song. LOL.

Breakfast Club is over-rated to me.

message 23: by Stacy-Deanne (new)

Stacy-Deanne Stacy-Deanne (wwwgoodreadscomstacydeanne) | 4 comments I'm an 80's child so I loved The Goonies AND Cyndi Lauper! I loved that theme song, "Goonies R Good Enough". Back then that was the jam! I am trying to remember didn't they make a little Saturday Morning Cartoon or something of the Goonies? Can't remember. Seems like they might have but it was short-lived. Looks like it's time to Google, LOL.

message 24: by Angie (new)

Angie I don't know about a cartoon... but I used to play this goonies game on the regular Nintendo back in the day. It was so fun!

message 25: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) | 169 comments Stacy-deanne, the theme song is my favorite one.

"old fashioned, superstion, I find it had to break.."

message 26: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 118 comments Angie - that is funny that I saw this post because Friday we went to rent some movies. I walked past Lost Boys 2 and just about grabbed it when a pre-teen swooped in and it was gone.

I actually saw the trailer for LB 2 and it didn't look horrible.

I didn't know he had a brother that acted. Well keep it in the family I guess....lol