The Gateroom discussion

Stargate General Chat > How did you discover Stargate? (SG1/SGA/SGU)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (tdallonsy) | 187 comments Mod
How did you discover the show?

I was always attracted to military type shows (JAG, NCIS), but I was also fascinated with everything related to Ancient Egypt; so when I saw SG1, it was an instant favourite.

message 2: by Beth (new)

Beth  (canadianbeth) | 28 comments IIRC it was listed amongst the new shows in the fall TV Guide. Since Richard Dean Anderson was in it I decided to give it a try :). I was hooked from the first episode. I had not seen the movie, had barely even heard of it but would not have been interested in it anyway because I do not like Kurt Russell. I liked him even less when I bought and watched the movie for the back story.

Beth - ;)
in Calgary

message 3: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (tdallonsy) | 187 comments Mod
I haven't heard of RDA before Stargate SG1, but a friend of mine recommended the show a few years before I have seen it. (we used to get shows quite late here - like a few years late....and DVDs were out of the question as choice was rather limited ) thanks to my friend I discovered MacGyver too.

message 4: by Kayla (new)

Kayla My dad actually watched it when the show was on tv, and so when we got Netflix and I was bored and had no regular shows to watch last May, he introduced me to SG-1. :) I just finished the last episode of season 10 literally about ten minutes ago.

message 5: by ilaria (new)

ilaria | 77 comments i was just channel surfing and i was hooked :D

CaptKirk42 Classic Whovian (klandersen) | 16 comments I had seen the movie and when I heard a show was being made was excited about it, however I missed the first season or two because I didn't have Showtime (and I don't think I had cable either) at the time. I think it was around season 3, maybe as soon as season 2 that I finally got Showtime and cable. Then when sci-fi channel started up (fortunately Comcast picked up sci-fi channel from the very beginnings) and SG1 transitioned seamlessly.