Movies We've Just Watched discussion

The King´s Speech Book

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mahreen (new)

Mahreen | 4 comments I really liked the King´s Speech movie (so happy it won Best Movie and that Colin got his Oscar) and I just foind out that there´s a book about it! Would love to read it http://bit.ly/eSgnPB

message 2: by Maryanne (new)

Maryanne Raphael (MaryanneRaphael) | 250 comments I agree with you about the King's Speech. I found the acting great, the plot moving, the whole effect inspiring and uplifting, something that is needed in today's gloom. maryanne raphael

message 3: by George (last edited Mar 02, 2011 01:15AM) (new)

George | 951 comments I certainly enjoyed it. saw it while on vacation in Australia. I don't know that I think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, but it was an intelligent script, well directed and acted, which makes it an all too rare event these days.

message 4: by Maryanne (new)

Maryanne Raphael (MaryanneRaphael) | 250 comments I agree that it was not one of my all time favorite movies but it was definitely my favorite of those that were up for the award this year. Maryanne

message 5: by ???!!! (new)

???!!! | 11 comments It's about time for Colin to win an Oscar. His expression and emotions were so intricate that everyone, including my little daughter can feel his pain and nervousness. Put me on the edge too when he was about to make the speech. I also thought everyone in this film did an excellent job which made it such a good movie to enjoy. Truly deserved Oscars in so many different levels.

message 6: by mark (last edited Mar 18, 2011 11:52AM) (new)

mark monday (happy-end-of-the-world) unfortunately, i think the only way that spammers like this can be taken care of is if someone steps up to be moderator (and emails GoodReads staff). our moderator is, i think, m.i.a. since mid-2010.

i suggest someone acerbic & ruthless, like Tom or Phillip. they could put these spammers in line!

message 7: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 314 comments Alright, I'm a lost cause ADD kid. This movie is two and half hours and the main subjct is Speech therapy.
It is one of my favorite movies of all time.
I have not read the book yet. I will when I get the money, but the movie is worth it.

message 8: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 10 comments I LOVE the King's Speech! And I checked out the book from the library...it was pretty good! I liked reading a bit more backstory and stuff on Lionel, so when I watched the movie again, I knew a little bit more about him! This is such an inspiring movie...it's incredible!

message 9: by Tom (new)

Tom | 5337 comments Is the book as tedious as the film?

message 10: by Jeremiah (last edited May 01, 2011 06:46PM) (new)

Jeremiah | 5 comments Tom, are your comments always so constructive?

message 11: by Ivan (new)

Ivan I thought the film was terrific - everything about it - the acting most of all. I'm a big fan of Rush - have loved almost everything I've seen him in.

message 12: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 314 comments Ok, so I've read the book now, and it's pretty good ( not as good as the movie, but obviouisly more factual). Although if you get a little bored, play the soundtrack to the film while you read and things will pick up :)

message 13: by Courtney (last edited May 06, 2011 10:06PM) (new)

Courtney | 10 comments Oh my goodness, I love the soundtrack! I can play the piano part!