Q&A with J.A. Konrath discussion

Jack Kilborn

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.A. (new)

J.A. A. Konrath | 47 comments Mod
Any questions about J.A.'s pen name, Jack Kilborn, are welcome here.

message 2: by Bobbie (new)

Bobbie  Crawford Will there be an AFRAID 2 - Be Very AFRAID?

I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

message 3: by Katie (new)

Katie (skateanddonate) | 2 comments Is one of the two books to be released in 2011 a Jack Kilborn?

message 4: by J.A. (new)

Besides KILLERS, a Jack Kilborn novella which was just released in ebook (soon to be released in print)I'm going to begin work on a new Kilborn book called CONSUMED.

It's just awful. You'll love it.

As for a sequel to Afraid, I have an idea I'm kicking around that may bring some of those characters back. We'll see.

message 5: by Janene (new)

Janene (janene_marie) | 2 comments Hey Joe! I serve on a readers advisory counsel..and was recently asked my fav horror novel off all time. 'Afraid' is it. My #1 read of 2009. I hated to see it end, but thank god it did. Really. ;)

PS: And the monkey....thanks.

message 6: by Bobbie (new)

Bobbie  Crawford Hi Joe,

I would LOVE to read a sequel to AFRAID!

Also, is there any for a release date for DRACULAS 2? I hope so because I REALLY want to know how the story progresses; you guys left us high, dry and thirsting for more. :-)

message 7: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Raiser | 1 comments J.A. wrote: "Besides KILLERS, a Jack Kilborn novella which was just released in ebook (soon to be released in print)I'm going to begin work on a new Kilborn book called CONSUMED.

It's just awful. You'll love i..."

I read Afraid a while back and a collaboration with Crouch, which were awesome, and I just finished reading Origin....I love the author notes in the back, especially on the collaborations. It's great to know that something you did that was thrown aside you can now put up there all by yourself, and we just love it! I really really enjoyed it. It inspires us to just go for it as writers. Thanks so much!!!
Can't wait for my next Kilborn novel!!!

message 8: by J.A. (new)

Janene wrote: "Hey Joe! I serve on a readers advisory counsel..and was recently asked my fav horror novel off all time. 'Afraid' is it. My #1 read of 2009. I hated to see it end, but thank god it did. Reall..."

That's so cool. Thank you.

message 9: by J.A. (new)

Bobbie wrote: "Hi Joe,

I would LOVE to read a sequel to AFRAID!

Also, is there any for a release date for DRACULAS 2? I hope so because I REALLY want to know how the story progresses; you guys left us high, dry..."

This year we're doing MUMMIES and WOLFMEN.

DRACULAS 2 and FRANKENSTEINS will happen at the end of this year, or early next.

message 10: by Lea (new)

Lea (vagabondia) Draculas, Mummies, Wolfmen, Oh My! Love it! You never fail to keep me shaking with laughter and fear!

message 11: by Chryse (new)

Chryse Wymer (chrysewymer) | 9 comments Hi JA,
Quick question. I swore I read someone on your blog alluding to your writing a sci-fi. Is this true?

message 12: by J.A. (new)

My sci-fi book TIMECASTER, written under my pen name Joe Kimball, will be out this year. It features Jack Daniels's grandson as the hero, and Harry McGlade III.

message 13: by Eric_W (new)

Eric_W (ericw) | 1 comments J.A. wrote: "My sci-fi book TIMECASTER, written under my pen name Joe Kimball, will be out this year. It features Jack Daniels's grandson as the hero, and Harry McGlade III."

I see there is no Kindle version listed on Amazon. Will you have this book available as an ebook?

message 14: by Chryse (new)

Chryse Wymer (chrysewymer) | 9 comments Thanks for the answer, and that sounds pretty freaking cool.

message 15: by J.A. (new)

Timecaster will be an ebook. Sadly, since my publisher has the rights, it will no doubt be expensive.

message 16: by Chryse (new)

Chryse Wymer (chrysewymer) | 9 comments How in the world did your publisher end up with the rights? I thought you were more indie than Indiana Jones.

message 17: by J.A. (new)

I signed the contract 2 years ago, prior to my ebook adventures.