Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > Did you watch the Oscars?

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sandysconnected | 43 comments Who watched the Oscars last night? Have you read any of the books that some of the movies were based on?

message 2: by Suefly (new)

Suefly | 620 comments I watched about 10 mintues of it, but I had seen The Black Swan, True Grit and The King's Speech, so I was rather excited this year about the noms. I have not read any of the books, though.

message 3: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Never.

I don't care what Curt Douglas' wife is wearing...

message 4: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Curt or Kurt? See, I don't even know. Or, is it Kirk? Whatever, that dark haired lady that was in Zorro.

message 5: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) You mean Michael, Kirk's son.

message 6: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Maybe, is he married to the pretty dark haired lady who was is Zorro?

message 7: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) I still don't care what she was wearing...

message 8: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Yes.

message 9: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Yeah, her. She was the first one that came to mind when I thought of the red carpet hullabaloo.

message 10: by Lobstergirl, el principe (last edited Mar 17, 2011 09:05PM) (new)

Lobstergirl | 24107 comments Mod
Her breasts heaved above the corset, her eyes molten. Beneath her voluminous skirts, milky thighs descended from silken loins. A queef, delicately, escaped.

message 11: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) Catherine Zeta Jones.

message 12: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) She and I share a Welsh heritage.

message 13: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) is that all?

message 14: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24107 comments Mod
Ms. Petra is not impressed.

message 15: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Yup. That's it. *gazes at the floor*

message 16: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) I actually thought you meant in a general sense... you know, in the how Obama is Irish sense Are you really related to her directly?

message 17: by Félix (last edited Mar 17, 2011 09:15PM) (new)

Félix (habitseven) We have the same last name. My ancestors came from Wales. She's from Wales. I'm probably as closely related to her as I am to you.

message 18: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) Does that mean you are related to James Earl as well? He is so cool!

message 19: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Now that you mention it, I guess I am!

message 20: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) That's perfect! Someday I hope to be Jones the Retired.

message 21: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) Jones the Sock Monkey :)

message 22: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Excellent.

message 23: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) That's funny, I just applied that to me and it's quite silly...my last name is Good. I guess that means no matter what I do I'll be "Good at it". :)

message 24: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments When the Welsh rugby team plays, they have to use first initials as well as last names on their jerseys. There are usually seven or eight Joneses, so it's D. Jones and A. Jones and Ga. Jones and Ge. Jones etc.

message 25: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Which, SP, is a bit surprising as two vowels in one word is well beyond the Welsh limit!

message 27: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Heavy goods?

message 28: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Heh. I was just looking for an example of the Welsh lack of vowels...but, now that you mention it I do remember that story. :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.