Comfort Reads discussion

Chit Chat - TV & Movies > Oscar Winners

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Linda (new)

Linda Wilkinson | 5 comments Happy with the winners of the Oscars? I was so happy for Clin Firth and The King´s Speech, great movie!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Same here! I didn't see many of the movies, so I can't judge the rest. Would have been nice for the other two, Bonham-Carter and Rush, to have won.

message 3: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 1853 comments I was pleased with Colin Firth and The King's Speech getting honors, too, and especially the writer David Seidler for his win. I thought Seidler gave the best speech of the night.

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) Linda, Thanks for starting this thread. When the show was over I realized I should have started a thread such as this days ago.

I'm mostly happy, and I really enjoyed the show.

I was delighted that Shaun Tan was co-winner of the Oscar for animated short. I love his books, although I haven't read The Lost Thing yet, but today I put it on reserve at the library.

message 5: by Diane (new)

Diane  (dianedj) I was very pleased with all the winners -- especially Colin Firth and The Kings Speech. David Seidler was priceless! I'd give that the best speech of the night award too.

message 6: by Chrissie (last edited Mar 01, 2011 12:33AM) (new)

Chrissie I LIKE the thread name....... so does my four-footed friend!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I was disappointed :( My book trailer was up for Best Homemade Book Promo and lost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2Yc0s...

message 8: by Manybooks (new)

Manybooks Chrissie wrote: "I LIKE the thread name....... so does my four-footed friend!"

Of course you and Oscar would love the name of this thread, it's wonderful, and Oscar (your Oscar) is a winner!!

I'm so behind with current movies, but I do want to see The King's Speech.

message 9: by Chrissie (new)

Chrissie Gundula, :0)

message 10: by Diane (new)

Diane  (dianedj) Chrissie wrote: "I LIKE the thread name....... so does my four-footed friend!"

Of course he does!! :)

message 11: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) Chrissie wrote: "I LIKE the thread name....... so does my four-footed friend!"

I love the Academy Awards shows. I've been known to miss some very important things to see them, but I suspect I'd love the dog Oscar even more. :-)

message 12: by Manybooks (new)

Manybooks Chrissie wrote: "Gundula, :0)"

I thought that would make you smile :-)

message 13: by Chrissie (new)

Chrissie I just couldn't resist mentioning Oscar.....

message 14: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 375 comments Linda wrote: "Happy with the winners of the Oscars? I was so happy for Clin Firth and The King´s Speech, great movie!"

Ditto! Both were wonderful, though I also loved "Toy Story 3" and "Inception"

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I enjoyed Randy Newman's acceptance speech. He's pretty funny.

message 16: by John (new)

John I just finished True Grit and it is better than either movie. John Wayne was closer to the Rooster Cogburn in the book. The think Jeff Bridges fumbled his try. If you blended the two Maddie's you might have the girl in the book.

message 17: by Lori (new)

Lori Baldi Thrilled for Colin Firth! I just love him. And he definitely deserved the win. I actually went to see th movie on March 19th. Everyone must see it. I've always been crazy for the English and since seeing the movie, I've been worse. They are all good and my only complaint is the same that I have about all British productions. The sound is always so low. I have very good hearing and yet I was straining to hear much of the movie's dialogue. And all of the TV shows from England have the same problem. It's ok at home where you have the remote in hand. Then the music comes on and you get blasted through the walls. But the aggravation was worth it for this movie especially for a fan of Firth. That's ME!

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

It was one of Firth's best performances, definitely!

I had a hard time hearing it, too. I thought it was just me! lol