TV We've Just Watched discussion

Cancelled/Series Ended > Being Human US

Comments Showing 1-50 of 57 (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jackie (last edited Feb 28, 2011 08:49AM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I thought separate threads for Being Human makes more sense so as to eliminate any confusion.

message 2: by Angie (new)

Angie Good idea! Love the US version... though I haven't seen the UK version.......... yet!

message 3: by Jackie (last edited Feb 28, 2011 01:34PM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments UK version beats the pants off the US version. You can watch the first two UK seasons on youtube.
I like the US version's house though.

message 4: by Lynn (last edited Mar 09, 2011 06:52PM) (new)

Lynn (dwell_ondreams) | 126 comments Two words: Mark Pellegrino.

I love the US version because he's in it. Also, if they ever stop copying the UK version practically scene by scene, they have a shot at being an awesome stand alone show too. (Though there has been some original stuff in the US version, I realize that. Just not as much as I'd hope for. I'm still rooting for them though.)

message 5: by Angie (new)

Angie If you DVR'ed episode 7 it did not tape right. You will have to watch it on Megavideo.

message 6: by Angie (new)

Angie This just got renewed for a second season!

message 7: by Jackie (last edited Mar 17, 2011 06:13PM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Lynn wrote: if they ever stop copying the UK version practically scene by scene, they have a shot at being an awesome stand alone show too.

That's the whole reason why I don't like the US version. I've seen it already.
Love Mark Pelligrino.

Angie wrote: This just got renewed for a second season!

Yes, well, there's 2 more season to rip off, lol
(just poking fun, no offense meant:)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't like the US version at all, either. And not just because I felt like I'd already seen it, but because I didn't feel that the characters had any chemistry between them. Maybe because I like the UK version so much (especially this season) that any other version just couldn't match up.

message 9: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I only watched the first episode and it was nothing more than an inferior copy. Besides, compare the US Aidan to the UK Mitchell. 'Nuff said.

message 10: by Angie (new)

Angie I guess though if you haven't seen the UK version then it is all new. For me it is a fun fun show, but since I haven't seen the UK one I can say that. I am sure if I had seen the UK I would feel the same. Plus that vampire in the US one is sooooo sexy!

message 11: by Jackie (last edited Mar 19, 2011 09:12AM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I'm sorry Angie but Ewwwww. He's the reason I can't watch it. I think he's ugly.
This is the UK vampire, Mitchell:

Yeah, no comparison. Add a sexy Irish accent to that. Delicious!
To be fair, here's the other guy:

message 12: by Ειρήνη (new)

Ειρήνη He's not that ugly. Actually, I think he's hot enough to pass for a vampire :P

An irrelevant/relevant question: Is there a reason why they named the US vampire Aidan? Which is the real name of the actor who plays the UK vampire?

message 13: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I don't know but it is odd, isn't it? I'd make a guess that they knew what they were doing, trying to get the fans to make a subconscious connection.

Looks are relative, as they say 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder'. We all see things differently. I tell you what, you keep Sam Whatever and I'll keep Aidan Turner. LOL

message 14: by Ειρήνη (new)

Ειρήνη Yes, I think they knew exactly what they were doing. You see, that way we're both keeping an Aidan! haha:)

message 15: by Jackie (last edited Mar 19, 2011 10:25AM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments That works for me! lol

The problem with the Sam dude is that I saw him first in Smallville and he was a creep. Sometimes those first impressions linger for me. I think if I had never seen him at all or on something else where he was more of a likable character, I might see him differently now.

Here's a question I've been dying to ask:
Does the US werewolf scream like a girl during transformation? UK George does, it's really pathetic. I shut the volume down when he transforms, thinking to myself, 'Here we go again, sissy-wolf'. lol

message 16: by Ειρήνη (new)

Ειρήνη I guess you're right... first impressions are hard to forget.

Well, the US werewolf screams a lot, but I wouldn't say that he sounds like a girl.

message 17: by Jackie (last edited Mar 19, 2011 12:56PM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments First impressions: there's this one actress, Paula Malcolmson, I first saw on ER and hated her, and now she's everywhere, Caprica, Sons of Anarchy and on last night's Fringe. It drives me nuts because I can't over disliking her; she's stalking my shows, hahaha

OMG, George's scream is awful. The US werewolf is really cute too. George is not. lol

message 18: by Ειρήνη (new)

Ειρήνη The weird thing is that I can get over the "good" first impressions but never the "bad" ones. lol

Yes, he is cute. His facial expressions are adorable. He's like a puppy...

message 19: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Eirini wrote: The weird thing is that I can get over the "good" first impressions but never the "bad" ones.

Exactly! Why is that?

message 20: by Ειρήνη (new)

Ειρήνη Just being human, lol!

What can I say? I like disliking characters!

message 21: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Clever answer! lol

message 22: by Ειρήνη (new)

Ειρήνη :D

message 23: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (kheckart) | 456 comments Jackie wrote: "First impressions: there's this one actress, Paula Malcolmson, I first saw on ER and hated her, and now she's everywhere, Caprica, Sons of Anarchy and on last night's Fringe. It drives me nuts be..."

OMG, Jackie. I was thinking this same thing when I watched the recent Fringe episode. I even said something to my husband that I can't stand her because she always plays whiny charaters. He said she has a whiny look to her. So true.

message 24: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (kheckart) | 456 comments I do think that the UK vampire is cuter, but the US one looked hotter lately or maybe my eyes are crossing. It's more convenient for me to watch the US version and I like it. It kind of grew on me.

message 25: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Kelley, she is so annoying! I find it hard to believe she gets all these roles, she's not even a good actress.

UK vamp Mitchell can bite me anytime. lol
I'll watch the US version if they start doing original storylines.

message 26: by Dee (new)

Dee Sibert | 16 comments Jackie wrote: "I'm sorry Angie but Ewwwww. He's the reason I can't watch it. I think he's ugly.
This is the UK vampire, Mitchell:

Yeah, no comparison. Add a sexy Irish accent to that. Delicious!
To be f..."

OK, I agree with Angie..I like Aiden,I think he is hot..BUT now that I have seen this Vamp from the BBC version..wow!!!! HOTTER
haha

message 27: by Jackie (last edited Mar 22, 2011 12:32PM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Dee wrote: BUT now that I have seen this Vamp from the BBC version..wow!!!!

You've got to see him act...WOW! He's that good.

UK vamp will be in The Hobbit movie so we can all drool over him then. :D

message 28: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (kheckart) | 456 comments Jackie wrote: UK vamp will be in The Hobbit movie so we can all drool over him..."

Will he be playing a warrior? I like warriors like Aragorn in LOTR.

message 29: by Jackie (last edited Mar 22, 2011 06:11PM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments No, Kili. One of the dwarfs. Another hottie, Richard Armitage, is playing another dwarf, Thorin. Neither has the right body type to play a dwarf, IMO, they'd both make better elves.
Armitage played Gisbourne in Robin Hood, have a look:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0035514/

message 30: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (kheckart) | 456 comments Jackie, Thanks for sharing the link. He is pretty hot--I like his eyes. That's weird that both of these men would play dwarves. I agree with you--both men look more like elves to me.

message 31: by Jackie (last edited Mar 22, 2011 07:12PM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments It's a great opportunity for both of them. While being well known in the UK, they're unknown here, and here is where they can gain international fame. Too bad they weren't elves in the LOTR movies. Either one would kick Orlando Bloom's ass as an elf, lol

message 32: by Angie (new)

Angie I have liked the vamp in the US version ever since he was in Battlestar Galactica, and the Star Wars video game!

message 33: by Jackie (last edited Mar 23, 2011 10:14AM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Angie, Oh yeah, I forgot he was in BSG. Crashdown. I really liked him there. That gives credence to what Eirini wrote: The weird thing is that I can get over the "good" first impressions but never the "bad" ones.

message 34: by Ειρήνη (new)

Ειρήνη Jackie wrote: "Angie, Oh yeah, I forgot he was in BSG. Crashdown. I really liked him there. That gives credence to what Eirini wrote: The weird thing is that I can get over the "good" first impressions but nev..."

Haha!
Sometimes, I hate when I'm right.

message 35: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Isn't it odd how we remember the bad and not the good? As much as I liked Crashdown, the actor was forgetable there, but I'll never forget him as Doomsday in Smallville because I hated that character. Why does the bad have such lingering effects? I'd rather the good linger.

message 36: by Ειρήνη (new)

Ειρήνη Bad things always traumatize us, even if they are just in TV :(
Your bad Sam/Aidan/Doomsday memories are hard to get away from... I'm sorry, Jackie.

(Doomsday? Really? How could anyone like a character named Doomsday? I never liked Smallville, anyway)

message 37: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I love Smallville but you're right Doomsday! WTH? But even before he evolved into Doomsday, he was a stalker creep. I think it's the stalker part that bothers me more. Now I sound really crazy, a stalker is scarier than Doomsday, hahaha

message 38: by Ειρήνη (new)

Ειρήνη A stalker creep? I hate those guys! I think I'm starting to dislike him, even though I have never seen him in Smallville...

a stalker IS scarier than Doomsday

message 39: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments As a woman, I have to agree: creepy stalker sexual predators are the scariest thing on Earth.

message 40: by Ειρήνη (new)

Ειρήνη OMG! THEY ARE!

(I had to use capital letters lol)

message 41: by Angie (new)

Angie Spoilers:

OMG ok so the whole eating pregnant person was like WHOA! And then I can't believed the red head got killed off the show. So bummed about that!

message 42: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (kheckart) | 456 comments I was wondering if they would actually show the pregnant woman's babies get eaten.

I was shocked to see Aidan kill her--can't recall her name at the moment. I guess she wanted to die because she was one of the 'mistakes' and didn't really belong there or want to be there. Poor Aidan.

message 43: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I watched last week and this week's episodes, and I'm pleased that mostly everything was unique to this version. I knew Rebecca would get killed because her counterpart Lauren did.
I'm liking this show more as it diverges away from the original.

Angie, eating a pregnant woman was nasty, and Bishop said something like, Dig in, they're twins in there. Pretty sick and twisted. I'm annoyed that Aidan and Rebecca helped the old creep, they should have let Bishop kill him.

message 44: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (kheckart) | 456 comments He is creepy. I wonder why they helped him. Maybe Aidan thinks Bishop is more dangerous than the creepy Dutch vamps.

message 45: by Jackie (last edited Mar 29, 2011 09:48PM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Bishop's ideas are dangerous.
I like Bishop, so the old creep would get a sword to the neck if it were up to me. Besides, I'd be more afraid of crossing Bishop than Ole Creepy.

message 46: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (kheckart) | 456 comments I get the feeling there is more to learn about the relationship between Bishop and Aidan. Aidan used to really like Bishop and now he can't stand to be around him. Something must have happened.

message 47: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments The UK version has it that Mitchell(Aidan) outgrew Herrick (Bishop) when he fell in love with a human in the 1960's.

But I think this version has more time, episode-wise, to be able to explore their relationship in more depth.

message 48: by Ειρήνη (new)

Ειρήνη Just saw the season finale... (view spoiler)

message 49: by Dee (new)

Dee Sibert | 16 comments Eirini wrote: "Just saw the season finale... [spoilers removed]"

I loved it but also bummed about that.

message 50: by Kelley (new)

Kelley (kheckart) | 456 comments Yeah, I was surprised that Bishop was killed because I thought there was more to learn about him and Aidan and their love/hate relationship.

And Nora getting scratched--very interesting to see what happens there.

I am enjoying this series more now. At first I wasn't sure about it.

« previous 1