Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > Favorite Paranormal Romance Novel

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Autumn (new)

Autumn | 5 comments I just finished reading Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6) by Richelle Mead , the last book in the "Vampire Academy Series." I thought this series was better than the Twilight novels, and I love those, so that's saying something. I want to continue reading paranormal romances, so do you have any favorites you think I should read? Everything from vampires to fairies are acceptable!

message 2: by Gaynell (new)

Gaynell (gaynellk) | 20 comments Although they are Urban Fantasy, you might like the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews, The Fever series by Karen Marie Moning, and the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs. Although I haven't read Vampire Academy yet (They are part of my March challenge), it seems that they are similar to these series as the romance develops over several books.

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 608 comments I didn't care for the Vampire Academy book (the first one) but we all have our things that we like or dislike (I was turned off entirely by the "feeders" concept). My favorite faery series are The Iron Fey books by Julie Kagawa (there are three and there will be a fourth). My favorite YA series of all is The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare (I love Twilight too but these are better) and they have vampires and fairies and more.

Juana "Darkness" Duran | 109 comments Well I can't choose I have many favorites. I hate when I can't make up my mind, I mean every book has it's good point right.

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura Williams | 21 comments It looks like you like YA Books...

YA- Linger and Shiver
The Mortal Instrument Series
The Hunger Games (Not paranormal but really good)
House of the Night (I liked the first few books but I don't like the direction those books have gone in)

Here are some of my favorites that aren't YA-
Everything by Richelle Meade...Succubus Blues and Dark Swan series
Night Huntress
Sookie Stackhouse

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 608 comments My favorites NOT YA:
The Tairen Soul series by C.L. Wilson (fantasy romance)
Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon (Scotland time travel)
Sevenwaters series by Juliet Marillier (4th Century Ireland/Britain with the fey (the ones people believed in then)
Bridei Chronicles also by Juliet Marillier -same general era as Sevenwaters - lots of the faery

They are way out front in "best" series for me. The Marillier books are not real graphic (sex) but not considered YA She also has two YA books about the faery Wildwood Dancing and the sequel Cybele's Secret.

message 7: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (abeautifulbook) | 3 comments Autumn wrote: "I just finished reading Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6) by Richelle Mead, the last book in the "Vampire Academy Series." I thought this series was better than the Twilight novels, and I love those, so that's say..."

The Vampire Academy books are my favorite!! But, I liked the Thirst books.(By Christopher Pike) They arnt like anything I had ever read before and they keep you guessing. Also, The Darkest Powers books by Kelly Armstrong are good. Hope that helps(:

message 8: by Schay (new)

Schay | 72 comments For YA, the first books that come to mind is the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead.
In the adult genre, it's between the Sookie Stackhouse series byCharlaine Harris and the Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost.

message 9: by jD (new)

jD (jd_4everbooked) | 152 comments Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) wrote: "My favorites NOT YA:
The Tairen Soul series by C.L. Wilson (fantasy romance)
Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon (Scotland time travel)
Sevenwaters series by Juliet Marillier (4th Century Ireland/Br..."

I am with you on The Tairen Soul series by C.L. Wilson and Sevenwaters...love those books.

From a love story perspective -- Bella and Zadist are unchallenged as my favorite.

I have a new one that I am falling hard for, Vampires In America. Cyn and Raphael are wondful and not YA.
Raphael (Vampires in America, #1) by D.B. Reynolds

message 10: by Karma (new)

Karma I'd have to vote for any Karen Marie Moning--Highlander and Fever Series have great romance.

message 11: by C.J. (new)

C.J. Archer (cjarcher) | 49 comments For YA - Cassandra Clare and Libba Bray.
Non-YA - Juliet Marillier and Karen Marie Moning.

I hope you find something you like among everyone's suggestions.

message 12: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latashamd) | 71 comments I just finished Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare... if you have read her Mortal Instruments series, I HIGHLY recommend this book. It's the start to a new series, but I feel like it's so much better than MI. Which is saying something, because I looooove those books!

You should also try the Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost. <3 Cat and Bones!!

message 13: by Savannah (new)

Savannah | 1 comments Autumn wrote: "I just finished reading Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6) by Richelle Mead, the last book in the "Vampire Academy Series." I thought this series was better than the Twilight novels, and I love those, so that's say..."

I agree with you that the vampire academy series is better than twilight ;D I think that if you haven't already, check out Richelle meads adult series like Dark Swan, and Georgina Kincaid. Also, Any books by Kim Harrison are very enjoyable.

message 14: by Denise (new)

Denise | 42 comments Gosh, this is a tough one!

YA is easy. I go with the Vampire Academy series and Nightshade. I just finished reading it and loved it! The Hunger Games didn't do anything for me.

Adult - ugh...J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood, Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress series. Lynn Viehl's Darkyn series, and Gena Showalter's Lords of the Underworld series. Ok, have to stop now or there will be no end!! LOL

message 15: by jD (new)

jD (jd_4everbooked) | 152 comments Savannah wrote: "Autumn wrote: "I just finished reading Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6) by Richelle Mead, the last book in the "Vampire Academy Series." I thought this series was better than the Twilight novels, and I love those..."

I thought Dark Swan was YA. That one has caught my eye before. I will go back and take a look. Not sure why I never looked at Georgia Kinkade. Thanks for the recommendations. I will investigate both series.

message 16: by Taz-xo (new)

Taz-xo (tasnim91) | 2 comments you should read Lili St. Crow's Strange Angels series, there are three out so far and a fourth one out this year which i'm really excited about! It's a YA series with a sort of love triangle.

A MUST read is Chloe Neill's Chicagoland Vamps series, if you like vampire academy and twilight i PROMISE you will LOVE her series!! Also YA and also has a love triangle. - My fave series ever (:

Rachel Vincents Shifter series is amazing too!

message 17: by Autumn (new)

Autumn | 5 comments Thank you all for your suggestions! I think I'll be adding several books to my "to-read" list! :D