European Royalty discussion

European Royalty Discussions > The Princes in the Tower

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melloveschallah) | 1 comments Who do you guys think murdered Edward, Prince of Wales and his younger brother Richard, heirs to the York throne during the Wars of the Roses? Richard III? Henry Tudor (Henry VII)? Just wondering what people think. Were they murdered at all?

message 2: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (sarawesq) | 2153 comments Great question! In my opinion they were definitely murdered. As to who did it, my opinion tends to vary with what I've read most recently! :) At first, I was sure Richard did it (I think based on Weir's book). Then I read a novel that pinned the blame on Buckingham, which seemed plausible (maybe Sunne in Splendour by SKP? I read it a few years ago and can't keep straight which author thought what because I read a couple Richard books at that time). I don't think I've ever really thought Henry did it, although I could see his motivation for it.

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jhaltenburger) If you want to read something short and fascinating about this, read Josephine Tey's The Daughter of Time The Daughter of Time by Josephine Tey . I really enjoyed this-- the approach is a modern day detective solving this mystery.