Book Club discussion

2010 Los Angeles Book Festival

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by M. Salahuddin (last edited Feb 28, 2011 12:11AM) (new)

M. Salahuddin (salagar08) | 23 comments Whoopee! My book Sikander has won the 2010 Los Angeles Book Festival Award!
It won in the general fiction category AND has been named overall winner!Sikander

Award ceremony is next Friday evening (March 4th) at Roosevelt Hotel, Hollywood, CA. Can't wait!!

message 2: by Reena (new)

Reena Jacobs (reenajacobs) | 95 comments Congratulations. :)

message 3: by M. Salahuddin (new)

M. Salahuddin (salagar08) | 23 comments Reena wrote: "Congratulations. :)"

Thank you!

message 4: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 131 comments Congrats Salahuddin!!!

message 5: by M. Salahuddin (new)

M. Salahuddin (salagar08) | 23 comments Amazing night at the LA Book Festival Awards at the charming Roosevelt Hotel (site of the very first Oscars in 1929)!

There's nothing quite like external validation and accepting the top prize in a room full of like-minded peers! Lot's of people (award judges in particular) clamoring for a movie of the book!

It was the first award for a first novel. It might have been the first and only, or the first of many, but as a first, it's permanently etched into my heart and mind as an indelibly warm memory. I made several new friends and it was a great platform to promote SIKANDER to the Hollywood community.

I also got a resounding cheer upon announcing the signup up of NYC-based LJK Literary Management's Larry Kirshbaum (formerly Chairman and CEO of TimeWarner Books and Publisher's Weekly Publisher-of-the-Year for 2005) as my agent on Wednesday. Onward and upward!

Visit www.sikanderbook.com for more info.

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rachelkelman) | 19 comments A belated congratulations to you!

message 7: by Joel (new)

Joel (joelarnold) | 2 comments Congratulations! That sounds wonderful.

message 8: by M. Salahuddin (new)

M. Salahuddin (salagar08) | 23 comments Rachel wrote: "A belated congratulations to you!"

Salahuddin wrote: "Amazing night at the LA Book Festival Awards at the charming Roosevelt Hotel (site of the very first Oscars in 1929)!

There's nothing quite like external validation and accepting the top prize in..."

Thank you Rachel! Had another great day briefing the literary agent and his staff in their NYC offices.

message 9: by M. Salahuddin (new)

M. Salahuddin (salagar08) | 23 comments Joel wrote: "Congratulations! That sounds wonderful."

Hey Joel, many thanks!

message 10: by M. Salahuddin (new)

M. Salahuddin (salagar08) | 23 comments Hi all, hot news in the past week. On the 12th of May I learned that SIKANDER was named Grand Prize winner of the Paris Book Festival's 2011 Awards and yesterday SIKANDER was named the WINNER of the National Indie Excellence Awards 2011 Prize for the Multi-Cultural Fiction category. Three top awards in three months!! We are on a roll...

http://www.sikanderbook.com

message 11: by Snapdragon (new)

Snapdragon (snapdragons) Fantastic. Congratulations Salahuddin.

message 12: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rachelkelman) | 19 comments Awesome, congrats!

message 13: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Lang | 7 comments Congratulations!

message 14: by M. Salahuddin (new)

M. Salahuddin (salagar08) | 23 comments Thanks much Rachel, Elizabeth and Snapdragon!

message 15: by M. Salahuddin (new)

M. Salahuddin (salagar08) | 23 comments More wins for SIKANDER :

2011 Beach Book Festival - #1 in Fiction category
2011 New York Book Festival - #2 in Fiction category
2011 Hollywood Book Festival - #1 in Fiction category

|:~)))