Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

TV/Movies/Music > your favorite music

Comments Showing 1-50 of 65 (65 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by exxcentrica (last edited Feb 28, 2011 09:31PM) (new)

exxcentrica I'm curious as to what types of music other PNR/UF lovers listen to. Even though I will listen to just about anything, I was into Goth and Industrial music way back when vampires and werewolves were still Horror. What I'm trying to say is that I feel my literary and musical tastes complement each other. But I don't have many friends with the same tastes in books that I do, so I'd like to know what you listen to. Thanks!

message 2: by Lacie (new)

Lacie (Darkangel78) (darkangel78) | 18 comments I listen to a little of everything, but mostly rock and metal.
I love Nightwish, HammerFall, Shinedown and of course the classics (AC/DC, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi...).

message 3: by *Ash* (new)

*Ash* (ashdex) | 73 comments I love rock, metal, alternative, pop rock, oldies. I'm not a fan of much rap or R&B, or country.

message 4: by Candy (new)

Candy | 4 comments I like everything but polka. When I read I mostly listen to a playlist of Jazz/Blues/Folk (Eva Cassidy, Diana Krall, Norah Jones, etc.)

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: (vanesmate) System of a Down, Flyleaf, Paramore, Chevelle, 30STM..those are my favs!

message 6: by ~* Tinne *~ (last edited Mar 09, 2011 05:23AM) (new)

~* Tinne *~ | 2 comments My favorite music changes, depending the mood I'm in. But it stays in the "rock"-category. changes between metal, hard rock, rock ... Currently, I'm in a "Three Days Grace" period ... :-)

message 7: by Jacquel (new)

Jacquel (clairevioletthorpe) | 127 comments I like rock/pop music mainly.

message 8: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (shinhbang) | 152 comments Lacie wrote: "I listen to a little of everything, but mostly rock and metal.
I love Nightwish, HammerFall, Shinedown and of course the classics (AC/DC, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi...)."

Great choices!

message 9: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (shinhbang) | 152 comments I listen to various kinds of music. Rock, Alternative Rock, Japanese rock, Korean Pop, Piano music, instrumentals. Can't list any specific singers or groups right now because it'll be a LONG list. :)

message 10: by Lisa M (new)

Lisa M (lamessegee) | 248 comments I'm almost always plugged into my iPod while I'm reading PNR. I listen to Rock and Alternative. At this very minute I'm listening to Collective Soul. I listen to a lot of Lifehouse, The Goo Goo Dolls, Hinder, Collective Soul, One Republic, Vertical Horizon, 3 Doors Down, Linkin Park, Nickelback, Theory of a Deadman, Mat Kearny, Matt Nathanson, The Last Goodnight ...

message 11: by Schay (last edited Mar 17, 2011 03:54AM) (new)

Schay | 72 comments My all time favourte band is Paramore (RIP), because they introduced me to the world of alternative rock and all other types of rock music
I also listen to Evanescence, Flyleaf, Kings of Leon, 30 Seconds to Mars (I <3 Jared Leto), Fall Out Boy, Hollywood Undead, Linkin Park, Jay-Z, Kanye West, Rihanna, Lady Gaga...
I pretty much listen to all types of music though :)

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Metal, rock and classical <3

Some fav bands are Kamelot, Within Temptation, Leave's eyes, Nightwish (the "old"), Muse, Three days Grace, Disturbed, Sonata Arctica, Lacuna Coil, Breaking Benjamin and Dimmu Borgir.

and alot of classical music from diffrent artists

message 13: by Candy (new)

Candy | 4 comments Schay wrote: "My all time favourte band is Paramore (RIP), because they introduced me to the world of alternative rock and all other types of rock music
I also listen to Evanescence, Flyleaf, Kings of Leon, 30 ..."

I like your eclectic taste in music and I love Evanescence!

message 14: by Matty (new)

Matty | 5 comments Lacie wrote: "I listen to a little of everything, but mostly rock and metal.
I love Nightwish, HammerFall, Shinedown and of course the classics (AC/DC, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi...)."

that the best kind

message 15: by Carrie (new)

Carrie | 30 comments I love rock and hard rock mostly, but I also listen to a little pop (blushes). I blame that on my kids and my students! lol! My favorite bands are Blue October and Sick Puppies. And way back when, I was into 80's new wave like Depeche Mode and The Cure.

For some reason, I get super creative when I listen to Blue October. A lot of the ideas for my stories came to me when I was listening to them. :)

message 16: by QuotetheRaven (new)

QuotetheRaven | 8 comments I listen to The Goo Goo Dolls, U2, The Cure, 30stm (Leto's freaking HOT) Three Days Grace, Lifehouse, Breaking Benjamin, Cartel, Green Day, HIM, Linkin Park, Our Lady Peace, People in Planes, And many many more.. :)

message 17: by La La (last edited Apr 29, 2011 08:15AM) (new)

La La | 245 comments I love trip hop, lounge, soulful house, old school neo soul, 80/90's R&B/Hip Hop (love me some old school Mary J), some alternative, and old school rap (I go crazy when I see the Kia commercial with the hamster doing Black Sheep).

When I read I'm usually listening to Sia, Mocheeba, Cee-lo Green, Goldfrapp, The Gorillaz, or Lamb to name a few. Right now I'm addicted to Drake's album.

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: (vanesmate) Schay wrote: "My all time favourte band is Paramore (RIP), because they introduced me to the world of alternative rock and all other types of rock music
I also listen to Evanescence, Flyleaf, Kings of Leon, 30 ..."

I LOVE Jared Leto too!!!

message 19: by Anita (new)

Anita Clenney (anitaclenney) | 212 comments I love a mix of music from Loreena McKennitt to Evanescence to Nickleback, but I don't usually listen to music when I write or read. I need silence.

message 20: by Melody (new)

Melody (mel_expo) | 3 comments I love listening to rap, hip-hop, r&b, trip hop, tencho, pop, rock, trance, jrock (japanese rock), jpop (japanese pop), kpop(korean pop), other asian music, and much more.

Evanescence, Flyleaf, Within Temptation, Dir en Grey, The Gazette, etc.

message 21: by Cassie (new)

Cassie  (CassieVylon) | 13 comments I'm a mix of many things. Let's see... Rap, Punk, Techno, Industrial, Darkwave, Electro, (All Kinds) Metal, Alternative, Trance, Screamo, etc.

Some of my favorites: Icon For Hire, Fit For Rivals, Of Mice & Men, Escape The Fate, etc.

message 22: by Wan (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 195 comments I love classic rock. The real thing you know Led Zeppelin, AD/DC, Scorpions etc.

message 23: by C.C. (new)

C.C. | 219 comments My taste usually depends on my mood, but I usually listen to rock (any kind) jpop(anime theme songs) and oldies music from the 80's-90's. I also listen to rap but only if it's Eminem. Actually I would listen to anything that had good lyrics and catchy beat.

message 24: by Elle (new)

Elle Doe (thegrandlowblood) | 15 comments I listen to Steampunk/ Cabaret goth.

Voltaire, Creature Feature, The Clockwork Dolls, Abney Park, Johnny Hollow...

message 25: by Nepeta (new)

Nepeta Leijon | 25 comments Elle, you are BOSS.

Abney Park for the win.

message 26: by Beth (new)

Beth (vanburren) | 22 comments I listen to many different kinds of music....anything that catches my fancy. I like everything from Otis Redding to LL Cool J to John Denver to Led Zepplin to The Blue Man Group to Train to Jesse Cook to Ludacris to Simon & Garfunkel. I just love good music period....good beats, beautiful melodies, hard beats and funky lyrics....I like it all.

message 27: by Nepeta (new)

Nepeta Leijon | 25 comments Anything that's Cabaret Goth.

Nannie Katherine "MiMi" (infamousmimi) | 37 comments Gaelic, Celtic, Scottish, & Irish. I love it all!

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Evanescence, Nightwish, Within Temptation, Lacuna Coil, Otep, The Pretty Reckless, Halestorm, Fireflight, Skillet, Disturbed, Arch Enemy, Cradle of Filth :))

message 30: by Barb (new)

Barb (unicorn6482) | 23 comments I mostly listen to rock and alt music. Im really into mostly current music now; especially Shinedown and Seether but i do like some pop music too.

message 31: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (tralo29) all kinds of music, fave bands include Paramore, metric, Passion pit, sick puppies, Hollywood infrastructure, kings of Leon...lots of indie

message 32: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (ladyfalcon) | 52 comments 60s-90s rock and roll...

message 33: by Paris (kerbytejas) (last edited Nov 13, 2012 11:51AM) (new)

Paris        (kerbytejas) (kerbytejas) | 112 comments I mainly listen to Progressive Metal (including female fronted, industrial, depressive, black, symphonic, druge, power, pagan, folk)
very seldom listen to mainstream radio - have a 2TB hard drive with music on it - and play from there on from my MP3 player

Paris        (kerbytejas) (kerbytejas) | 112 comments deleted user wrote: "Evanescence, Nightwish, Within Temptation, Lacuna Coil, Otep, The Pretty Reckless, Halestorm, Fireflight, Skillet, Disturbed, Arch Enemy, Cradle of Filth :))"

good choices

Paris        (kerbytejas) (kerbytejas) | 112 comments Mrs.Norman wrote: "Schay wrote: "My all time favourte band is Paramore (RIP), because they introduced me to the world of alternative rock and all other types of rock music
I also listen to Evanescence, Flyleaf, Kings..."

Jared's 30 seconds to mars is a great band - I have all the albums - have you seen the BDSM video for Hurricane?

Paris        (kerbytejas) (kerbytejas) | 112 comments the censored video is hard to find but here is a link and a great review of the video and its meaning

http://true-color-of-mind.blogspot.co...

message 37: by Manya (new)

Manya Spain Becker (monstermanya) | 3 comments My husband is a Cure fan...Me I love the Killers, U2, Depeche Mode, Garbage,old Inxs, The Beatles...list could go on and on but those are a few!

message 38: by Pete (new)

Pete Garza | 30 comments I like diffrent types ofrock and Heavy Metal musiv ( except metalica, they suck ) but mostely syphonic metal, goh, and death metal.

Paris        (kerbytejas) (kerbytejas) | 112 comments Pete wrote: "I like diffrent types ofrock and Heavy Metal musiv ( except metalica, they suck ) but mostely syphonic metal, goh, and death metal."

well Pete maybe some time we should share notes -- going to Epica/Insomnium 11/21 - Hubby taking the band out for Texas BBQ before concert - I have to work!

message 40: by Sherrod (new)

Sherrod Wall (wallflower48) | 13 comments I like all genres of music, but haven't really felt country yet. Alternative and all the sun genres it represents is near and dear to me though. some of my favorite bands/artists/groups you'll find me singing, dancing and writing too are: the mars Volta, Coldplay, tool, Kendrick Lamar, the weekend, the red hot chili peppers, John Frusciante's solo work, Soundgarden (not their recent album which I cry About daily), Chris Cornell's solo work, Florence and the Machine, Bjork, The Arcade Fire, Johnny Cash, bob Dylan, the Beatles.... It could go on and on lol.

message 41: by Megan (new)

Megan (megandurrence) | 78 comments Really, I listen to all kinds of music except Rap and Screamo, but that's because I can't understand what they are saying, therefore I'm not able to sing along. I mostly listen to Alternative Rock. Grouplove is my favorite band! I enjoy Mumford and Sons, Of Monsters and Men, The Lumineers, The Black Keys, Paramore, The Killers, Imagine Dragon, F.U.N. and other bands along that line.

I respect the classics and love 80s music, too. Though, I'm horrible with band names and song titles from that time.

I usually don't listen to music as I'm reading because, like I said, I like to sing along. I can't concentrate on a book while rocking out to my jam ;P

message 42: by Sherrod (new)

Sherrod Wall (wallflower48) | 13 comments I'm glad someone mentioned grouplove :) I have loved them since I heard colours for the first time on Alt Nation about a year ago. I haven't gotten to listen to Imagine Dragons full album quite yet but Radioactive is a pretty sick song and gets me singing along every time I hear it.

message 43: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmadedtired) | 14 comments Manya wrote: "My husband is a Cure fan...Me I love the Killers, U2, Depeche Mode, Garbage,old Inxs, The Beatles...list could go on and on but those are a few!"

Nice! Just my taste.

message 44: by Pegs099 (new)

Pegs099 | 3 comments Im a fan of rock and metal music ! Among my favorite bands are blind guardian, iced earth, elvenking, Avantasia, BFMV.... \m/

message 45: by Imnothing (new)

Imnothing Yo Nada | 1 comments Kpop music...
I Loved Big Bang, 2NE1, Evol,.D-Unit, Aziatix....

message 46: by Sascha (last edited Jan 23, 2014 10:04AM) (new)

Sascha Illyvich (saschaillyvich) | 31 comments *Kyhm* wrote: "I'm curious as to what types of music other PNR/UF lovers listen to. Even though I will listen to just about anything, I was into Goth and Industrial music way back when vampires and werewolves wer..."

I seem to dig deeper into progmetal, progressive death metal, EBM, Aggro-tek, industrial, goth (metal and otherwise) with a little darkwave thrown in for good measure.

Of course I write to that also. Makes for fun stories when jamming Mudvayne or Ego Likeness!

Oh, and a healthy dose of Djent-metal.

Sascha

message 47: by Sascha (new)

Sascha Illyvich (saschaillyvich) | 31 comments Carrie wrote: "I love rock and hard rock mostly, but I also listen to a little pop (blushes). I blame that on my kids and my students! lol! My favorite bands are Blue October and Sick Puppies. And way back when,..."

That's because when Blue October came out (they're local to my hometown!) they were dark and heavy, lyrically. Musically they've grown but seeing them live is AMAZING, or it was ten years ago!

Sascha

message 48: by Paris (kerbytejas) (last edited Jan 23, 2014 02:42PM) (new)

Paris        (kerbytejas) (kerbytejas) | 112 comments deleted user wrote: "Metal, rock and classical <3

Some fav bands are Kamelot, Within Temptation, Leave's eyes, Nightwish (the "old"), Muse, Three days Grace, Disturbed, Sonata Arctica, Lacuna Coil, Breaking Benjamin a..."

I could have written this post - I'll add Candlemass, fintroll, Agalloch, Eluveitie, amon amarth, amorphis, Evergray, Diary of Dreams and about 1000 other metal bands ( all types - have a huge collection - old and new)
Hubby does band photography as a hobby - going to Sweden next month to do album shoot for female fronted metal band

check out my lastFM profile for music

http://www.last.fm/user/kerbytejas?ut...

message 49: by Oleander (new)

Oleander | 92 comments Sascha wrote: "Carrie wrote: "I love rock and hard rock mostly, but I also listen to a little pop (blushes). I blame that on my kids and my students! lol! My favorite bands are Blue October and Sick Puppies. And..."

Happy to report that Blue October is still a great band to see in concert, although crowded. They always sell out up here in Dallas. I go see them whenever they are in town

message 50: by Pati (new)

Pati (patimay) Five Finger Death Punch, Papa Roach, Sick Puppies, Seether, Avenged Sevenfold, Art of Dying, etc.etc.etc.

« previous 1