Q & A With Red Haircrow discussion

Non-writing Topics > What else do you do besides write?

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Red (last edited Feb 27, 2011 09:05PM) (new)

Red Haircrow (redhaircrow) | 183 comments Mod
My professional career started out in law enforcement, but because I am a very curious person who loves learning, I've had a wide range of jobs I've done in order to pick up new information. I've been a baker, a bodyguard, a Klingon (for a convention group), among other things. I currently work as a private chef, writer, reviewer and business owner, and study as a graduate student in Psychology.

For other literary pursuits, I operate the review/interview site Flying With Red Haircrow, which accepts all genres, fiction and non-fiction, at my discretion. Additionally, I am a guest reviewer at Queer Magazine Online and a regular reviewer at Ebook Addict Reviews.

On a personal note, I care very dearly for my friends, like to travel, learn new languages, play RPG video games and watch sci-fi or fantasy films and series. I have a particular fondness for anime.

message 2: by Red (new)

I should add that besides writing and the other things listed above: I like to sleep. Only, not exactly sleep sometimes, but simply lay and think. That's one of the main ways I plot out a story. I invent it completely in my mind, and then at some point write it all down.

Resting is underrated LOL

message 3: by KB (new)

KB Love is our weapon (kaitybugs) | 10 comments Hahaha. I always come up with my best ideas when tired or in church XD. I'm glad to see that a published author enjoys to do things I do.

message 4: by Red (new)

I sometimes joke that I'm giving myself a self-inflicted mullet from laying down so much :-)

message 5: by KB (new)

KB Love is our weapon (kaitybugs) | 10 comments My hair just puffs out on the sides and looks like a mushroom ;P I don't even like mushrooms...

message 6: by Red (new)

Eclectic hair is the key to creativity.

message 7: by KB (new)

KB Love is our weapon (kaitybugs) | 10 comments Hahaha. For sure. ^_^ This may seem like an odd question but I ask it to everyone. Do you believe in magic?

message 8: by Red (new)

First, it would it depend on your definition of magic.

I've seen things which some might call magic, or something amazing occurred which was magical. It would be described different ways in different countries.

I had a great-grandmother who was a witch and practiced magic, but of the dark, dangerous variety. So that was more like sorcery.

Strictly if 'yes' or 'no', I would say, I don't disbelief.

♫ Emily ♫ Heda Lives On ♫ Does my poltergeist count as magic? He was tickling a strand of hair on my neck a minute ago.

message 10: by KB (new)

KB Love is our weapon (kaitybugs) | 10 comments Hahaha. That's a new answer. In my view you answered correctly but that's purely opinion. I believe that magic does exist. I'm actually best friends with a witch, have a poltergeist and am a medium myself.

♫ Emily ♫ Heda Lives On ♫ I need inspiration for a poem or a story, because not even Green Day, Paramore, Evanescence, Linkin Park or Red Jumpsuit Apparatus is giving me ideas.

♫ Emily ♫ Heda Lives On ♫ KB (Beautiful Existence) wrote: "Hahaha. That's a new answer. In my view you answered correctly but that's purely opinion. I believe that magic does exist. I'm actually best friends with a witch, have a poltergeist and am a medium..."

Witch best friend is right here....

message 13: by Red (new)

If the definition is something inexplicable or unexplainable which occurs...

Then I would ask what is one's definition of a witch. That also can vary from country to country, culture to culture.

♫ Emily ♫ Heda Lives On ♫ I can make stuff move with my mind. For me, if you count anything weird happening with no apparent cause, that to me means you're a witch (or wizard).

message 15: by KB (new)

KB Love is our weapon (kaitybugs) | 10 comments Well medium is pretty straight forward. I can see ghosts and speak to them, I also can see future events.

♫ Emily ♫ Heda Lives On ♫ So that's what happens when you space out on the phone....

Anyways i think i'm having writer's block on everything happy. or should i just find bands that don't write sad music?

message 17: by KB (new)

KB Love is our weapon (kaitybugs) | 10 comments Can't you find inspiration that won't possibly become copyright? Like nature?

♫ Emily ♫ Heda Lives On ♫ I've tried that, and besides motorcycles or trains that make me lose my train of thought, nothing works! Oh well, i can always come back to that whenever i get an idea.

Hey, whats your top ten favorite songs??

message 19: by Red (new)

Replaying Shadow Hearts, an RPG by Sacnoth. It's the 2nd game after Koudelka, a horror RPG. Currently in the Ni Wan Palace in China, trying to gain entry into the main temple.

message 20: by Red (new)

Trying to complete the Queen of Cards side quest on Final Fantasy 8 before leaving behind my US PS2. Requires you play the game through to a certain point, and its a RPG that requires quite a few hours.

message 21: by ♥Lynn ♥ (new)

♥Lynn ♥ My other loves besides writing would be my 4 kids, husband, camping, hiking, water rafting, anything outdoors. I also love music. I love putting on good music while cooking dinner and dancing with my kids. Huge stress release!

When taking in my cousin's children 5 years ago, I stopped going to school. I am finally going back in August. I only have 30 hours left to a degree in Psychology.

I love talking. I love getting to know people and listening to their stories. I just love people in general. I work with adults with disabilities. I love my job!

message 22: by Red (new)

I too will complete my degree in Psychology within the year, however I don't know if I'll go into clinical practice. I am considering a certificate from the Jung Institute in Switzerland to be a child & adolescent psychiatrist but undecided as I know the level of energy this would involve.

message 23: by ♥Lynn ♥ (last edited Jun 01, 2011 08:42AM) (new)

♥Lynn ♥ I think I will stay in the same field of working with special needs adults. I would also like to create a counseling group for LGBT teens in my area.

message 24: by ♥Lynn ♥ (new)

♥Lynn ♥ Red, you should write a bodyguard piece, that would be an interesting read.

message 25: by Red (new)

LOL I was a bodyguard for a Danish celebrity for a while. It was...interesting, to be sure, as he had a propensity for going to sleep wherever he might be, after having a drink. Even if it was in a mosh pit. Somewhat dangerous in an abstract way. His story would be a comedy.