Barnes & Noble Nook discussion

eBook Lending > Suze's Lending Shelf

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Suze (new)

Suze (suzed) | 13 comments I'm too lazy to find out how to list it under my name :), so the link to the shelf is here:

http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/...

Just let me know what you want and you'll get it ASAP!

message 2: by Carol (new)

Carol Thanks for posting your list, Suze. I was about to drop out of this lending group because I was having so much trouble finding good lendable books to purchase. It seems like most of the lendables are either romance or erotica, and I'm not interested in those books.
Your list is great. I would like to borrow John Muir's Alaska.
Since my list of lendables is very sparse, is there a lendable you were thinking of buying? Maybe I could buy that and trade with you.
Any tips for finding good lendables?

message 3: by Carol (new)

Carol Here's my pitiful lending shelf. I'm working on enlarging it ASAP!

http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/...

message 4: by Suze (new)

Suze (suzed) | 13 comments Carol,
I agree with you completely about the lendable books. Not a really good selection, too much romance junk. Yuck. I love historical fiction and a good mystery, wish I could find some good lendables in those categories!
I will happily lend the Alaska book to you, and you don't have to do anything for me. I'm just happy to share it with you!
Finding good lendables? I really haven't a clue, since most of the ones offered by BM are only lendable for a short time. Hard to keep up.
Let me know your email address and I'll lend you that book or any others you're interested in! I recommend 'Lion of Ireland' if you're into historical fiction....but it's a long read.
Let me know!
Suze

message 5: by Carol (new)

Carol Suze wrote: "Carol,
I agree with you completely about the lendable books. Not a really good selection, too much romance junk. Yuck. I love historical fiction and a good mystery, wish I could find some good lend..."

I added a couple of new books to my lendable shelf last night. They may interest you. My e-mail is carol_kumpf@yahoo.com Thank you for lending me the Alaska book!

message 6: by Suze (new)

Suze (suzed) | 13 comments Carol,

You can download the Alaska book anytime, email has been sent and you should have it soon. Enjoy!

Suze

message 7: by Carol (new)

Carol Suze wrote: "Carol,

You can download the Alaska book anytime, email has been sent and you should have it soon. Enjoy!

Suze"

Thank you!

message 8: by Suze (new)

Suze (suzed) | 13 comments You're very welcome!

message 9: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trixiefrench) | 3 comments Carol wrote: "Here's my pitiful lending shelf. I'm working on enlarging it ASAP!

http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/..."

LOL! Glad I'm not the only one with a wee little shelf :S. Working on it! And I'm with you gals...seems like a lot of lists are largely stuff I'm not usually looking for, so it's a lot of weeding through. Maybe we need a thread/group for non-erotica/romance LOL.

message 10: by Suze (new)

Suze (suzed) | 13 comments LOL! Glad I'm not the only one wit..."

I waited awhile to do mine (got my Nook in October) because I had so few. I suspect that most lending shelves are similar since BN holds the lending reins tightly. Also, some publishers are now saying that ebooks can only be loaned 26 times....in TOTAL, from all users. Can you believe that?

Anyway, we'll do our best to share what we can!