The Next Best Book Club discussion

Looking For Recommendations > Book recommendation

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jon (new)

Jon (FTSJ) | 10 comments Looking for a great book, preferably with a male main character. Thanks

message 2: by Lu (new)

Lu | 37 comments Vince Flynn--great reads.

message 3: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10035 comments Mod
Tom, perhaps narrowing it down a bit would help? Specific genre's you enjoy?

message 4: by Jon (new)

Jon (FTSJ) | 10 comments Anything

message 5: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 616 comments I like James Rollins and his action adventure books; also Matt Reilly (he writes more in the sci-fi/military realm)

message 6: by Alayna (new)

Alayna | 78 comments i just finished reading Fated by S.G. Browneand i absoutley loved it

message 7: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 266 comments Tom, I think you might enjoy Simon Lazarus by M.A. Kirkwood. It takes place in the late 1990's (the internet is very new in this book) but it has lots of classic rock references (I noted in your profile you like classic rock) and was a very enjoyable read. It's kind of like a modern day Catcher in the Rye.

message 8: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (thisoilfieldwife) | 134 comments Three Seconds is a really great book. It has a few main characters, and they are male. It is more of a drama/action/intrigue/spy type novel. And once you get through the first 50 pages or so, it just flies by like you wouldn't believe!

message 9: by Mary (new)

Mary (madamefifi) | 358 comments You might enjoy authors Tom Perrotta, Jonathan Tropper, and Dan Simmons.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey Tom, Here's a good short read that I really like - its The Surfer. It takes place in Hawaii and is vividly told. A tragedy brings the 30-something accountant, Walter there. He's a man on the edge and the ending will have you questioning whether he falls off. Really good writer.

message 11: by Scott (new)

Scott | 257 comments I just read Duma Key and it was excellent.

I would consider it suspense/thriller.

message 12: by Dalene (new)