Teen Book Club discussion

Welcome! > New People COME HERE FIRST!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 137 (137 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi I'm Nelly, also know as Crazy Writer, and Jocelyn.
As far as you know I'm a teen who lives in Canada, and the mod of this book-club! Here you can introduce yourself but please don't start long chats! We have other places for that! Anyways HAVE FUN!

message 2: by Nellee (new)

Nellee | 159 comments My names Nellee too (Only spelled differently)! I've actually written a book and self-published it through Createspace. It's Meeting Death (Kensey's Story).
I have a blog at http://nelleehorne.blogspot.com/
I'm fifteen, (Sixteen Mar 23), enjoy writing a lot, and reading.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Great! Finally a member! Tell your friends about this club and finally WELCOME! If you have any book suggestions for April I guess should be the official start date of reading and all I would love to hear them!

message 4: by Nellee (new)

Nellee | 159 comments Oh, I have some suggestions :) ...and I need some too :( lol

message 5: by Anjali (new)

Anjali | 11 comments Hey, I'm Anjali. And that's all you need to know

Camilli Hades Daughter (mihjackson) Just one thing : Cam,just call me Cam...All the rest time will show you.

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisaess) Hi, my name's Lisa! *waves* I have a blog over at http://readmebookmarkmeloveme.blogspo... :) Love YA books!

message 8: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (writers_soul) Hey, I'm Amanda and I'm obsessed with the Cirque Du Freak series, plus I'm also writing my own book, hope to publish it soon :)

message 9: by Nellee (new)

Nellee | 159 comments Awesome Amanda! I've written a book and published and let me tell you it is fun...even though it can be a little slow-paced when it comes to getting the word out. Go for it though! So worth it!

message 10: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (writers_soul) Nellee wrote: "Awesome Amanda! I've written a book and published and let me tell you it is fun...even though it can be a little slow-paced when it comes to getting the word out. Go for it though! So worth it!"

I can't wait to actually get it published! :) I'm thinking about going through creatspace too. Did you like going through there?

message 11: by Nellee (new)

Nellee | 159 comments Yes I did! The people on the forums are really nice and very helpful. I'll even help you. My username is Narnianqueen. You can get more money this route of publishing and there's also more satisfaction. I know my book was $14 and I was making $4 per copy I sold ( i reduced the price to draw people in) and with and ebook it's $3 and I get 70% of that. It'll be a better way to go if you want all the control and all the rights to your book. It might take a little time to get the word out to people other than your family and friends but it's definitely worth it :)

message 12: by The Lonely Angel (new)

The Lonely Angel I am Molly, the angel in hell to you other people. im changing my profile name now. my pic changing too. so dont call me molly unless for some random reason i change it back. but you may call me Insane, please :) i written a few stories i never finished but am planning to in the near future... hopefully.

message 13: by Kaytie (new)

Kaytie (katbug013) Ello im Katie but you can call me Kat or Kay-chan. I love mangas i read them 24/7. lol. i also write stories but i never finish =T.T= most are short stories, i also LOVE to draw anime.

message 14: by Via (last edited Mar 21, 2011 07:15PM) (new)

Via Love | 2 comments Hallo, I'm Vonny (or Via). I love YA romance, listening to music, and writing (mostly poetry). <3 <3 <3

message 15: by Via (new)

Via Love | 2 comments Katie wrote: "Ello im Katie but you can call me Kat or Kay-chan. I love mangas i read them 24/7. lol. i also write stories but i never finish =T.T= most are short stories, i also LOVE to draw anime."

I write short stories, too, and I NEVER finish. lol. Yay, I'm not alone.

Laura's Book Addiction | 1 comments Hi my names Laura I'm 25 and love reading YA! If any of you are on facebook please go "like" my page https://www.facebook.com/pages/YA-ind... where I post about all YA books and hold contest's =)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome everyone!

message 18: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey (omnomnomrawr3) | 5 comments Hi my name is Kelsey. I am 17 and I love to read. My blog is https://thingsithinkaboutwhenimbored....

message 19: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Nelums | 6 comments hey my name is natalie,

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Heyyyy im Farah Im also obssesed with the Cirque Du Freak series and IM AWESOME =)

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Farah, Natalie, and Kelsey

message 22: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Nelums | 6 comments Farah wrote: "Heyyyy im Farah Im also obssesed with the Cirque Du Freak series and IM AWESOME =)"

how awesome are you?

message 23: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (writers_soul) Nellee wrote: "Yes I did! The people on the forums are really nice and very helpful. I'll even help you. My username is Narnianqueen. You can get more money this route of publishing and there's also more satisfac..."

Cool :) I'll let you know if I need any help thanks :) and I think I'm going to buy a copy of your books soon, it sound good :)

message 24: by Nellee (new)

Nellee | 159 comments *gasps loudly

OMG thank you!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Natalie wrote: "Farah wrote: "Heyyyy im Farah Im also obssesed with the Cirque Du Freak series and IM AWESOME =)"

how awesome are you?"

AWESOMER THAN as awesome the awesome word is awesome which is awesome and awesome and awesome

message 26: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 25, 2011 01:45AM) (new)

Helloooooooo, I'm LAURA! I'm slightly (A bit more than slightly) crazy. I LOVE WRITING, READING,DRAWING... SHOOTING!
I'm 14, (I think) and live in Australia! I'm loud and easily irritated, not online of course because if i get irritated online it does no one any good... I go online for all day everyday until i decide to not go on for a week... So sorry if i suddenlt disappear... STUPID COMPUTER, (AKA. STUPID BRAIN!)

message 27: by Rieh (new)

Rieh Medin (dracosilverwolf) | 5 comments Hi! I'm Rieh, 21 and I love my YA books. It's about all I read in my free time. <3

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha cool

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

=)

message 30: by Alissa (new)

Alissa (icymist) | 7 comments Hi Everyone! I'm Alissa and I love the House of Night Series. :]

message 31: by Nellee (new)

Nellee | 159 comments OMG I'm about to read those. :)

message 32: by Alissa (new)

Alissa (icymist) | 7 comments They're so good. So far, there are 8 in the series. I can't wait for the 9th one to come out in the fall. :)

message 33: by Nellee (new)

Nellee | 159 comments Awesome, I can't wait to read them :)

message 34: by Alissa (new)

Alissa (icymist) | 7 comments Have you read any other series that are really good?

message 35: by Nellee (new)

Nellee | 159 comments The Mortal Instruments are my favorite so far. I've began to read The Immortals series. Just the first book, Evermore, but so far it sounds like it'll be a great series. Um... that's it so far that I know. I'm just starting to read more often. Used to I was just writing and watching tv.

message 36: by Alissa (new)

Alissa (icymist) | 7 comments Cool. What did you write about?

message 37: by Kaytie (new)

Kaytie (katbug013) i want one!!!!

message 38: by Nellee (new)

Nellee | 159 comments Alissa wrote: "Cool. What did you write about?"

Well, I'm writing a series call Kensey's Story about a girl who goes down a well and ends up in a magical land and she is stuck there for a certain amount of time.

Here's the link to it
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10...

I actually just sold a copy too! Only one this month...which is ok!

message 39: by Alissa (new)

Alissa (icymist) | 7 comments Wow! That's great! I will read it soon!

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome newcomers!

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

YES WELCOME =)

message 42: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (writers_soul) Nellee wrote: "*gasps loudly

OMG thank you!"

No problem :) I should be buying it sometime this week :)

message 43: by Nellee (new)

Nellee | 159 comments Cool!

message 44: by Emmaredfern (new)

Emmaredfern Redfern | 10 comments hi im emma

message 45: by Alissa (new)

Alissa (icymist) | 7 comments Hi Emma :)

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

HELLO

message 47: by Alissa (new)

Alissa (icymist) | 7 comments What would everyone like to talk about? Any ideas? topics? interests?

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome Emma!

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello everyone! I'm Mocha and i'm a book store employee in Canada. I'm a very active member here on GR and I've got my own blog "A Cupcake and A Latte" that i've recently started.

message 50: by Nellee (new)

Nellee | 159 comments I just followed you! Awesome blog!

« previous 1 3