Manga Book Club discussion

Questions > Can anyone actually draw manga?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hayden (new)

Hayden  (littlemisshayden) | 13 comments Everyone here seems to love manga so much (including me), but can any of you guys actually draw it well? I'm OK at it, but I'm only really good when I copy a picture.

message 2: by Hayden (new)

Hayden  (littlemisshayden) | 13 comments Me too... If I get round to it, I might upload one of my drawings on to my photos page. Actually, I'll do it now :)

message 3: by Hayden (new)

Hayden  (littlemisshayden) | 13 comments It's uploaded now :)

Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (chintotheexperiment) I can, but I'm aiming for a different style for my comic, since the story doesn't feel like a manga.

I'm bigger on originality, everything but one picture I've done is completely original...

message 5: by Hayden (new)

Hayden  (littlemisshayden) | 13 comments I can draw a few manga characters without copying, like Bakura Ryou and Ulti (shown on my photos page), but I at least need a little picture to get the eye-shape, or face-shape right.

message 6: by Kadie D♥ (new)

Kadie D♥ | 7 comments mine are a bit so-so I guess(not very beautiful), but they are better too when I look at a picture. I haven't really drawn any manga lately.

message 7: by Starbubbles, Respected Elder (new)

Starbubbles | 871 comments Mod
I don't have a very good artistic foundation to draw effectively. Plus, I don't have the patience to draw the form every time nor do I have the skill to replicate the same image from scratch more than once. It used to really bother me that I couldn't draw manga, but I've gotten over it

message 8: by Hayden (new)

Hayden  (littlemisshayden) | 13 comments I guess I just practised really hard until i got somewhere, and I just improved from there without knowing until I got to where I am now. It also helps if you read a lot of manga (which everybody does here).

Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (chintotheexperiment) Hayden wrote: "I guess I just practised really hard until i got somewhere, and I just improved from there without knowing until I got to where I am now. It also helps if you read a lot of manga (which everybody d..."

It does. It is considered easier to take manga styles you like and use them for your own. So, said a friend of mine.

message 10: by Miss, Group creator (new)

Miss (godblesseveryone) | 151 comments Mod
I can I just have to look at the picture and then I just drawl. I can get it almost preise to the original and sometimes completly accurate :-)
It takes me a while because I am a perfectionist though. :-!

Tetsu (Doki Doki ~♥) (chintotheexperiment) I'm a really sketchy artist so I purposely don't ink things well. Kekeke~
That and the style I'm using for the thing I'm doing now isn't supposed to be perfect.

message 12: by Diane (new)

Diane | 15 comments I draw the charaters really well but I have a issue with the format and were the camera should be facing.

message 13: by John (new)

John WIlliams | 1 comments For a start, you need to copy other characters and learn, that's how you get some knowledge on how to, and practice your hand and imagination. Thru time, you learn a lot while drawing other characters without even knowing it, and then you can move on to learning from some tutorials and practice, and after of course, a lot of practice, you would be able to draw your own characters without looking at others work. When I was learning, I had a big trouble with learning different facial expressions, I knew the basics but it wasn't enough, so I turned to tutorials like this http://www.painterartist.com/en/pages... and practiced a loooot, and without realized how much that helped, I was able to draw my first manga character without actually looking at any guides and photos :))