Fans of Amish Fiction discussion

Amish Book Discussions > Operation Bonnet by Kimberly Stuart

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Stuart | 12 comments Hi, Amish fiction folks!

I'm happy to have found you! My name is Kimberly Stuart and I love to read, love to write, and love a good story in any form. I also love chocolate, but I don't think you can help me with that. You can help me though, by considering picking up my new novel, Operation Bonnet, for your next read. It's Amish fiction...with a twist. I hope it makes you laugh, cry and leave the last page satisfied.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks much,

kimberly

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand Hi Kimberly! Welcome to the group :) It's so lovely to have authors drop by. We have your novel listed in our Authors section and I for one am definitely intrigued by it. Yet another book for the wishlist!

Just moving this to general discussions.

message 3: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Welcome to the group Kimberly! We are glad you found us too!

I just bought the kindle version of your book from Amazon! It looks like an interesting read! Thanks for stopping by to mention your book.

Every month, beginning on the 1st, we open a thread for nomination for the following month's group read. This thread is open until the 15th of the month when I pick a book using Random.org. Please feel free to nominate your book when you see the thread available tomorrow.

message 4: by Lorie (new)

Lorie | 1324 comments Mod
I just bought this book today too. It looks really good can't wait to read it.

message 5: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 81 comments Kimberly, I have had your book on my tbr shelf for a few weeks, hoping to read it sometime this week. I have read some fantastic reviews!

message 6: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Stuart | 12 comments Thanks for the warm welcome, ladies! I'm looking forward to great discussions and recommendations. And thanks for the tip, Diane, on nominating Operation Bonnet today. Don't tell my mother, please...She raised me to be self-EFFACING, not self-PROMOTING... :)

message 7: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand Sure, go ahead and nominate your book - we're always looking for new Amish fiction. So you're not only promoting your book, but helping us for our quest for good books :)

message 8: by Camille (new)

Camille (camlovesraptors) | 802 comments Yes, go ahead and nominate your book! We love having the authors involved in our discussions, it makes it so much more interesting!

message 9: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand Kimberly, you're mentioned in this article about publishing trends!

http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by...

"Operation Bonnet by Kimberly Stuart (David C. Cook, Feb.) pays tongue-in-cheek homage to the category in a humorous tale of a wanna-be detective hired by an Amish dropout to spy on his former girlfriend."

message 10: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Stuart | 12 comments Wow! Thanks, Rachel, for passing along the news! I heard something about a PW mention last week but had not found the link.

Thanks for being so on top of things! I don't suppose you help with organizing closets and drawers....I need help with that too. :)

message 11: by Rachel (last edited Mar 06, 2011 11:54AM) (new)

Rachel Brand I cheated, Suzanne Woods Fisher posted the link on her Facebook page :)

I'm really bad at organising closets, sadly, as my bedroom would suggest - but I'm a major geek when it comes to making lists and spreadsheets of all the books I've read. Guess my organisational skills are somewhat confined to the computer!

message 12: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (goodreadscombarbara_beers) | 1492 comments Mod
Welcome Kimberly! I saw your book at LifeWay bookstore last week. It's on my wishlist (I try to only buy 1 book every 3 weeks.)

One of our authors has a book on organizing... is it Barbara Cameron?

message 13: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Stuart | 12 comments Thanks, Barbara! I'm happy to be on your wishlist. One book every three weeks~ I love it. :) You give me hope that the world is always looking for a good story.

kimberly Operation Bonnet A Novel by Kimberly Stuart

message 14: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (atimetolove) | 99 comments Um...no, it's not me, Barbara! I wrote a book called Everything Weddings on a Budget Book for Adams Media Company. I am terrible at organization.... : (

message 15: by Barbara (new)

Barbara wrote: "Um...no, it's not me, Barbara! I wrote a book called Everything Weddings on a Budget Book for Adams Media Company. I am terrible at organization.... : ("

Sorry about that Barbara. I'm pretty sure one of our authors did an organization book but I can't remember which one. Does anyone know?

message 16: by Barbara (last edited Mar 19, 2011 04:49PM) (new)

Kimberly wrote: "I don't suppose you help with organizing closets and drawers..."

Clutter Rehab by Laura Wittmann

I knew I saw something in one of the discussions here about organizing and I finally found it. Maybe this can help... Clutter Rehab: 101 Tips and Tricks to Become an Organization Junkie and Love It! by Laura Whitman

message 17: by Lorie (new)

Lorie | 1324 comments Mod
I read that book its great!