The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Donna, Co-Moderator (new)

Donna | 2178 comments Mod
Looks like a few of you are interested in J.A.Jance so I set up this thread and link to her list of books.

http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/...

I haven't read any of her work but perhaps you'll all convince me to try one!

message 2: by Rita (last edited Feb 28, 2011 06:28AM) (new)

Rita Good idea. I've read 'Desert Heat', 'Tombstone Courage' & 'Rattlesnake Crossing' in the Joanna Brady series. 'Day of the Dead' from the Brandon Walker series. I think they're great but she's not a well know author in the UK.

message 3: by Jan C (new)

Jan C (woeisme) | 35954 comments I'm having trouble getting into the Joanna Brady series.

But I really enjoyed what I've read from the J.P. Beaumont series. Started with Birds of Prey.

message 4: by Gary (new)

Gary Proctor | 20 comments Since I live in the Seattle area, I thought it would be kinda cool to read about a detective based there and starter reading the Beaumont series. As it turns out, I found them to be very enjoyable reads. I started with the fist book and am up to no. 8. Some of them start a bit slow, but pick up pretty quickly. JP is not as "Dark" as some other main detective characters, but he has the usual afflictions of women, coffee and alcohol along with a drive to do good. He has a quick wit and is surrounded by good side characters. Taking a break from the series for a bit, but will surely go back.

message 5: by Susan (new)

Susan | 69 comments I have really enjoyed all of the JA Jance books that I have read. I still have quite a few in my TBR pile to get through though. I only read one Beaumont one though and several Joanna Brady ones.

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth8921) | 7780 comments I have read almost all her books and loved them. Since she is from this area I have talked with her several times and she is intelligent,lovely, and very interesting.

message 7: by Susan from MD (new)

Susan from MD | 58 comments My mother took a trip to Paris this past year and met JA Jance on a river cruise to Nice! She brought books for everyone and gave a little talk. My mom was not a big fan of mysteries, but she was excited to meet an author.

Anyway, my mom is in her early 80s and had gotten a little set in her ways with regard to what she read. After getting this book (Exit Wounds) and loving it, she started going to the library regularly and reading a lot of different kinds of books. She read all of the Joanna Brady series and a few of Jance's other books.

I've read a few myself and quite enjoyed them. But, I am most greatful to her for catalyzing my mom's renewed interest in reading new stories. I'm sure she had no idea that a free book to an older lady would have such an impact!

message 8: by Jan C (new)

Jan C (woeisme) | 35954 comments That sounds really cool. And great that your mom got a renewed interest.

message 9: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth8921) | 7780 comments J.A. Jance is a wonderful friendly woman and I just love her fun books.

message 10: by Susan (new)

Susan | 69 comments That's cool that your mom got to meet J.A.Jance and that the meeting got her reading.

The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Birds of Prey (other topics)