Nightshade and Andrea Cremer Fans discussion

Welcome Section > Welcome, Please introduce yourself.

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisarenee (last edited Feb 27, 2011 08:34AM) (new)

Lisarenee | 113 comments Mod
Thanks for joining this group. Please introduce yourself and take a moment to tell us a little something about you.

How did you find out about Nightshade?
Who's your favorite character?
Are you team Ren or team Shay or another team altogether?
What is your favorite book genre?
Who are some of your favorite authors?
If you could step into this book for a day which character would you like to be?

message 2: by Wilda (new)

Wilda (wilda85) | 17 comments I'm Wilda. I'm 25 and married with 2 kids. I first read Nightshade in December and absolutely loved it!
I actually heard about Nightshade on Richelle Mead's blog.
My fav character is Calla.
I'm not sure if I'm Team Shay or Team Ren. I like different things about both guys while they both have qualities that just...bug me. Maybe Wolfsbane will help me choose.
My fav book genre is Urban Fantasy. My fav authors are Richelle Mead, Kim Harrison, and Rachel Vincent.
Ummm...Idk who I would choose to be if I could step into the book for a day. Probably Calla. She's such a strong character and I love how she stands up for herself and those she loves. And having two guys after her doesn't hurt ;)

message 3: by Lisarenee (new)

Welcome Wilda.
I suppose I should introduce myself. I'm Lisarenee.
How did you find out about Nightshade? I say the advertisement on Goodreads.
Who's your favorite character? Calla because she's strong and even though her kind want her docile but powerful she still thinks for herself.
Are you team Ren or team Shay or another team altogether? I'm still up in the air on this one. I started out team Shay, but at the end I couldn't rule Ren out. He seems as much a victim as everyone else of the Keepers.
What is your favorite book genre? I love both romance and paranormal. If you combine the two I'm one happy camper.
Who are some of your favorite authors? Lisa Kleypas, J.R. Ward,Sherrilyn Kenyon, Patricia Briggs
If you could step into this book for a day which character would you like to be? I'd also pick Calla. I think she's got the best roll so far. It'll be fun to see if our opinion changes later on.

message 4: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (noreally) | 5 comments How did you find out about Nightshade? A friend (:
Who's your favorite character? Ren
Are you team Ren or team Shay or another team altogether? Team Ren for sure! Shay bores me. I hope book two will still have Ren as her mate somehow...
What is your favorite book genre? Romance/Paranormal/Action... basically those teen reads about paranormal romances that have action so you don't feel totally stupid for reading them xD
Who are some of your favorite authors? L.J.Smith is first, hands down! The other of Nightshade I really like, but I only read one book from her so I can't judge. Rachelle Mead, Julie Kagawa, Rachel Caine and a few others.
If you could step into this book for a day which character would you like to be? Calla before her life started to fall apart.

message 5: by kayla** (new)

kayla** (kaylaxbooks) | 36 comments Alright, I just joined, so I guess I'll introduce myself...
My name is Kayla.
My favourite character is Ren.
TEAM REN <3
Fantasy is my favourite genre.
Favourite authors include J.K. Rowling, Andrea Cremer, Richelle Mead, Suzanne Collins, Cassandra Clare, and quite a few more!
I would step into Calla's role for the day, to transform into a wolf, to be known as the ass-kicking leader and to be with Ren=)

message 6: by Lisarenee (new)

Hi Niki and Kayla. Welcome.

Nicki and Kayla, We definitely have the same taste in authors. Those are some of my favorites as well.

message 7: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (may1200) | 13 comments Hey guys I just joined my name is lizzy...sophie actualy but i luv my middle name better. I am 13 and live in Hot Springs AR. my friend bought some books on sale and night shade was one of them. I luved the book so much i emaled the author and she e-mailed me back!!!
i cant figgure out who i am for-ren or shay-but my favorite is Ansel callas brother
and i love fantacy combined with romance....nonfiction, OVERATED
Some of my fav authors are trenton lee stueward. he wrote the Mysterious Benedict Sociaty and Stepheny myers for twighlight.
and i would love to pretend to be Calla

message 8: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia Hey I just joined a week ago but only find this thread now lol..my name is Sylvia, I'm 35 and live in Sydney Australia with my husband and two young boys.
How did you find out about Nightshade? I randomly bought the book when it first came out but only read it this year.
Who's your favorite character? Calla...finally a strong female lead who takes care of herself and her pack
Are you team Ren or team Shay or another team altogether? I'm team Calla but I love REN Shay annoys me too much lol
What is your favorite book genre? NO faves I just love reading
Who are some of your favorite authors? Cassandra Clare, Andrea Cremer, JK Rowling, Paullina Simons, Jane Austen, Becca Fitzpatrick are just a few to name
If you could step into this book for a day which character would you like to be? Calla

message 9: by Lisarenee (new)

Welcome Sophie and Heinzpop.

Heinzypop, We share a similar taste in authors. :)

Sophie, I haven't heard of Lee Stueward. I'll have to look into that series.

message 10: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (crimsoneyes97) My name's Chloe, I'm 14 from England.
How did you find out about Nightshade? I found the book in a store and thought it looked good... It was ;)
Who's your favorite character? Calla
Are you team Ren or team Shay or another team altogether? Team Shay, I wasn't at first but he grew on me
What is your favorite book genre? Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy
Who are some of your favorite authors? Andrea Cremer, Maggie Stiefvater, Laurell Hamilton, Kelley Armstrong, JK Rowling (just to name a few)
If you could step into this book for a day which character would you like to be? Calla

message 11: by Courtney (new)

Courtney My names Courtney I joined this group about a week ago
I found this book by just randomly looking through my libraries page & thought it sounded good (which it was)
My favorite character has to be Calla
I don't really know what team I'm in, I kinda like both of them but at times I don't like them, so I'm in between
My favorite book genre is fantasy, sci-fi, fiction, & paranormal

My favorite authors are J.K. Rowling, Scott Westerfeld, Kelley Armstrong, Donna Jo Napoli, Lauren Kate, Ransom Riggs and many more

If I could step inside the book I'd be Calla

message 12: by Lisarenee (new)

Welcome Courtney.

message 13: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Hernandez (yesitsme-daniellex3) | 1 comments Hey. Im danielle, 14 years old, Freshmen in highschool. I found this website BECAUSE of the nighshade novels <3 i am madly in love with the series.

How did you find out about Nightshade? My very close friend got me into reading a book called "Die For me" by Amy Plum. And i instantly fell in love. when i finished that novel i was craving for more and so she told me to read nightshade :D

Who's your favorite character? My favorite character has to be either ren or shay <3 its so hard to choose!

Are you team Ren or team Shay or another team altogether? Im team Ren and Shayy <3 (i cant choose >.<)
What is your favorite book genre? My favorite genre is paranormal romance <3

Who are some of your favorite authors? Aprilynne Pike, Amy Plum, Andrea Cremer, Lauren Destefano, Kiersten White, and sooo much more.

If you could step into this book for a day which character would you like to be? I would definitely be Calla, shes got two guys falling head over heels for her! who WOULDNT want to be her?

message 14: by Jenna (new)

Jenna (jennachristy) hi guys! My name is Jenna and I love this series.
-I was surfing the net and found it and bought it,hahaha. it was weeks before I read it and I regretted on not reading it earlier,haha.

-Ren. because he’s very heroic, and well, okay, very hot i’m melting. haha

Are you team Ren or team Shay or another team altogether?
without a solitary doubt, i’m team REN!:)

-YA lit:)

Cassandra Clare, Suzanne Collins, Stephenie Meyer, Andrea Cremer, Jennifer Echols, Melissa dela Cruz, etc etc.

If you could step into this book for a day which character would you like to be?
-Calla, just because Ren fancies me :)

message 15: by Em-em (new)

Em-em (mareter) | 3 comments Hi everyone I am Em-em. I am freak when it comes to books and I can't get enough of this series.:)

I found out about Nightshade through my friend Jenner.

My favorite character is REN!

Are you team Ren or Shay or another team altogether?
I am 100% team REN!!!REN!!:))

YA

Stephanie Meyer, Andrea Cremer, Cassandra Clare, Melissa dela Cruz, Jennifer Echols, Sarra Manning, Kristi Cook, Stephanie Perkins and a lot more.:)

Calla of course!so that I will choose Ren. LOL

message 16: by Lisarenee (new)

Welcome Jenna & Em-em.

I love how so many people love Ren. I think the publisher thought the majority of people would like Shay.

I'm seeing a trend of favorite authors too.

message 17: by Em-em (new)

Em-em (mareter) | 3 comments Lisarenee wrote: "Welcome Jenna & Em-em.

I love how so many people love Ren. I think the publisher thought the majority of people would like Shay.

I'm seeing a trend of favorite authors too."

thank you welcoming us..i thought that too but i hope that she will change her mind.

message 18: by Jenna (new)

Jenna (jennachristy) Thanks Lisa! Majority of Nightshade series readers I know are Team Ren.. and yes, I agree that I think the original plan was for everyone to love Shay..but as we all know, things didn’t turn out as planned. :)

message 19: by Lisarenee (new)

That is true Jenna. I wonder what would happen if they created a Facebook page for Ren? I'd love to see if he would end up with more fans than Shay.

♏⟑¢⊀∑∏≳≀∑ Im mac. i found out about about Nightshade by the cover catching my eye in WalMart(lol) i dont have a favorite character (other than Calla) because im on page five. I have no team yet. my favorite authors are Erin Hunter and Rick Rirdon. my favorite genre is YA/fiction. If i could step into this book for a day, i would be...hmm, im not sure. Probably Calla. minus the romance. Can i answer this question later, when i read more of the book?

message 21: by Jenna (new)

Jenna (jennachristy) hey yeah! Is there no facebook page for REN? gosh we have to make one! it’s so unfair that Shay has one,ewww. (hahah.)

message 22: by Jenna (new)

Jenna (jennachristy) GUYS! I FOUND a facebook fan page for REN! still have 129 likes! YIKES!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Renier-...

LIKE this please! :)

message 23: by Em-em (new)

Em-em (mareter) | 3 comments hey everyone let us show are support for REN!! TEAM REN!! like this page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Renier-...

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello everyone, I am Melissa
I recently reading, I loved this far^^

message 25: by Lisarenee (new)

Welcome Melissa. How many of the books have you read so far?

message 26: by Dee (last edited Jan 13, 2012 08:45PM) (new)

Dee | 7 comments Hey, my names Deondra, i'm going to be 19 tomorrow, I LOVE reading, which I discovered after reading "The Outsider's in 8th grade lol, I listen to music on a daily basis, I have four sisters, along with four neices and one nephew. My mom is my hero, and my family means the absolute world to me.

How I heard about it:
I recieved Nightshade as a gift last year for my Birthday and I absolutely loved it!

Favorite Character:
My favorite character(s) is Calla, and more recently Adne. But Ren is a close third.

Which Team, Ren or Shay:
As for which team im on I originally thought Ren, but know I just don't know, I'm hoping BloodRose will help me out with that one. But Ren just might have my vote :)

Favorite Genre:
My favorite book genre is definitely YA, and Fantasy.

Favorite Authors:
Some of my favorite authors are Kristen Cashore, J.R.R. Tolkien, Suzanne Collins, Andrea Cremer, Cassandra Clare, George R.R. Martin, and Alexandra Bracken.

If I could step into the book:
If I could step into the book for a day I would definitely want to be Calla :]

message 27: by Lisarenee (new)

Welcome Deondra and Happy Birthday.

message 28: by Lisarenee (last edited Jan 14, 2012 06:51AM) (new)

Deondra,
Have you read all of George R.R. Martin's books?

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Lisarenee, I have only read first so
but I can't to read 2nd after ^^

message 30: by Dee (new)

Dee | 7 comments Lisarenee wrote: "Deondra,
Have you read all of George R.R. Martin's books?"

Thank you!
And I have read the first three books of "A song of Ice and Fire" series. I still have to buy the other two, but I absolutely love them!

message 31: by Lisarenee (new)

The next two are a little confusing in the timeline. My favorite characters were missing from book 4 and book 5 started off with something that happened toward the beginning of book 4 and confused me until I realized what happened. Book 4 was my least favorite book of the series but it was still good. So when you read book 5 keep in mind that Jon's first chapters will take you back to when Sam left the wall (trying to be as vague as possible so as not to give away anything).