Nightshade and Andrea Cremer Fans discussion

Books > Bloodrose (Nightshade, #3)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 71 (71 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lisarenee (last edited Jul 15, 2011 07:38PM) (new)

Lisarenee | 113 comments Mod
Bloodrose (Nightshade #3) by Andrea Cremer
This topic is open for discussion of Bloodrose. Be prepared for SPOILERS.

message 2: by Lisarenee (new)

Supposedly the cover has been created but is still a mystery even to Andrea herself.

message 3: by Wilda (new)

Wilda (wilda85) | 17 comments After reading Wolfsbane, I am DYING for Bloodrose!!!!

message 4: by Lisarenee (new)

I'm going to keep watching Cremer's website. She stated she'll give out more ARCs at some point in the future. I wonder if Bloodrose will have any ARCs? I am so jealous that you got an ARC of Wolfsbane. I'm glad you think it was better than Nightshade.

message 5: by Wilda (new)

Wilda (wilda85) | 17 comments Keep an eye on her twitter and facebook accounts as well and I'm sure they'll be a few Bloodrose ARCs. It feels like an eternity until it'll come out *sigh*

message 6: by Lisarenee (new)

It's hard to be patient when you know the books already been written and is just waiting release. I love the history elements Cremer put into this series(I keep hoping it won't just be a trilogy) and can't wait to see if she throws in some more.

message 7: by kayla** (new)

kayla** (kaylaxbooks) | 36 comments I heard there is a novella coming out in Fall 2012... should be good...
I hope she makes a few novellas for the series=)

message 8: by Lisarenee (new)

Did you hear her next series or at least book will be a steampunk. I just started getting into that subgenre and look forward to seeing what she comes up with. The gadgets in those books are awesome.

message 9: by kayla** (new)

kayla** (kaylaxbooks) | 36 comments Yes, I found that I actually do like steampunk, and I'm definitely looking forward to The Inventor's Secret! =)

message 10: by Wilda (new)

Wilda (wilda85) | 17 comments Bloodrose has a US release date!

February 21, 2012 only 10 months away :)

message 11: by Lisarenee (new)

Still seems too long, but we still have Wolfsbane to be released.

message 12: by Wilda (new)

Wilda (wilda85) | 17 comments It is but I've already read Wolfsbane so I'm just excited that its less than a year lol

message 13: by Lisarenee (new)

It's always hard to wait for the next release of a good series. I did notice now it's being referred to as a series as opposed to a trilogy on Cremer's website. *crosses fingers for a series*

message 14: by Wilda (new)

Wilda (wilda85) | 17 comments It'd be awesome if we could get an extra book or more-other than the companion novel.

message 15: by Lisarenee (new)

Since you read the second book you probably have a better idea if a series is a possibility. Of course an author can always change or add things in order to stretch a book into a series. They just might need to get a little creative.

message 16: by kayla** (new)

kayla** (kaylaxbooks) | 36 comments I'm glad that the release date for Bloodrose is so early! I was expecting a late spring release date- like May... =)

message 17: by Lisarenee (new)

This is one of the fastest releases I've ever seen for a trilogy.

message 18: by Claudia (new)

Claudia I'm loving this turn around on the sequel. I hate waiting a year or so for the next one. This is how is should be for all sequels

message 19: by Lisarenee (new)

I agree. I don't know why publishers sometimes hold off on releasing books. If a series is really good you're gonna want the next one as soon as possible.

message 20: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (may1200) | 13 comments i know i hate when authors hold off on the release

message 21: by Lisarenee (new)

I just updated the cover. What do you think?

message 22: by kayla** (new)

kayla** (kaylaxbooks) | 36 comments I'm still not feeling these new covers.. they're just disappointing to me after having already seen the originals...

message 23: by Lisarenee (new)

I wish it had more color in it.

message 24: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (may1200) | 13 comments i luv the old covers cuz the girl looks so natual but magical

message 25: by Erin (new)

Erin P (eparmelee) | 3 comments http://shelf-life.ew.com/2011/07/26/f...

found this online, click CHECK THIS OUT and you can read the first chapter of bloodrose and thought I would share...and yeah I'm definitely team Ren!

message 26: by Lisarenee (last edited Jul 28, 2011 12:32PM) (new)

I can't get it to show the chapter. I wonder if it's just that busy or something is wrong with the link?

message 27: by Erin (new)

Erin P (eparmelee) | 3 comments no i just clicked and it worked a minute ago...i thought it didn't show up the first time either, you have to scroll about half way down - that were the first chapter starts

message 28: by Isabella (new)

Isabella (itsmebells) w00t! Thanks for the link...it was awesome!!! I love Ren and I'm so glad he's coming back in full force in Bloodrose. I missed him the whole time during Wolfsbane while I gagged on all the parts with Calla and Shay getting it on. Ugh! Team Ren!!!

message 29: by Veronica (new)

Veronica | 25 comments I feel like "Nightshade" was Calla's book, "Wolfsbane" was Shay's book and "Bloodrose" will be Ren's book. I can't wait! :D

message 30: by kayla** (new)

kayla** (kaylaxbooks) | 36 comments Veronica wrote: "I feel like "Nightshade" was Calla's book, "Wolfsbane" was Shay's book and "Bloodrose" will be Ren's book. I can't wait! :D"

I LOVE that idea...
REN<3
About to read the first chapter now.. so excited:)

message 31: by kayla** (last edited Aug 03, 2011 12:26PM) (new)

kayla** (kaylaxbooks) | 36 comments God, I love Ren:)
that first chapter was perfect... (view spoiler)
Cannot wait for Bloodrose... I hope Calla chooses Ren. She better... he's so broken.
Now I remember why I hated Shay so much in Nightshade... Ren is so much better. In Wolfsbane, Ren was barely there so I couldn't properly compare the two...
oh, Ren:)

message 32: by Lisarenee (new)

So I don't know about anyone else, but that first chapter makes waiting for blood rose that much more difficult.

message 33: by kayla** (new)

kayla** (kaylaxbooks) | 36 comments Yes, yes it does!
It just makes me more nervous and excited...

message 34: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia OMG I cannot wait for Bloodrose after I just read that first chapter....Ren is so damned sexy I hope she wises up and soon realise that she loves Ren and not Shay but something confused me alittle...wouldn't Ren have smelt Shay on Calla...like the girls did??

message 35: by kayla** (new)

kayla** (kaylaxbooks) | 36 comments Maybe more time had passed, and she was able to rid herself of it somewhat? I don't know.. I was wondering the same thing, actually...

message 36: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia I guess we just have to wait and see....

message 37: by Lisarenee (new)

Heinzypop, I wondered the same thing. Maybe he didn't care? What if he just wants her to hurt Shay? So many possibilities.

message 38: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia Lisarenee wrote: "Heinzypop, I wondered the same thing. Maybe he didn't care? What if he just wants her to hurt Shay? So many possibilities."

Oh my ... I was thinking that too ... maybe he has caught on that Shay is actually in on it ... from the beginning Ren didn't like him for obvious reasons of course but there could be something more ... oh so many possibilities with this book ... I love trying to figure things out ... all I know is that I feel Shay is suspect and knew about everything from the beginning and Ren is on to him!!!!

message 39: by kayla** (new)

kayla** (kaylaxbooks) | 36 comments EXCITING NEWS:)
Bloodrose's release date has been moved up to January 24th, 2012!!!

message 40: by Lisarenee (new)

Awesome news! Thanks Kayla.

message 41: by Jenna (new)

Jenna (jennachristy) hey guys, just would like to share that there will be 2 prequels to Nightshade series! (well, I just learned of this,hehe). and I didn’t know Bloodrose will be the last book! I’m so sad...
here’s the link: http://twilidiot.visibli.com/share/LC...

message 42: by Alison (new)

Alison Bloodrose is now coming out January 3rd! http://twitter.com/#!/andreacremer/st...

message 43: by kayla** (new)

kayla** (kaylaxbooks) | 36 comments Yeah, I just heard that too! Even more exciting... especially with all the new books Andrea Cremer has planned for 2012 & 2013...
:)

message 44: by kayla** (new)

kayla** (kaylaxbooks) | 36 comments here's a list of her upcoming books...

January 2012 BLOODROSE
Fall 2012 RIFT (Nightshade Prequel 1)
Spring 2013 INVISIBILITY CURSE w/David Levithan
Summer 2013 RISE (Nightshade Prequel 2)
Fall 2013 INVENTOR'S SECRET

all of them are officially on their way:) I would update these on the goodreads site, but I've been very busy lately... hopefully someone will take care of it soon! :)

message 45: by Veronica (new)

Veronica | 25 comments What would the prequels even be about?

I read Shay's novella and it made me hate him more so I hope one of the prequels is in Ren's POV!

Also, is Bloodrose the last book? For some reason I'm thinking that there was going to be 5...

message 46: by kayla** (new)

kayla** (kaylaxbooks) | 36 comments Bloodrose is the end to Calla's story, I'm fairly sure...
and I heard somewhere that the first Nightshade prequel (Rift) is set back in the late 1800's in Scotland about the Witches War... it may have changed though...
just relaying what I've heard:)

message 47: by Veronica (new)

Veronica | 25 comments That sounds amazing! :D

message 48: by Jenna (new)

Jenna (jennachristy) oh gosh. i’m uber excited now! :D

message 49: by Jenna (new)

Jenna (jennachristy) anyone got any news on bloodrose? hehe.

message 50: by Emy (new)

Emy (bite_me) | 11 comments i think the book comes out next year :)

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Bloodrose (other topics)