Nightshade and Andrea Cremer Fans discussion

Books > Wolfsbane (Nightshade, #2)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lisarenee (last edited Mar 04, 2011 07:39PM) (new)

Lisarenee | 113 comments Mod
Wolfsbane (Nightshade, Book 2) by Andrea Cremer
This topic is open for discussion of Wolfsbane. Be prepared for spoilers.

Description on Goodreads:
"This thrilling sequel to the much-talked-about Nightshade begins just where it ended. Calla Tor wakes up in the lair of the Searchers, her sworn enemy, and she's certain her days are numbered. But then the Searchers make her an offer,one that gives her the chance to destroy her former masters and save the pack and the man she left behind. Is Ren worth the price of her freedom? And will Shay stand by her side no matter what? Now in control of her own destiny, Calla must decide which battles are worth fighting and how many trials true love can endure and still survive."

message 2: by Wilda (new)

Wilda (wilda85) | 17 comments I can't wait to read Wolfsbane! I recently won an ARC of Wolfsbane on twitter the other day and I can't express how excited I am! Nightshade was one of my fav books of 2010 and I'm pretty sure Wolfsbane will be a fav for 2011!

message 3: by Lisarenee (new)

Wilda, You are so lucky. I can't wait to read the rest of the trilogy. Do you think the story will end with the Nightshade trilogy or have spinoffs for each of the other elements?

message 4: by Wilda (new)

Wilda (wilda85) | 17 comments My guess is it'll end but I'm hoping to see a spinoff or two even if they are just short stories. I doubt they would be about Calla though. Then again I guess it all depends on how Bloodrose ends.

message 5: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (noreally) | 5 comments I cannot wait for this book to finally come out! I hope there will be a lot of Ren!!

message 6: by Lisarenee (new)

I'd like to find out more about him. We only got a glimpse. It'd be fun if Cremer actually wrote a Ren version of Nightshade to see what he was thinking.

message 7: by kayla** (new)

kayla** (kaylaxbooks) | 36 comments Does anyone else prefer the old cover of Wolfsbane compared to the new one...
I'm really upset about it=(

message 8: by Lisarenee (new)

Didn't know they'd switched it till you said something.
Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer

message 9: by Lisarenee (new)

Here is a bigger picture of the new cover:
Photobucket

message 10: by Lisarenee (new)

I like the first cover better, but I like the second one as well. Too bad the second one won't be used for when the book comes out in paperback.

message 11: by kayla** (new)

kayla** (kaylaxbooks) | 36 comments I know=(
I wish the hardcovers could continue the theme, and then the paperbacks could have these new designs.

message 12: by Wilda (new)

Wilda (wilda85) | 17 comments I finished Wolfsbane this morning. It was AMAZING! Even better than Nightshade!!!

And I completely agree Kayla, they should continued the same theme with the hardcovers and have the new theme for the paperbacks.

message 13: by kayla** (new)

kayla** (kaylaxbooks) | 36 comments Ahh, congrats on the ARC... I'm so excited for Wolfsbane, and I've been reading a lot of positive reviews=)

message 14: by SW (new)

SW (swang) "Betrayal, loss, pain, fear. How many trials can love endure and still survive?"

So many questions i'm dying to find out!!! Who is her Love? Shay? (barf!! x 10000)

message 15: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (may1200) | 13 comments hey shays not bad but i am dieing to see how the rest of the young nightshades get away from the keepers and i like the first cover too

message 16: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (may1200) | 13 comments we have close to the same name

message 17: by SW (new)

SW (swang) Sophie wrote: "we have close to the same name"

yes we do..

message 18: by Auntb (new)

Auntb | 2 comments Spread the word! Ren is competing in the YA Crush Tourney! Vote today and tomorrow as many times as you want! If you love Ren, vote for him today and tomorrow in the YA Crush Tourney! He needs all the votes he can get! http://bit.ly/pKsZRe

message 19: by Lisarenee (new)

****************** SPOILERS BEGIN NOW! *********************

What an awesome sequel!

1) At the beginning of the book was anyone thinking that Shay and Adne may end up together?

2) So now we know what all the objects at the sacred places are for. Thoughts on the cross and swords?

3) Thoughts about how the Keepers could control the reproduction of the Guardians?

4) Were you surprised that some of Calla's pack deserted her? What about her brother?

5) Any favorite lines?

6) Thoughts on the Searchers?

7) Who is your favorite new or potential couple?

8) Do you think there is another reason that Ren didn't go with Calla?

9) The Monroe bombshell - anyone see that coming? What about the story of what happened to Ren's mom?

10) Has your opinion changed about Shay or Ren?

11) Do you think they can trust Logan.

12) The consensus is that since Shay and Calla got together that she picked him over Ren and he is now the pack's new Alpha. Do you think she realized that at the time? Do you think she'd have spent the night with him if she'd known?

13) Do you think Calla would have chosen Ren if he'd left the Guardians with her?

14) Do you feel Shay took advantage of Calla at a weak moment?

message 20: by Isabella (new)

Isabella (itsmebells) I love this series! It's super hot and sexy, but there's only thing that bothers me...SHAY!! I can't stand him...he totally frickin annoys me!!! I find myself skimming through parts where it's just him and Calla talking or whatever...LOL. Anyway, I really hope Calla chooses Ren in the end. I think Calla really loves him, but she has to go through being with Shay to realize that Ren was who she wanted all along. Anyway...TEAM REN 4EVER!!!!

message 21: by kayla** (new)

kayla** (kaylaxbooks) | 36 comments Finally finished the book! Didn't get it till Sunday, but I read when I could:) LOVED IT!<3 Cannot wait for Bloodrose...
now on to these discussion questions...
1) I think that there is definitely something going on with Shay and Adne... I hope so, that way he is out of the picture... he was less annoying in this book, but nothing compared to Ren.
2)I think that the swords and cross are really cool. I love how Andrea Cremer makes everything so realistic and historical...
3)To be honest, I didn't like the fact that the Keepers controlled the reproduction but I was more upset about other things that they had done (like taking away Ansel's wolf)
4)I was expecting Fey and Dax to desert her..I was very, very surprised at Ansel's betrayal. And Ren. Poor, poor Ren. Something is very wrong there. They did something to him... he would never abandon Calla like that...
5)No favourite lines come to mind... mostly my favourite would include Renier Laroche... but he was rather lacking in this book:(
6)I trust the Searchers. I know the Guardians are iffy about them, but I like them... definitely better than the Keepers...
7)They wouldn't be my favourite, but Shay and Adne, so that they could stay clear of Ren and Calla...
8)There is something very wrong with the fact that Ren didn't go with Calla... I haven't read the first chapter of Bloodrose yet, but I will in a few... I think it will be revealed early on in the book.
9)Knew it from the moment Monroe started acting a bit odd about the Laroche's... I knew he was Ren's father... I found it kind of obvious, really... maybe that was just me...
10)Shay is slightly less annoying, Ren is still a hottie whom I feel very sad for...
11)I actually do think that they can trust Logan, and I hope that he will repair Ansel's wolf for him... although I'm not happy about what Ansel did:(
12)I hated the fact that Calla lost her virginity to Shay. Stupid, stupid girl. I think had she known she would probably not have consented... I don't think she likes the idea of Shay being the alpha... I know I don't... I think she is regretting it...
13)I don't think that Calla would've made a choice about Ren or Shay in that moment... or in all of Wolfsbane... she would've continued to play them both... I find her quite indecisive for an alpha...
14)I was so angry at Shay! He completely took advantage of Calla and I hope she realizes it soon. She was vulnerable and upset, and under different circumstances she probably would've had the brains to say "NO!"... this made Shay go right back up to annoying for me...

I'm going to have a hard time waiting for Bloodrose:(

message 22: by Lisarenee (new)

Kayla, Good point about Calla being indecisive for an alpha. She definitely is.

I felt Shay took advantage of Calla too. I still have no idea who she cares more for, but I wish she'd figure it out.

I also wonder what happened to Ren. He seemed totally out of character in this one.

If Ren and Calla were to get back together do you think Ren could forgive her indiscretion with Shay?

message 23: by kayla** (last edited Aug 03, 2011 01:37PM) (new)

kayla** (kaylaxbooks) | 36 comments I wonder, too, what happened to Ren to make him act as he did...
See, your question is what has been bothering me from the moment she slept with Shay. Will Ren be able to forgive her? He has had relations with other girls, as was clearly stated in the first chapter of Bloodrose, but he has not been unfaithful to Calla in the time when they have been somewhat of an item.
I can't even predict if he'll forgive her... but maybe because of the circumstances in which the situation happened, he might... hard to say. Either way he will be incredibly angry, and I hope he kicks Shay's ass for taking advantage of Calla.
Also, just watched an Andrea Cremer video about Bloodrose, and she says there is a scene with Ren in a towel. Only a towel. :) hahaha...
Do you think Ren will be able to forgive Calla for her indiscretion with Shay?

message 24: by Veronica (new)

Veronica | 25 comments Knowing Calla, she will probably not want to tell him. He'll probably find out from someone else and all hell will break loose!

Did you say towel scene?! <3

message 25: by kayla** (new)

kayla** (kaylaxbooks) | 36 comments hahaha, yeah I agree with you there...
and yes...
towel scene<3 *sigh*

message 26: by Lisarenee (new)

Any thoughts to having a spin-off series? I vote for a Ren spin-off. :)

message 27: by Veronica (new)

Veronica | 25 comments Well, if Ren and Calla end up together (which I want!), he won't be able to have a spin off. I think it would be for Ansel/Bree or Shay in that case.

message 28: by kayla** (new)

kayla** (kaylaxbooks) | 36 comments Yeah, if Ren and Calla get together (which I desperately hope for) then Ren can't have one...
An Ansel and Bryn spin-off would be cool...
and Shay already sort of had a prequel in Shadow Days...
maybe something to do with the Searchers? Connor & Adne?
I don't know... so far, I haven't heard anything about any possible spin-offs...

message 29: by Lisarenee (new)

So I don't want the series to end in a trilogy. What can I say? If Ren and Calla don't end up together (which hopefully they will) then I want more Ren. lol

message 30: by Veronica (new)

Veronica | 25 comments Oh! Connor and Adne would be cool :) I was hoping that Andrea would tell us more about them but we only got that little admission from Adne at the end :(

message 31: by kayla** (new)

kayla** (kaylaxbooks) | 36 comments Yeah, that was barely an admission... what does it even mean?... it was confusing, really...

message 32: by Lisarenee (new)

You two are right. Didn't they say they kissed on a dare and there were no sparks?

message 33: by Veronica (new)

Veronica | 25 comments Anyone with a brain can tell there's more than Adne let on. Connor being sweet to her just gives it ALL away! haha :)

message 34: by kayla** (last edited Aug 04, 2011 07:04PM) (new)

kayla** (kaylaxbooks) | 36 comments hahaha, yeah there's something going on there definitely, but the small Adne&Connor story was just so vague.. it's kind of irritating now that I think about it... :(

message 35: by kayla** (last edited Aug 04, 2011 07:06PM) (new)

kayla** (kaylaxbooks) | 36 comments was anyone else disappointed with the lack of Ren in this book? I mean, he was in Calla's thoughts, but there was only 1 scene with him physically there... (at least I think it was only 1...)

message 36: by Lisarenee (new)

There were flashbacks, but I believe you're correct there was just the one scene with him in it. I expected more of him, but it does look like Bloodrose will include him more. At least I hope so.

message 37: by Veronica (new)

Veronica | 25 comments Yeah, I think he was in like 10 pages and I am 100% Team Ren so this upset me! I feel like "Bloodrose" will be Ren's book so hopefully it will make up for it! :D

message 38: by kayla** (new)

kayla** (kaylaxbooks) | 36 comments Yeah:) here's hoping!
I really missed Ren...

message 39: by Veronica (new)

Veronica | 25 comments Yeah and the moment he was in the book was not very flattering for him :(

message 40: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia I missed Ren in this book so much too and I have to say that I definantely think that Shay knew exactly what he was doing when he slept with Calla i.e. becoming the Alpha

message 41: by Veronica (new)

Veronica | 25 comments Yeah, he had to have had that as a motive. He was pretty insistent...

message 42: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia I feel that Shay knows more than he lets on...I have a feeling he was in on this from the very beginning...

message 43: by Lisarenee (new)

Now that would be something. Shay on a mission to seduced the teenage female alpha so he could take charge of the pack. Hmmm..... Could he be so devious?

message 44: by Veronica (new)

Veronica | 25 comments He could be enchanted by his Uncle or something. You never know!

message 45: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia It would make a very interesting and wonderful twist ... he just seemed to into Calla and not very afraid of her from the very beginning...a bit suspect if you tell me...but we will not know until Bloodrose

message 46: by Lisarenee (new)

Veronica, I like the way you think. ;)

message 47: by Veronica (new)

Veronica | 25 comments Haha, thank you :)

message 48: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (may1200) | 13 comments i would die if that was the case i like shay alot and i did like ren but his thing about haveing to get her back by beating her up didnt work for me. if he realy wanted her he should have stood up to the keepers or ran away to find her or something

message 49: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (may1200) | 13 comments I realy want to know what was up with cosett staying with the keepers i mean i know y sabeen left but now cossett will have to take sabines place the only reason i can think of for her doing that is to make effron bane not so hard on sabine

message 50: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia Not too sure why she chose to stay with the keepers ... hopefully we will find out in bloodrose

« previous 1