The Gateroom discussion

Stargate General Chat > Things you wish happened in Stargate SG1/SGA/SGU

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (tdallonsy) | 187 comments Mod
What are some of the plots/stories you wish Stargate would've covered, but didn't get a chance to do so or it would've just been weird.

I would've loved to see Daniel's grandfather again. What's happened with the aliens and everything.

More Vala, her irritating Daniel rarely gets old.

message 2: by Robin (new)

Robin Higgins (arsinoe) | 6 comments There are a lot of areas: I would have liked to seen more of the Tok'ra with Jacob, or stories with Cassie and interaction with Jack and the team. I always thought it odd that Cassie wasn't at the Memorial Service for her mother at the SGC so maybe something with Cassie in college or something. Then there was Nyan. I thought he went through the Gate with SG1. So how about him. Or I love Felger and Coombs. OMG, I didn't mean to drag on. But there were so many ideas for continuing the stories. I so miss it!

Bjorn-The Last Viking I wished they had more time for the younger clone of Jack. That could be hilarious.

message 4: by Anastasia (new)

Nah, you didn't drag on. it's good stuff. ;-) Yeah, I was surprised Cassie wasn't at Janet's Memorial service too.

message 5: by Robin (new)

Robin Higgins (arsinoe) | 6 comments Mini-Jack would have been great too. There are just so many options out there for the team. That is 1 reason why I do like fanfiction. At least I can find read about some of the adventures they could have had.

message 6: by Anastasia (new)

Indeed. Although I got turned off by reading fan fiction after coming across a few horrible ones where the characters were just Mary Sue/Gary Stu copies of the author, instead of staying true to the canon character seen on-screen. but it's not like the tv show got them right 100% of the time either.

Bjorn-The Last Viking To true.

message 8: by Robin (new)

Robin Higgins (arsinoe) | 6 comments I know it's a tightrope with fanfic. When the movie became the series I was definitely of the opinion that O'Neill and Carter were military not a couple but after a couple of years, I so could see it. Then I did read some good fic with them and Daniel. But I understand what you're saying about the author and characters. But then that's the fun part too, reading some of the stories that might have been.

message 9: by Anastasia (new)

Indeed.

but even in the series, alternate dimensions and everything, the writers put Carter and Jack together in one way or form, to satisfy the fans. AU storylines are fun like that. and that's the sort of plot device where, anything goes, to a degree. You can have a Daniel who doesn't care about people (although we've sort of seen that in 'Absolute Power') , and a Jack who isn't a smart ass in the face of the enemy and so on.

Bjorn-The Last Viking Yeah. A evil Daniel was kind of creepy.

message 11: by Anastasia (new)

We've seen Daniel go through a lot, but never implanted with a Goa'uld/Tok'ra. (aside game scenarios and AU in Möbius) I was surprised he didn't volunteer to be a Tok'ra host given his usual curious nature, but I understand how creepy the thought might be considering his wife was Goa'uld-ed.

Bjorn-The Last Viking True. :D they did a lot with jack.

message 13: by Anastasia (new)

Indeed. Daniel, they just killed a lot. First season alone was like 2-3 deaths (& 1 or 2 presumed deaths)

Bjorn-The Last Viking yeah. When he actually died. It was really sad. When he died and ascended from radiation.

message 15: by Anastasia (new)

yeah, that one is always sad to see.

I would've liked for them to show something from Daniel's ascended time. Would've been interesting to see what he did while ascended and all. I mean, what, he only came down to bug Teal'c and Jack (but not Sam...?) Would've liked to see something other than that; what did he do with Oma Desala, and etc.

message 16: by Anastasia (new)

Just watching sg1 season 10, in one ep, Bra'tac says to Tealc that he is the son Bra'tac never had. Made me wonder - what do we know of Bra'tac's family/past? Would've been interesting to see a bit of that

message 17: by Kayla (new)

Kayla I agree, I would have loved to see more of Bra'tac's past. It would have been very interesting.

I would have loved to have seen more of Ba'al... maybe in a relationship? I don't tend to like the 'bad guys' so to speak, but I quite like Ba'al. Plus he's not exactly bad-looking... :P

I also wanted to see more of Daniel and Vala. Bugging, but also romance-wise. I just tend to like that.

message 18: by Anastasia (new)

Ba'al is one of the few Goa'uld who didn't always use his Goa'uld voice. It was good to hear Simon Cliff's real voice.

I quite liked the time SG1 had to work with Ba'al whilst looking for the SanGraal, but I would have loved to see more of Ba'al's clones especially in one room. Wonder what they would talk about.

Also, remember the episode with all the SG1 teams coming in from different universes? We saw a room full of Sams. Would've loved to see a room full of Daniels and what they would be doing. Translation party?

message 19: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Cliff Simon's real voice is pretty amazing. He used it so much that when his Goa'uld voice was in use, I wasn't used to it at all and I couldn't recognize, whereas we know most of the other System Lords by their distinctly Goa'uld voice.

Oh my God, yes, translation party! The'd all talking in Ancient by the end of the night!!!! XD

message 20: by Anastasia (new)

Indeed! At times you forgot Ba'al was a Goa'uld because of Cliff Simon's voice; just seemed like your average smart @$$ politician/business man in some scenes.

Wonder if Ba'al had a Ball, the Ba'al Ball....

What about a room full of Teal'c's. Silent as a library? With all of them just staring at each other, raising eyebrows, etc?

message 21: by Kayla (new)

Kayla I want to go to the Ba'al Ball, I think Ba'al and I would have a Ball. :P

I imagine a room full of Teal'c's as all sitting on tables and chair and whatnot, staring each other down with that amazing raised eyebrow. :P You got my vision spot on.

message 22: by Anastasia (new)

or a chorus of 'Indeed's.

I think we'd all have a Ball at the Ba'all Ball. you know, there's a fan fic in there. LOL.

Would've loved to see more Vala/Cameron interaction too, but perhaps the writers avoided that so that the two wouldn't be compared to their Farscape selves.

Bjorn-The Last Viking We should of seen lots of Daniels. And Teal'c's that would of been funny. I agree.

message 24: by Kayla (new)

Kayla A chorus of indeeds would have been amazing. If we had a room of Teal'c's, I also would have loved to see all of the different versions of him. I seem to remember that in one he had a goatee....

I agree. Someone should totally hold a Ba'al Ball. The Ball could guest-star Ba'al. Everyone would have a ball, even Ba'al. I hope.

I am so mad at Daniel now, because in the very last episode of SG-1 he made Vala cry!!!! *tear for Vala*

message 25: by Anastasia (new)

Yeah, he came off as a bit of an ass in that one. However, it worked considering his previous relationships and whatnot, and considering how Vala is (always messing with him and everything; she tried to mess with him like that before). plus they've been cooped up on that ship for months at that point... the end result of that fight was worth it. ^.^ Wish we got to see more of their time on the ship.

message 26: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Yeah, I agree, the end result was worth it. And I guess I completely understand his argument, because how many times has she tried to do that? Two? Three? It still made me sad, though. Poor Vala.

Bjorn-The Last Viking They where stuck on the ship for....60 years? So, yeah. I would go insane. bonkers. Waco.

message 28: by Kayla (new)

Kayla That reminds me of O'Neill's line in Window of Opportunity.
"I tell you, Teal'c, if we don't figure out a way to fix this, I'm gonna go mad. Mad. Crazy. Bonzo. No longer in possesion of one's mind, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!!"

Bjorn-The Last Viking Yeah, I was trying to quote him with out actually looking up what he said. :D

message 30: by Anastasia (new)

Having seen Atlantis, I wish they brought Dr Daniel Jackson in for more than just two episodes. In fact, he would've probably made a good leader of the program. (Sam just seemed redundant, Atlantis has McKay and Sheppard who were pretty much Sam if you put 'em together and change the gender)

message 32: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Yeah, I want Daniel back. O.o

message 33: by Qazyman (new)

Qazyman | 4 comments I wished they would have revisited the NOX from the first season. To me, the episode was very original and entertaining. I know they brought them back briefly latter in the series, but the culture and ideas from the first episode ended with that first show. I always thought that was a waste.

message 34: by Anastasia (new)

Agreed! Would've been interesting to see more on the NOX.

Bjorn-The Last Viking Yeah. It would of...And Jonas. He was awesome.

message 36: by Anastasia (new)

Indeed.

So much hatred for the poor guy from the Daniel fans. Oy! The few scenes Daniel and Jonas shared were great though.

message 37: by Gene (new)

Gene | 7 comments I would have liked to see an episode that started off with SG1 captured, and the entire episode would have been about general Hammond, Jacob Carter, and Bra'tac having to find and rescue them.

message 38: by Lea (new)

Lea Carter (klcislc) | 4 comments I wanted to meet the Furlings and think that would be a great movie idea, even after so much time. It'd fit with the natural aging of the actors. Daniel calls a meeting, just to get together, right? Then he pops up with, btw, guess what I found? It could be like the old spoofy western, The Over the Hill Gang, but with P90's and stargates. Besides, if the Furlings have survived, they're probably friendly so maybe SG1 has to rescue them? AND they take Chloe, Cassie, and Jack Jr. along just for fun!
Or. (lol) How about an SG1 Jr. team? Chloe(Sam), Cassie(Daniel), Jack Jr.(Jack), and Tealc's(Tealc) apprentice? They could be out on all sorts of missions, establishing trade relations, etc. (But no "space corn" please!)

message 39: by Alyssa (last edited Jan 04, 2014 11:50AM) (new)

Alyssa (castleofglass) | 2 comments I really wished that Jonas could have stuck around longer. I'm actually not a big fan of Daniel so I liked Jonas better.
I really liked Ba,al wished he could have been in more episodes.