SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Archive: Past Team Challenges > R2 TEAM THREAD: Team #5 The Bite Me Betty Dolls

Comments Showing 1-50 of 513 (513 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

message 1: by Steph, Serious series addict (last edited Mar 12, 2011 05:19AM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29004 comments Team #5
* = New player; Player#1 = team captain

Members:
1. Sallie
2. Amber
* 3. KarenF
4. Aske
* 5. Susana // Ming
* 6. Caroline
7. Angi
* 8. Jessica

message 2: by Steph, Serious series addict (last edited May 20, 2011 06:20PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29004 comments Virtual BINGO Card
Shelf names listed are to be filled in top to bottom under each letter listed

B
1. _paranormal = 14,336 bks STAMP REC'D
2. part-of-a-series = 6,039 bks STAMP REC'D
3. angels = 1,001 bks
4. fantasy-paranormal = 2,614 bks
5. shifters = 1,931 bks STAMP REC'D
I
6. paranormal-fiction = 2,523 bks STAMP REC'D
7. urban-fantasy = 7,349 bks STAMP REC'D
8. favorite-series = 2,323 bks STAMP REC'D
9. dragons = 2,143 bks
10. demons = 1,778 bks STAMP REC'D
N
11. ghosts = 2,274 bks
12. series-to-read = 1,617 bks
N#. FREE SPACE
13. speculative-fiction = 7,147 bks
14. werewolves = 1,672 bks
G
15. fantasy-scifi = 4,216 bks
16. magic = 8,119 bks
17. vampires = 5,827 bks STAMP REC'D
18. supernatural = 7,899 bks
19. witches = 1,708 bks
O
20. first-in-series = 2,187 bks
21. paranormal-romance = 7,482 bks
22. favorite-covers = 1,091 bks
23. ya-fantasy = 3,071 bks STAMP REC'D
24. time-travel = 2,349 bks

message 3: by Steph, Serious series addict (last edited May 20, 2011 06:20PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29004 comments Link to print your own copy: Team #5 BINGO card

SOS book shelf bingo card

message 4: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29004 comments {{SPACE HOLDER}}

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1128 comments Welcome Ladies - first off I want to welcome everyone to our group - the next thing is we need to come up with a Team Name. Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated. If you have any questions please feel PM me - as I am at work now it may take a bit for me to get back to you but please be assured I will answer you ASAP.

Ok that is about it - talk to everyone again soon.

message 6: by KarenF (new)

KarenF (cleocleveland) | 540 comments Just posting to say hello! I have no good suggestions for a team name as I'm a horrible namer. It took me days to give my poor dog a name after I adopted her and a look at my screen name gives you the level of my creativity. Leave it up to me and we'll end up being Team 5 :)

Anyway, hello and I'm looking forward to the start of the game!

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1128 comments No problem Karen - welcome - I hope you found a name for the baby in your profile pic - hoping its not Dog LOL...that is my baby in my profile - Jezebelle is 6 & she is a Pembroke Welsh Corgi - I have another baby "the boy" is Rastus & he will be 7 in March.

message 8: by Amber (new)

Amber (crazyaboutbooks) | 499 comments HI, Sallie and Karen.
I guess that makes 2 votes for the name(Team 5)... LOL.
Not so good @ names myself so, I'll leave it up to whatever the team picks. Very happy to be starting this up again :D

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1128 comments Ok - Im going to think about a couple of names & will let everyone know what I come up with.

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1128 comments Ladies - I have a couple of Team Names to throw out...

"The Bite Me Betty Dolls" (after the dolls in the Hollows series) or

Stakes for Eight

still working on some more will post when I come up with more to add to the list

message 11: by KarenF (new)

KarenF (cleocleveland) | 540 comments Sallie - Jezebelle is adorable. I love corgis. Have you ever seen http://corgiaddict.com/ ? And my girl did end up named Sabrina not Dog (although it was close) :) She's 11 or 12 now but she still has that puppy face.

And hello Amber!

Where is everyone else? Or am I just overly geeky and enthusiastic like normal? :)

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1128 comments Karen - glad you didnt name her Dog & Sabrina is a fine name... - thank you for the link I love it...

So far we are the only ones to show up but not to panic there is still time for everyone to show up LOL

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1128 comments Welcome to the group Amber..

message 14: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 908 comments KarenF wrote: "Sallie - Jezebelle is adorable. I love corgis. Have you ever seen http://corgiaddict.com/ ? And my girl did end up named Sabrina not Dog (although it was close) :) She's 11 or 12 now but she s..."

That site is awesome, thanks! I love Corgis.

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1128 comments I have to share a funny story with those that love the Corgis - I have 2...Jezebelle is my honey love - she wants love only when she wants it & it has to be on her terms - no picking her up - she hates it....anyway, this morning I left for work & around 9:30 my husband called to ask me if I knew where "baby girl" was? No I replied she was in the hall by the bathroom door waiting on you to come out when I left for work. He informed me that the rascal was in bed on my pillow with the blanket pulled up around her. She didnt come out of the bedroom until 10:30 this morning. Im telling you these dogs are human or at least mine think they are. Just thought that we could use a little humor or a smile.

message 16: by Amber (new)

Amber (crazyaboutbooks) | 499 comments Here's some names
Please feel free to laugh(I'm not good @ this).

FAB Five
8 Beauties are we
FanTastic 5

I'll keep working......(LOL)

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1128 comments Amber - good job coming up with more team names...Im still working on some more too.

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1128 comments I thought of one today - OchoCinco...I know but I love football. I'll keep working on this :)

message 19: by Amber (new)

Amber (crazyaboutbooks) | 499 comments That's a good one Sallie,
My Girl said--Brat Pack--
I'm worried about the other members are we it? :(
Did I mention I'm not good @ names It took me three days after my girl being born to pick a name for her...OLIVIA boy was that hard LOL!
Hope to see from some other members soon.....???
I like the name Book-A-Holic I know hahaha back to the board

message 20: by Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (last edited Mar 03, 2011 07:23PM) (new)

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1128 comments As this is Thurs afternoon - I am going to send a PM to Steph & let her know that we are missing 4 members...Steph was worried about 2 not participating but she's not aware that the other 2 havent responded to our group.

So far for names we have the following:

The Bite Me Betty Dolls 2 votes
Stakes at Eight
FAB 5
8 Beauties are we
FanTastic 5
OchoCinco
BratPack
Book-a-Holic

Since we are only 4 at this moment - I will wait to see if we have anymore noms & if our 4 MIAs show up by tomorrow - in the mean time - put a vote for the name u like best by tomorrow (fri) 1 PM EST & we will go with the majority - in case of a tie - we will vote again -

message 21: by KarenF (new)

KarenF (cleocleveland) | 540 comments Hmmm, I like the Bite Me Betty Dolls, probably due to what my mother used to call my "bad attitude, young lady". If people aren't up for a team name that starts with Bite Me I also like the FanTastic 5.

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1128 comments Hi Karen - I like the Bite Me Betty Dolls myself...so I will count that as 2 votes for the above..waiting to hear from everyone else...

message 23: by Amber (last edited Mar 03, 2011 09:09PM) (new)

Amber (crazyaboutbooks) | 499 comments Here is some more names if not to late

CRAZY 8
Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs
Page Turners
Chapter 8
To be continued
Imagination station
Ugly Betty's
Team X-Treme
Predators
Knockouts
e-Lemon-ators <------This ones my FAV.
Dream Team

message 24: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29004 comments FYI: I've PM'd Aske, Angi, Susana and Caroline. So, hopefully you'll see them around the team thread soon. :D

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1128 comments Amber wrote: "Here is some more names if not to late

CRAZY 8
Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs
Page Turners
Chapter 8
To be continued
Imagination station
Ugly Betty's
Team X-Treme
Predators
Knockouts
..."

I loved the names I will add you vote to e-lemon-ators...cute I like it

message 26: by Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (last edited Mar 04, 2011 04:38AM) (new)

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1128 comments So far for names we have the following:

The Bite Me Betty Dolls 4 votes
Stakes at Eight
FAB 5
8 Beauties are we
FanTastic 5
OchoCinco
BratPack
Book-a-Holic
e-Lemon-ators - 2 vote

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1128 comments Ok ladies - so far we have The Bite Me Betty Dolls in the lead - so like I posted before, I will give this until about 1pm EST & then we will see where we stand...I have an update from Steph but as I have to get for work, I will update all the news in a couple of hours....talk to everyone later

message 28: by Angi (new)

Angi | 485 comments Hi ladies!!! Sorry it has taken me a bit to get over here... I didn't realize it had started as I am horrible with checking lately. So sorry.

I'm excited to be on your team and very much looking forward to a second round :)

My vote for the name : The Bite Me Betty Dolls - so cute.

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1128 comments Hi Angi - glad you stopped by to say hello. Welcome to TEAM 5 - We are still waiting for 3 more to respond - so we dont have a determination on our name just yet but Bite Me Betty is leading in the votes.

If anyone has any questions or concerns please ask, voice your opinion etc. I guess that is it for now - I will add Angi's vote to the list but it looks like

message 30: by Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (last edited Mar 04, 2011 07:45AM) (new)

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1128 comments So far for names we have the following:

The Bite Me Betty Dolls 5 votes
Stakes at Eight
FAB 5
8 Beauties are we
FanTastic 5
OchoCinco
BratPack
Book-a-Holic
e-Lemon-ators - 2 vote

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1128 comments Sorry - ladies but today was not a good day @ work again :( its not a full moon but you would have thought that by the phone calls I was getting...anyway, I heard from Steph earlier in the day & she said that she had PMed our missing 3 players so we are waiting on them to respond to her email. We are 5 players which is plenty to play so we will see if the rules will change any for us being short -
ok now for the next piece of business, it looks like our name will be "THE BITE ME BETTY DOLLS" unless someone has a better suggestion that is what we are going with for now. Steph will be posting the first shelf sometime on March 6..please keep in mind that she is an ocean away in Japan so she will probably post tomorrow evening or sometime after midnight...we are not under any pressure to pick a book within minutes of the post but I know some of us got anxious to when the new shelf would be announced. As before if you have any questions or concerns please let me know & I will do my best to answer your questions.

Ok ladies - here is a toast to "The Bite Me Betty Dolls" may we be blessed with luck & speed to earn our stamps!!! Good luck everyone

Sallie

message 32: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23887 comments Good luck, The Bite Me Betty Dolls!

message 33: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29004 comments Love the team name! Good luck, Betty Dolls!

message 34: by Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (last edited Mar 04, 2011 07:51PM) (new)

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1128 comments Thank you Steph & Sandra - the Betty Dolls are ready to get the party started LOL

message 35: by Angi (new)

Angi | 485 comments Love it! :) good luck Bite Me Betty Dolls;)

message 36: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29004 comments Aske is a returning player, so I'm guessing she'll pop in soon. I haven't yet heard back from Susana or Caroline. I'll keep ya posted.

message 37: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29004 comments Important Rule Change: All members of your team must read, rate and review a book in order to receive a shelf stamp

Let the game begin!

Our First Shelf is: 'part-of-a-series'
DIRECT LINK: 'part-of-a-series'

Good luck & Happy Reading!

REMINDER: Everyone may now start their free space read as well, if they want

message 38: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 2488 comments OK I'm not on this team. But I lover your name. It popped up right on top of my home Groups page.

message 39: by Angi (last edited Mar 05, 2011 07:03AM) (new)

Angi | 485 comments Okay dolls- for this shelf I'll be reading "Fallen" by Lauren Kate. Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate I've heard mixed reviews, so we'll see what I've gotten myself into. I need to get it back to "booksfree" though so I gotta read it sometime - no better time than the present. :)

message 40: by Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (last edited Mar 05, 2011 12:25PM) (new)

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1128 comments Ok Betty Dolls - we are off & reading with our first shelf announcement...all team members must read & post a comment about the book they just read in order for us to earn our stamp...so here is my pick

Sallie: Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins
Angi: Fallen by Lauren Kate
Jessica: Carpe Corpus by Rachel Caine

Good luck & happy reading!!!

message 41: by Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (last edited Mar 05, 2011 07:02AM) (new)

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1128 comments Mary wrote: "OK I'm not on this team. But I lover your name. It popped up right on top of my home Groups page."

Mary - thank you glad you like the name, if you are not already participating in our Bingo Game we would love to have you join us..just let me know & we will take care of finding you a place.

message 42: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23887 comments Mary is on #2 Scratch and Sniff.

message 43: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 2488 comments Sandra's right. I just had to say that I got a huge chuckled out of seeing that Bite Me Betty this morning.

message 44: by KarenF (last edited Mar 05, 2011 01:50PM) (new)

KarenF (cleocleveland) | 540 comments Yay Bite Me Betty Dolls! For this shelf I'll read Dreamfever by Karen Marie Moning since it just came in for me at the library.

And for the free space I'll read Midnight Crystal from the group's bookshelf.

message 45: by Angi (new)

Angi | 485 comments Ohhh I'm envious! I want to read "Demonglass". I really liked "Hex Hall". Look forward to seeing
your thoughts :)

message 46: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29004 comments Great start, Betty Dolls! Good luck!

message 47: by CyberAlmu (new)

CyberAlmu | 302 comments hey Betty Dolls, good luck with the Bingo and enjoy the reading! ;D

message 48: by Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (last edited Mar 06, 2011 07:17AM) (new)

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1128 comments Sallie: Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins
Angi: Fallen by Lauren Kate
Jessica: Carpe Corpus by Rachel Caine
Karen: Dreamfever by Karen Marie Moning

Free Space:
Karen: Midnight Crystal
Sallie: A Quick Bite-Lynsay Sands (SOS Bookshelf)

I had completely forgotten about the free space read so its off to find a book for that square now...

message 49: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (zombiecazz) | 108 comments I'm here. Had a family emergency and ended up 160 miles from home with NO INTERNET connection. Only just managed to survive as I had my trusty eReader with me.

message 50: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (last edited Mar 07, 2011 12:35AM) (new)

Sandra | 23887 comments Yay, Carolines here!

Sorry to hear you've got troubles, hope everythings OK now.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11